Chelsea v PSG

Jase

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Moura have 8 goals? One behind Cavani?

Anyways I know what threatens our defenders most and without question it's pace. Pastore for me is much better in the middle of the pitch so unless Blanc decides to play 4-3-1-2 (suicide) I doubt Pastore will have the influence you think he can have.

Lucas has scored 8 goals, Cavani 18 this season. Lucas is fast indeed but he's not really a smart player, it's way too rare for now when his pace and dribbling skills are actually useful. Pastore can score and he can make his teammates score, so I'd prefer to see him start over Lavezzi.

Pastore is like, 'old school' number 10, but these last years he really learned how to defend properly and he's pretty good at it tbh. Yes he's better in the middle, but you probably know that we can defend as 4-3-3, then he would defend on one side, and when attacking he can go in the middle and be the playmaker, Ibra can do the same and then Cavani can leave his side and take a number 9 position while Pastore can use his pace, he's not as fast as Lucas - who is? - but he's pretty fast, probably more than Terry at least. Now, maybe Pastore won't have the influence I think he could have, that's the point with him, you never know what to expect. That's why, maybe, he won't start; Lavezzi has pace and he gots grinta to defend.

Actually I've no idea of what will be our lineup tomorrow.

Not exactly his fault that Real Madrid forked out 100m for him. Like the two of you said, he's nowhere worth near 100m. At most 50m.

True but even if he was bought for 50 million i don't think RM fans would be happy with him.

12 goals in 28 games for a player that mostly relies on his goalscoring ability isn't good enough.

He also isn't really a refined football player. His technical ability isn't up there with the best. That's also something that RM fans don't like about Bale.

Isco, for example, is a fan favorite while he only has 3 goals and 8 assists in 24 games but his technical ability is up there with the best and he's also more of a creator and he works harder for the team then Bale does.

Lucas has scored 8 goals, Cavani 18 this season. Lucas is fast indeed but he's not really a smart player, it's way too rare for now when his pace and dribbling skills are actually useful. Pastore can score and he can make his teammates score, so I'd prefer to see him start over Lavezzi.

Pastore is like, 'old school' number 10, but these last years he really learned how to defend properly and he's pretty good at it tbh. Yes he's better in the middle, but you probably know that we can defend as 4-3-3, then he would defend on one side, and when attacking he can go in the middle and be the playmaker, Ibra can do the same and then Cavani can leave his side and take a number 9 position while Pastore can use his pace, he's not as fast as Lucas - who is? - but he's pretty fast, probably more than Terry at least. Now, maybe Pastore won't have the influence I think he could have, that's the point with him, you never know what to expect. That's why, maybe, he won't start; Lavezzi has pace and he gots grinta to defend.

Actually I've no idea of what will be our lineup tomorrow.

Ya the numbers I was referencing were in Ligue 1 not all competitions. Anyways no reason to keep talking about Moura since he won't play. I'm not so sure playing Pastore on the left is the best course of action. Yes, he can get central when you go to attack but if we trap and win the ball it will leave all kinds of space in behind for us to exploit. As is you guys already play a hybrid of 4-3-1-2 because Cavani looks to get into the box a lot. If Pastore comes inside(he will for sure) it will leaves the flanks open to be exploited. The only thing I saw that saved you guy from getting exposed on the counter was the amount of fouls that were not given cards. If the ref makes the calls this time we will put pressure on your defense. Lavezzi isn't a great player but he is a very good team guy he always does the job asked of him, if you take him out of the team(and I think Blanc will) you are basically surrendering both flanks for us to make use of. Hazard and Willian will have license to run at your back four unchallenged...

Still the way I see it this game will be won and lost in the middle of the pitch. I expect Matuidi, Luiz and Verratti to do battle with Matic, Cesc and Ramires. The last game PSG controlled this area of the pitch and for that reason were the better team, if that happens again you will win.

Thing is, Lavezzi is one of our three attacking players but he very rarely manage to score a goal, and we absolutly need to score tomorrow. So yes he's a good team guy but the first thing we expect from our strikers is to score. And in order to do that, I'd prefer to see Pastore.

Now I understand what you say about our flanks being exploited, but we would have the same problem with Lavezzi if he loses the ball or can't get a forward pass, and he does that a lot. That being said, there's still our fullbacks and Matuidi and Verratti to protect our flanks. Once again, we need to score, we'll need balance as well and i'm sure that other players will compensate when Pastore or Cavani will go inside so our flanks won't be too exposed- but our first priority shouldn't be to lock our flanks but to score.

But scoring too early wouldn't be that good either, that's why I wouldn't be surprised if Lavezzi starts, he may bring more balance and, as you said, pace.

I agree with you, tactical fouls really helped us in the first leg, and I feel like we'll be given more cards tomorrow, even though Verratti is strong at doing such fouls without getting cards. And yes, if we manage to control midfield as we did in Paris, your defense will have a hard time. But i'm not sure Luiz will play there, Motta is back and it may be good to see him start if we want to control midfield. Then Luiz would play between Silva and Marquinhos.

Sorry my english isn't good enough to argue properly about tactical matters.

While i agree with you, in general, that numbers aren't everything in Bale's case numbers are everything. Because he simply doesn't have much else to offer besides his goalscoring ability.

He's a goalscorer. Goalscorers get judged by how many goals they score.

He's got 12 in 28 games.

Well RM fans are fickle no doubt about it. Problem is that Bale was bought for a 100 million euros and he simply isn't a 100 million player. Not even close to that amount.

You said he did "alright" but "alright" isn't good enough for a RM player that cost a 100 million euros.

RM aren't after stability. They just buy potential superstars for big money give them 1 maybe 2 years, if they're lucky, to prove themselves and if they don't match the expectations they sell them for half the price and buy the next potential superstar.

If RM want him to score tons of goals then they should use him in Ronaldo role. You cannot have everybody score tons of goals.

I don't understand why you guys and your dear coach all cry against the referee of the 1st leg.. PSG is the one was fucked by the referee with the clear penalty of Ramires on Pastore.. Why don't you remember this?

I don't understand why you guys and your dear coach all cry against the referee of the 1st leg.. PSG is the one was fucked by the referee with the clear penalty of Ramires on Pastore.. Why don't you remember this?

9 fouls on hazard including two from Verrati that were worthy of sperate bookings.

9 fouls on hazard including two from Verrati that were worthy of sperate bookings.

So what? As it is mentionned in the word itself, those were "fouls", therefore they were sanctionned. We can't say the same for the action on Pastore that was a very clear penalty but that wasn't whistled. At the end, thanks to this, you didn't go home with a defeat! So Mourinho and you supporters should build a statue for the referee instead of crying like poor little girls..

Jose reports Nemanja Matic is fit to play and he is happy to have him back though he warns he hasn't played for a couple of weeks. #CFC

Mourinho says the Stamford Bridge support vs Liverpool in the Capital One Cup semi-final was fantastic & he hopes for similar tomorrow. #CFC

Mourinho reports John Mikel Obi is the only player not available for selection tomorrow. #CFC

Courtois

Bane zouma terry Azpi

Ramires matic cesc

Willian costa hazard

Same style as coc final. Keep control of the game, I really think it will rest on how the referee handles PSG's fouling. Take verratti out with an early yellow and hazard should run the show