Arda Turan

Adnane

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man United would literally make no sense. They'd end up with like £60m worth of AM's on their bench. Some of which are arguably better than Arda.

Chelsea buys from Atletico because they are easy to negotiate with. It's ridiculous to assume Mourinho bought Costa, Filipe Luis, etc. because they were Atletico players, rather than world class players readily available for purchase.

I am not denying the fact that our interest is in part because they are top players who we can tempt with the offer of higher wages (in addition to the Jorge Mendes influence) but from our perspective the fact they play under Simeone is an allure just as big, if not bigger IMO.

Luis is a good example. Did Mourinho genuinely consider him a top LB who would fit our system (passive defending, covering for JT, defending 1v1 etc.) or was he willing to spend upwards of £20m on him and assume he would fit in because he was a top LB at Atleti? After this season I would argue it was the latter. Similarly there appeared to be no interest in re-signing Tiago until last summer after a successful season at Atleti before the move collapsed for whatever reason. Did Tiago drastically improve that year or was he just part of a great defensive unit (one which completely outclassed us at Stamford Bridge) that thus made him more appealing to Jose? Again I would argue it's probably the latter.

I don't think it's a bad thing to be buying from Atleti as their players are tactically incredibly disciplined and often very talented but it's hardly ridiculous to suggest our interest is inflated because of the system and manager they play under.

Even though he's a troll and super annoying, for now i'll believe Rob Beasley on this. Its not like there are reliable sources saying he's coming or we want him. Only "Sport" and some of the Turkish media.

Even though he's a troll and super annoying, for now i'll believe Rob Beasley on this. Its not like there are reliable sources saying he's coming or we want him. Only "Sport" and some of the Turkish media.

Same here. Looked like we were nailed on early yesterday but it seems now that he'll go to Barca.

A bit disappointed to be honest. The closer it seemed we were to signing him the more I was warming to the idea of him playing for us.

I am not denying the fact that the interest is in part because they are top players who we can tempt with the offer of higher wages but from our perspective the fact they play under Simeone is an allure just as big, if not bigger IMO.

Luis is a good example. Was he bought because Mourinho considered him a top LB who would fit our system or because he was a top LB at Atleti that he considered dangerous enough to warrant Azpi's man-marking in the CL SF? It certainly wouldn't have been the price that interested us (upwards of £20m) and after this season I would argue it was the latter. Similarly there appeared to be no interest in re-signing Tiago until last summer after a successful season at Atleti (before the move collapsed for whatever reason). Did Tiago drastically improve that year or was he just part of a great defensive unit that completely outclassed us at Stamford Bridge and thus made him more appealing to Jose? Again it's probably the latter.

I don't think it's a bad thing to be buying from Atleti as their players are tactically incredibly disciplined and often very talented but it's hardly ridiculous to suggest our interest is heavily inflated because of the system and manager they play under.

We aint done too bad with the business we have had with them upto now.

I'm still hoping we will get Griezmann.

I actually hope that idiot Beasley is right this time. No more attacking midfielders who score about as much as JT please. Right now we only have Hazard who scores consistently over the season. I would say Costa (and Remy to an extent), but realistically it doesn't look like they'll ever be fit for an entire season. Griezmann please.

Same here. Looked like we were nailed on early yesterday but it seems now that he'll go to Barca.

A bit disappointed to be honest. The closer it seemed we were to signing him the more I was warming to the idea of him playing for us.

the barca rumours are even less reliable

As stated earlier i think Beasley has reliability when it comes to Chelsea. With him saying Mourinho is on holiday and Marina is doing the deals... I find it hard to believe he has rung Jose and asked are you signing any of these....... "no, Rob we arent" and I'd bet my house he certainly has not rung Marina or Roman

Beasley is a massive troll too, along with being kind of reliable

Hard working player, versatile offensive midfielder, played in the most similar top team in Europe to us, we have a player that both teams want to transfer between each other, players agent confirm he has concrete offers.

Honestly, I think its a no-brainer that one of the teams looking to sign him is us. It would make sense and we have the means to greatly reduce his price, which is already heavily rumored to be below his buy-out. There are a lo of sexier names out there, but Turan feels like a pretty low-risk signing as long as he isnt too expensive.

Only problem if he signs is that he isn't exactly that fast and only makes up for it with his incredible football cleverness and skill, also he is very competitive and works extremely hard.

That and 28m for a soon to be 29 years old doesn't seem great values, more of a risk as whether he suceed or not we will never recoup anything close to 20m again if he moves on in the future, making it a big gamble. I would still be OK with the siging but won't be mad if we miss out either, not the end of the world.

Think Turan would be a decent signing. The main problem here is...29m for a 29-year-old?! WTF! It's like we're heading back to the time when we spend unwisely on transfers. :rant::doh:

(assuming the transfer fee mentioned is even right in the first place)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You