Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

Make it happen already ffs. We still need to sign 2 players after him and considering the pace we are doing business there won't be enough time left to buy half a player in the remaining days, let alone 2.

40 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Let's hope he heads in the right direction if he is allowed to go...go mad if ends up at Liverpool though somehow wouldn't surprise. Then again maybe they've been thrown in for drama.. Well see

Could be that he might prefer to play with the other England boys that are at Liverpool.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's a major pull  that Klopp would use to tempt him there.

13 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Could be that he might prefer to play with the other England boys that are at Liverpool.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's a major pull  that Klopp would use to tempt him there.

Giving how we've done in the window so far that wouldn't surprise me

Oxlade-Chamberlain was one of Arsenal's most creative players last season.

Despite only playing in 29 games, he had the third most assists and he also ranked highly for chances created (4th), dribbles (2nd) and successful crosses (4th).

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea and Liverpool look set to battle it out for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after he turned down a new deal at Arsenal, according to Sky sources. 

i really hope he chooses us over Liverpool

56 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

The only reason he'd choose Liverpool is because Klopp agrees to play him as a CM.

That would be it, imo. 

Think it will mostly depend on how much playing time he'll get. If he's going to play more than Liverpool, then he'll likely move up there.

Am I the only one who thinks all this 'AOC wants to play as CM' talk is bullshit?

He's thrived as a wing-back in the last six months more than he has over the last six years at any other positions, much like Victor Moses has, and I think he'd be more than happy to keep playing there in the future too if that's where he's at his most useful. Surely he's not dumb enough to stubbornly want to play only as a CM when he's not very good at that position and would mean he will most likely never be a key player for a team fighting for the title whereas in wing-back he can become one of the best in the world.

Just seems to me like an excuse for wanting to leave Arsenal, as he's hardly going to say 'I wanna leave to win more trophies at a better team' until his transfer is 100% completed because it could backfire on him badly if he doesn't get the move.  

I wonder if he goes straight into our side if we sign him. For the fee he'll cost and for him to turn down £180k a week and a starting spot every week at Arsenal he'll probably be given assurances about playing time, yes?

Would be harsh on Moses but it's not like there aren't plenty of matches this season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You