Chelsea v PSG

Jase

Maybe but numbers are not everything and Bale was doing alright before the turn of the year. The Madrid fans booing him just because he decided to shoot rather than pass is pretty silly and petty as well. It's one thing having high expectation but it's another going OTT with it and that's probably the reason why Madrid won't ever have stability at the club. Almost every little bad thing is blown out of proportion.

If you cost 100 million doing alright isn't enough in my eyes. Like I said when they first bought Bale, 100 million is crazy for a player who only had so much ability and potential, if they got him for 30-40 million then fine but 100....

Anyway my team for playing PSG would be:

Courtois

Ivanovic Zouma Terry Azpi/Luis

Ramires Matic Cesc

Willian Costa Hazard

Probably our best team selection although I am still convinced Cahill is a better CB than Zouma.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man times does really go slow these days when Chelsea are going to play. it feels like forever. when it gets closer to kickoff for me it feels like time slows down and the day drags and takes forever to get to Kickoff.

good luck to our men CFC and hopefully we can find that "CHELSEA ARE THE 2012 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - WINNERS and CHAMPIONS SPIRIT and things can go our way" starting from the Second Leg win over PSG.

I'd like to see:

Cech

Iva Cahill JT Luis

--Zouma--

Matic Cesc

Willian Diego Hazard

SUBS: Courtois, Azpi, Ake, Ramires, RLC, Remy, Drogba

Zouma sits directly in front of the centre backs, keeping the defence and midfield tight. Matic does what he does best, while Cesc gets more free space in his free role. Attacking fullbacks in Iva and Luis, giving us extra width. Cahill, Zouma, Terry, Iva, and Matic all give us the aerial firepower to stop PSG taking advantage as per last time. Having Zouma will also neutralise Verratti before he gets sent off, but I definitely think 4-3-3 would be the optimum system. What do you think?

I liked the comments on RM too, friend, it's amazing how spoiled they really are...

4-3-3 is absolutely the way to go if we seriously want to counter attack.

Courtois

Iva Cahill JT Luis

--Zouma--

Cesc Matic

Willian Diego Hazard

This is because the two midfielders in front of zouma (Matic and fabregas) will cover the wings defensively when Hazard and Willian move forward. Fabregas will be closer to the pivot where he can dictate play. It's far better for us to play with that formation. In fact I might be liking the idea of zouma in midfield because I don't like how physically dominant they were over us in Paris.

No one could beat Chelsea of 2004-2008 in a physical battle and I want us to keep those values instead of letting ibrahimovic do a drogba on us.

Hi friend!

Sorry for not answer you before. I was out. Sorry.

Yes, this approach is also interesting with Zouma just ahead of the defense and Matic and Fabregas ahead him. In addition, we play with a midfield which players rotate / change places constantly. Especially Fabregas goes up and down in the middle of the pitch which makes our movements unpredictable. I think there would not be a defensive approach, rather an approach betting on controlling the pace of the match and avoid risks.

Regarding Willian, I think Ramires is unnegotiable for Jose. But I think with Willian we would have a more balanced starting eleven, but Ramires is (maybe) inegociable. I have the feeling that Jose will bet for Willian but not in our starting eleven, but as first change to kill the tie. Willian will be very important for us on Wednesday.

Regards.

I think that in a very counter attacking sense, Willian and Ramires are much the same player. However, otherwise I think if Ramires does play, he will play as a false number 6 and Diego and Hazard play as the front 2, with a 4 man central midfield.

It depends, the loss of width if we play this will be made up for by Luis and Iva. My only fear with Ramires is that he'll get pushed around at PSG, like he did at the first leg and at Burnley. In that sense, Oscar might be better off on that wing, at least he can stand his ground.

While i agree with you, in general, that numbers aren't everything in Bale's case numbers are everything. Because he simply doesn't have much else to offer besides his goalscoring ability.

He's a goalscorer. Goalscorers get judged by how many goals they score.

He's got 12 in 28 games.

Well RM fans are fickle no doubt about it. Problem is that Bale was bought for a 100 million euros and he simply isn't a 100 million player. Not even close to that amount.

You said he did "alright" but "alright" isn't good enough for a RM player that cost a 100 million euros.

RM aren't after stability. They just buy potential superstars for big money give them 1 maybe 2 years, if they're lucky, to prove themselves and if they don't match the expectations they sell them for half the price and buy the next potential superstar.

If you cost 100 million doing alright isn't enough in my eyes. Like I said when they first bought Bale, 100 million is crazy for a player who only had so much ability and potential, if they got him for 30-40 million then fine but 100....

Not exactly his fault that Real Madrid forked out 100m for him. Like the two of you said, he's nowhere worth near 100m. At most 50m.

That's weird but i have a very good feeling for this game even if it's a 70/30 for you.

Verratti and Pastore have never been strongest.

Wish Lucas Moura could have been there.

Can't wait !

I have to admit I'm more than a little apprehensive about this. Last season the scoreline from the first leg basically dictated our approach at the Bridge but the 1-1 can cause us to be unsure. If it's 1-0 to us or still 0-0 in the latter stages of the game, I can see panic stations at the back while we desperately try to cling on.

I can't wait personally. This is where both our team, club and manager really come to the fore, these are the nights that separate us from the rest. The boss will have them fired up from the go and nobody will leave that dressing room at 7:40 not fully focused. We have beat them before and we will do it again, Zlatan or no Zlatan....The Bridge is made for nights like tomorrow and tomorrow will be no different. We are on the march in the PL and we will continue our march in Europe tomorrow night, because when the music stops and the handshakes have stopped it's time to battle, we like a battle because it's what we do.

CAREFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's weird but i have a very good feeling for this game even if it's a 70/30 for you.

Verratti and Pastore have never been strongest.

Wish Lucas Moura could have been there.

Can't wait !

Moura is the guy I was most worried about. He's the only guy with real pace which is what we struggle with. I'm surprisingly very confident for this... I'm convinced we have the squad to control PSG. If the game is slow and cagey like the first game I think we will win, our low block defending is very difficult to break down on small pitches like the Bridge.

Yeah but we don't want to give your defenders problems, we want to score goals, and so far Lucas didn't score many. If Lavezzi starts, I'll regret Lucas being absent. But not if Pastore is fully fit, his forward passes for Zlatan, Cavani and Matuidi are real threats.

Yeah but we don't want to give your defenders problems, we want to score goals, and so far Lucas didn't score many. If Lavezzi starts, I'll regret Lucas being absent. But not if Pastore is fully fit, his forward passes for Zlatan, Cavani and Matuidi are real threats.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Moura have 8 goals? One behind Cavani?

Anyways I know what threatens our defenders most and without question it's pace. Pastore for me is much better in the middle of the pitch so unless Blanc decides to play 4-3-1-2 (suicide) I doubt Pastore will have the influence you think he can have.