Chelsea 1-1 Southampton

Jase

Shocking display on first team, second was much better - Oscar decided to show up, often dropping deep for ball (cause Cesc wasn't able to do distribute it well - in second half he could do simple passes, everything more complicated was beyond his ability). Hazard also decided to speed up his game - unfortunately also had to drop deep for ball, cause of that all we often lack players to finish action. We played much more agressive thats why Southampton was not able to press us so much - they were afraid of our attacts - few times the attacked with only 3/4 players, not to be countered by us. Anyway because of shit defending they had their chances in second half as well.

Cuadrado has awful cameo, but wouldnt blame him unless he gets 4/5 starts.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accept Mourinho has his faults, but if you can name me a better coach in world football I'm all ears. Simeone maybe? Can't think of any more.

Alex, take it from my point of view.. we should thank our lucky stars Mourinho is our manager, full stop. Either we stick with him, or we could simply let Abramovich rotate the vacant manager's job like a revolving door again. We'll employ Simeone for a season, and then sack him because he fails to win anything. For the benefit of the club's future, I know what choice I'd make.. at least Mourinho has a cult following and a massive connection at Chelsea. Something you can't just win over on day one!

What's so good about Mourinho, is that he loves us, and he's fucking good at what he does. Every time I see someone slagging him off, it makes me want to bang my head up against a wall!

Considering at one stage since Jose's sacking we had more managers then trophies glad he lasted this long!

Everyone can say his tactics are wrong (I'll admit I was one of those people in this thread), but I'm confident Mourinho's here for the long run this time, rather than just walking out because of a stupid disagreement with Abramovich. Say what you like about him, everyone puts faith in him one way or another, because he understands how to win games tactically! Why do you think we are where we are in the league? But then you think, 'no campaign goes without its hiccups'.

There's just no way you can judge a top class manager's status just by watching their side get outplayed tactically in a couple of games.. especially when early form in the season has been second to none. It's up to the manager to identify the problems with Chelsea's game, and work around them. Mourinho has always been one of the world's best tactical masterminds simply by doing this sort of thing.

Do I have faith in him? Yes!

Do I feel his tactical nouse can win us the league this season? Absolutely!

But 'No campaign goes without its hiccups'.

I remember from how we played with Damien Duff and Arjen Robben with Lamps in the middle and a strong defence.. we won the league with them didn't we?

And remember the string of 0-0s and 1-0s? I do.

My whole point is winning is more important than entertainment.

If you lot are all content with 4-4 draws then I'm fucking buzzing for you. Give me a scrappy, shitty 2-1 any day of the week.

And remember the string of 0-0s and 1-0s? I do.

A lot goes into a 1-0 win. I can remember last season going to City and winning with that scoreline. Mourinho's mind games and tactics were spot on!

Arsenal going to the same venue, playing tiki-taka and losing 6-3. What does that tell you?

Quite a turnaround, Muzchap. Have you been hacked?

Lol nope - just sick of it - made time today (Mother's Day) to settle down and watch us play and it was painful.

We couldn't do the basics - simple pass and move

Our attacking prowess now boils down to pass to Ivanovic and he will lump it in the box

It's just so one dimensional.

Yes - we are 6 points clear with a game in hand - I get that :)

But - how can we consistently play so bad - it's just FUGLY football

Willian looked good as a number 10 - why not keep him there ?

ANY opposing player that runs with the ball just bypasses our midfield with ease - it's really shocking

To top it off - thought I'd laugh at the Mancs and Yids - and saw a lesson on attacking, free flowing football! It's no coincidence that suddenly players being played in their favoured positions worked out.

So why can't we expirement a little more. The team looks jaded and 'glass half full' - everybody looks fucked off with each other. It doesn't smack of a harmonious squad... We've one a cup, progressed in Europe and sitting at the top of the league - but not one player has a smile on their face !!!!!!

I respect Jose - I really do - but there's a fine line between a Leader and a Despot and I'm sad to say I fear he's crossing the line.

I'm cool with anybody mocking my posts and calling them 'Aids' (very disrespectful to AIDS victims and sufferers I might add) - but I'm saying it as I'm seeing it.

I expected a massive performance, a show of force - desire, passion, hunger and what I saw was not that.

I hope we do win the EPL - I would love nothing more than to have this post shoved down my throat come the end of season.

I'm just scared that this might be the best it gets - that this is the way we will play forever under Jose - and that - I'm just not cool with, I know be a winner not like Arsenal etc - but there has to be something slightly better than this???

A very troubled supporter :(