Chelsea 1-1 Southampton

Jase

We still have liverpool Utd and Arsenal too play, who are all in their best form of the season!

Can easily drop 6 points or more in them!

people are getting carried away, City or Arsenal can easily still win it

City are useless.

Dunno about the other two. Could pose a threat.

We need a mini revival - two months are left. If it is like last season's last two months it does n't look good.

United by the way are next year's champs 100% the way things are now, unless serious reinforcements are brought in by Chelsea.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have liverpool Utd and Arsenal too play, who are all in their best form of the season!

Can easily drop 6 points or more in them!

people are getting carried away, City or Arsenal can easily still win it

We still have a game in hand.

And to borrow from our manager: "Why are you so pessimistic in life? Its more difficult to succeed! You have to be optimistic. Maybe you are a guy with great potential and you don't move on because you are pessimistic. Be optimistic!"

wake to see a draw result !

pathetic ! at this rate we will lose Premier league too. What was all the celebration about City loosing only to wake to this shitty result ?

And to borrow from our manager: "Why are you so pessimistic in life? Its more difficult to succeed! You have to be optimistic. Maybe you are a guy with great potential and you don't move on because you are pessimistic. Be optimistic!"

these days its all talk and no action !

We still have a game in hand.

The irony of that quote. It applies perfectly to Jose's big-game approach.

I'm absolutely fucking appalled at our team right now!

Mourinho came straight out, claiming that we need to focus on the league after we were knocked out of Europe by PSG.. You'd think from that the players would up their game, BUT NO!! I watched that game today and they simply played like they did against PSG. No passion, no creativity, no communication. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Not to mention, Mourinho's tactics were completely wrong again!

Southampton could have EASILY slipped a couple of goals past us after their penalty by Tadic. Honestly, It's the first time I've seen our defence fall over on its feet at Stamford Bridge this season, and if we play like that against United and Liverpool when they visit us, we're seriously going to be in trouble!

And let's not forget our away clash at Arsenal, who are looking rather incredible at the moment, and we can't let them get a sniff at a title opportunity. I really don't want to imagine them snatching away the title right at the death having been this far away from them on points all season. The Arsenal fans will never shut up about it!

Give credit where it is due to Southampton for playing well defensively and giving us a game, but honestly, I am sick of us wasting perfect opportunities like the one that was clearly served to us on a plate today. It's not the first time it's happened to us.. If it was any other team in our situation, they would have bitten their hand off and won. BUT CHELSEA ALWAYS SLIP UP!!

If certain things don't make sense I'm sorry... if my analysis is late, I'm sorry for that as well... I'm just pissed off!

One thing I'm not complaining about... 6 points clear, game in hand!

Well, at least that first half is over and hopefully we do not see one like it again. Second half as most everyone has noted was much better with 3 or 4 clear opportunities that just did not find their way in, especially the one from JT late.

Fabregas is either distracted, tired, uninterested or something because he has been poor of late. Match commentators continually highlighted his poor passes and giveaways. I could not disagree. After such early promise, he needs to pull it together. Agree that Oscar seems to not even be on the pitch most of the game.

I realize that Cuadrado has rarely seen the pitch since coming over, but wow, just wow. I was afraid he was going to wet himself. There is a difference between playing poor and not belonging. I think we would have some youth team players that would have had more composure today. Salah would have done better today than Cuadrado and I am not saying we need him back, just using as a comparison. I also know Schurrle did not fit with Jose's system, but he would be a nice change of pace compared to what we have now. How many true options do we have? Drogba, love the guy, but the game has passed him by. Cuadrado? Maybe next year. Maybe. Remy is a legitimate choice off the bench as is Ramires. Zouma and Luis in the back and that's it.

If we can get 4-6 points out of Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal, we will be okay. Anything less and it will be real close at the end.

The season probably comes down to the other 7 games: at Hull, Stoke, at QPR, at Leicester, Crystal Palace, at WBA and Sunderland. Can we take 18-21 points in those?

The team from last year's stretch run is starting to show up again. We are not scoring any more goals than with Torres and Eto'o. Need to get back to form and win some easily for a change.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Schneiderlin was fantastic. For Mourinho's approach, he would make a fine signing. I find it hard to say how good he actually is, how he'd do at an elite club. But he would definitely make a great squad option. One thing's for sure, I'd much rather have Schneiderlin in the middle than Mikel or Ramires in the big games.

You know what would make sense?

If we had Matic and Schneiderlin as CDMs, push Fabregas further up the middle, have Hazard and Willian either side, that would be perfect for me. Then Oscar can be sold for £40m to either Real Madrid or PSG, giving us another £20m profit in the summer.

Honest to christ, I never fail to get a splitting headache watching Oscar. He just looks so lightweight going up against brutal opposition most times.. almost to the point that it looks unfair on the lad. Also his passing vision and ball control is abysmal! I don't understand at all how Mourinho can "like" him.

You know what would make sense?

If we had Matic and Schneiderlin as CDMs, push Fabregas further up the middle, have Hazard and Willian either side, that would be perfect for me. Then Oscar can be sold for £40m to either Real Madrid or PSG, giving us another £20m profit.

Honest to christ, I get a splitting headache watching Oscar. He just looks so lightweight going up against brutal opposition most times.. almost to the point that it gets ridiculous. Also his passing vision and ball control is abysmal! I don't know how Mourinho can "like" him.

I'd prefer a replacement for Willian.

Selling Oscar for 40 mil would rival the Luiz deal.

I have always defended him - but Mourinho isn't working for me anymore

I don't care about his record - I care about NOW - he just cannot get this group of players to play well consistently

He is picking the same players over and over again and expecting a different outcome!

Go look up the definition of insanity...

Zouma should have started

OSCAR should not be allowed on the pitch

Ivanovic is a fucking shit RB and between him and Cahil 99% of the reason we concede - Azpi and Luis are much better options.

Long shots have all but disappeared from our game - just one fucking long shot today could have had us 2 extra points. But no - we dick around with the ball and lose it cheaply.

Our subs look like they have no idea when they come on - that's poor integration - just what the fuck are we doing in training? It isn't attacking or defensive work!

I'm sorry - but our football is shit - and our manager is stubborn prick who refuses to adapt or change. I'm genuinely concerned about our present and future under him now. Did Southampton have one shot on goal in the second half?