Chelsea 1-1 Southampton

Jase

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our attack is shit. I can even tolerate this if we had balance from playing all these defensive players in attack, but we even struggle in that department.

Setpieces are consistently our best chances to score, unless Hazard or Cesc magic happens once a game.

Oscar needs to be moved on as he adds nothing to the side lately, and Fabregas ??? well I'm starting to believe that he really is only a "first half of the season player". he was very poor today.I screamed for Mourinho to bring on Coutrado, but at the end was screaming for him to be taken off again. He doesn't seem to have found his feet yet. Willian too runs forever, but with little or no end product. He may tackle back a lot but his attacking play needs to improve. I cant remember when he last scored (sorry)Without Hazard we would be lucky to be in the top four this season, and we cannot keep relying on his performances week in week out.

I understand that we are 6 points clear with a game in hand, but boy are we making hard work of it. And looking at our run in, I think City have by far a lot easier run in than us. We have Arsenal (who are flying at present) Liverpool ( who are also gelling nicely for the run in ) and United (who are now back in the hunt for second and winning ugly when they have to) These three matches can, and will define our season, and if we don't cop on and start playing for the jersey instead of the money we will blow this. I might sound very negative but I've supported this club for 45 years and I have seen us shoot ourselves in the foot so many times that I feel entitled to feel this way. Okay, we took a point today, but it's Southampton we were playing, not Barcelona. We need to be winning these matches, and winning with confidence. I saw the players in the tunnel at half time having a team talk and I knew we would see a much better performance from them. Which begs the question, "Why the fuck couldn't they play like that from the start". So come on guys, get your act together, you have to kick on and win the league, it's not going to be handed to you.

There was no difference in how we played, except the players actually gave a fuck in the second.

Not entirely true. We did commit a lot more people forward to the attack. numerous times we saw Ramires or Cesc making runs into the box, that never happened at all in the first half. We went for the win but we didn't get it...

Our attack is shit. I can even tolerate this if we had balance from playing all these defensive players in attack, but we even struggle in that department.

Setpieces are consistently our best chances to score, unless Hazard or Cesc magic happens once a game.

Think about the balance, Sheva. The balance! Without balance, we are left with anarchy.

Don't understand why people are happy because we played well in the second half. If we bothered to turn up in the first half we may have got a second goal and won the game.

Not entirely the players' fault though. Why we are playing an almost identical team to one which played 120 minutes vs psg is beyond me. Good bringing Remy on with 15 minutes left. Probably 15 minutes too late. Cuadrado still seems incapable of communicating with our players and ran around like a horse on LSD. Don't get me started on Oscar as well.

Hahahahahaha!!!

I'm happy we played well in the second half because its something to build off of. We haven't been that good in months is seems like... We found good opportunities to score against the best defense in the premier league, that has to be encouraging.

Now the next thing to do is play Zouma instead of Cahill and continue to press high up the pitch and we should find more results.

Needed to the show league we mean business and all we showed them is meh .

Oscar really not doing the business pretty quiet would have subbed him at Half time. Cuadrado has not show me anything and cannot understand the signing or the fee( hope he

Proves me wrong ).

Looks like we are going to limp over the line to the title rather than win in a blaze of

Glory , if we don't win the league expect Mou's head on a Russian plate.

I think their penalty was soft and we should have had one. We also came up against a keeper who should be England's number one imo and on another day we could have won quite comfortably with those chances he saved.

On reflection, if City had won yesterday, it might have helped raise the performance level. But we're better off than we were at the start of the weekend and a win in our game in hand would put us nine clear with a superior goal difference, so no over-reactions or negativity from me.

We looked a team short of confidence. I am pleased we found some semblance of attacking nous in the second half but its just too bad we haven't taken any of the incredible chances we created. Southampton are a very good defensive team and we opened them up time and again, had it not been for Forster we probably would've won comfortably.

Good to see Costa score again he looked okay today, needs to be properly supported. Oscar once again worked his ass off but didn't produce any quality we need to cut teams open, that's all fine and good when Cesc is pulling the strings but clearly today that wasn't the case. Had at least two chances where you thought surely and put them both into the keeper.

Cesc has been awful lately. When we were clicking WAYYYYYY back when he was the heartbeat in the middle of the pitch, he hasn't been anywhere near good enough offensively and when that is the case his lack defensive contribution becomes more glaring. I'm actually starting to believe the claim made by Barca and Arsenal fans who say he becomes a passenger in the second half of the season. Hard to argue against it given what we've seen.

Hazard wants to win the title! whenever the ball was at his feet he tried to be decisive! Loved watching him today!

We struggle with pace. Brana was caught out of position more time than I care to count and with Cahill as cover, who also lacks pace, we look susceptible to counters down that flank. The aerial threat Brana carries is not exactly there anymore and we aren't really finding him on goal kicks to start attacks. I think we need to give Luis a run in the side now... play Azpi on the right and see if we can close off the large fissure on the right side of our defense.

I'm still content, I feel we will win the title but we have to build on this second half performance and play fearlessly.

UTD 3 up against Spurs.

We cannot score against girls these days.

Something is amiss.

A lot of unnecessary intricacy in our build up, no long range shooting. Only Oscar tried a shot deep in the second half and that was n't long range.