Chelsea 2-2 PSG

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Yes the team was built illegally! You broke the rules to get the team you have right now. This isn't about Chelsea, when the rules were implemented it gave everyone, including PSG 3yrs to get their house in order and you failed and were sanctioned. What we did and are STILL doing is perfectly in the rules of the game... What you guys attempted to do and failed at is breaking them.

Who are Paris' top players? Zlatan is marching towards the glue factory and Cavani, while being paid a kings ransom isn't really a talismanic figure for PSG is he? Thiago Silva is a stud! David Luis is our reject... Verratti has a long way to go before he can be considered a top player and Pastore rightfully struggles to get into your squad. Moura I like but there is little evidence he is a world class player. So who am I missing in all of this? Motta? Matuidi?

Diego Costa love him or hate him is one of the worlds best strikers, he proved it in La Liga and is proving it in the EPL. Hazard and Courtois are without question world class or thereabouts and Fabregas is definitely one of the best midfielders in the world. You would also be hard pressed to find a better defensive midfielder in world football than Matic. Who on your squad even comes close to Matic and Fabregas?

What is Silva gonna say? This is the 3rd best team I've played for? hahaha! Take what a player says with a grain of salt.

You say we underestimated PSG, you could be right, but in saying that aren't you alluding to the fact we have the superior team? PSG played their asses off, no one will say they didn't. They went out and actually won the tie without actually winning to be honest. My hats off to your squad for getting a result like that against the odds for sure. We clearly didn't play to our potential and tactically didn't get it right, but I fail to see where you can now draw conclusions that you are the better squad.

You can't be serious... Coming from the very first team built by a russian bilionnaire...

And FPF is not a law... it's only a rule that apply to uefa competition... And it might be illegal according to european law (it's beeing currently discused in European court). So get a hold of yourself, it's embarassing...

As for our players, yes Zlatan is getting old... but we actually didn't need him to tie you 2-2 10v11 on wednesday... Cavani isn't that good in French L1, but he scored 6 goals this year in Champion's League. How many for Diego Costa???

The only 2 players I would take from your team are Hazard and Courtois. To be honest, if it wasn't for Courtois, we would have won 4 or 5-1 in the first leg... And I wouldn't be proud to call Luiz "our reject". He's the one who won the game for you last year against us, and he was just awesome last wednesday...

In addition, don't talk about fatigue... You guys got out of the cup after loosing to somme 5th division team so that you could have a full week of rest before the 1st game. You also got a full week before the second one. We are still playing 4 competitions, and we play every 3 or 4 days since January!

We won because our player wanted to win more thant yours, that's it. Both team have amazing assets, but this year you lacked fighting spirit, which is odd considering how strong Chelsea used to be on that point over the last decade.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the team was built illegally! You broke the rules to get the team you have right now. This isn't about Chelsea, when the rules were implemented it gave everyone, including PSG 3yrs to get their house in order and you failed and were sanctioned. What we did and are STILL doing is perfectly in the rules of the game... What you guys attempted to do and failed at is breaking them.

Who are Paris' top players? Zlatan is marching towards the glue factory and Cavani, while being paid a kings ransom isn't really a talismanic figure for PSG is he? Thiago Silva is a stud! David Luis is our reject... Verratti has a long way to go before he can be considered a top player and Pastore rightfully struggles to get into your squad. Moura I like but there is little evidence he is a world class player. So who am I missing in all of this? Motta? Matuidi?

Diego Costa love him or hate him is one of the worlds best strikers, he proved it in La Liga and is proving it in the EPL. Hazard and Courtois are without question world class or thereabouts and Fabregas is definitely one of the best midfielders in the world. You would also be hard pressed to find a better defensive midfielder in world football than Matic. Who on your squad even comes close to Matic and Fabregas?

What is Silva gonna say? This is the 3rd best team I've played for? hahaha! Take what a player says with a grain of salt.

You say we underestimated PSG, you could be right, but in saying that aren't you alluding to the fact we have the superior team? PSG played their asses off, no one will say they didn't. They went out and actually won the tie without actually winning to be honest. My hats off to your squad for getting a result like that against the odds for sure. We clearly didn't play to our potential and tactically didn't get it right, but I fail to see where you can now draw conclusions that you are the better squad.

We broke the rules according to you but we paid for it this season. With no FFP we might have had Messi and Ronaldo in the squad.

Like someone doing a mistake, then paying for it then he is clean. We are in that situation. Consider the team built with the sanctions over the period.

After, I won't get into the comparisons you are looking for as I can perceive some irrational passion. My conviction is that Chelsea players are not top players except Hazard and Courtois or have been or will be :

Were better before: Terry, Fabregas, Drogba, Cahil, ivanovic

Average players in ligue 1 : Zouma / Azpi

Good good players but overated : Diego Costa / Oscar

Top players : Hasard, Courtois

Good good players" Matic / Ramires / Wilian

If I was a manager with all the money I can possibly imagine, the only players I would take would be Hazard and Courtois

If I do the same exercice with Real / Barca or Bayern that's nowhere near

If you look at the games, Chelsea didn't exist for 2 games. It is not me who says it - it is everybody - there might be a reason beyond referee, fighting spirit or Mourinho tactics...For me, we are just better. And we are inferior to Real / Bayern / Barca / even Atletico. As simple as that. Doesn't mean Chelsea is a average team.

But please do continue to underestimate us ...

Hey guys,

Sorry to come back just now, I know it is not very brave now Paris won. I think everything has been said about the game so I have nothing to add for the moment.

Like last year, the result is the same, both times the team that deserved to pass passed in the last minutes ... Anyway, you got knocked out but you won the League Cup and will win the Premier League, not that bad.

Diego Costa love him or hate him is one of the worlds best strikers, he proved it in La Liga and is proving it in the EPL. Hazard and Courtois are without question world class or thereabouts and Fabregas is definitely one of the best midfielders in the world. You would also be hard pressed to find a better defensive midfielder in world football than Matic.

So basically Paris completely dominated the first leg, played better than Chelsea in the second leg with only 10 men and Chelsea are still better? Be honnest at least.

About Diego Costa, you strangely forgot to mention how great he did during the World Cup and the Champions League. Hazard is a world class player? Against Sunderland or QPR, yes he is. In big european games, he is just a regular player. About Courtois, I totally agree with you. But the fact that he had so many chances to show it should be a big worry to you. Because without him, Paris could have almost passed after the first leg.

About fatigue, sure Paris had a break during the winter, Chelsea did not. But Chelsea also had 6 days to prepare both games.

Do not get me wrong, I still consider Chelsea a great team. But I feel like you're still thinking "we are the best team in the best league in the world so we are one of the best teams in the world". I love watching EPL games so I can say that this is still the most entertaining league in the world but the golden age is over for the moment. Liverpool got eliminated by Basel, you got knocked out, Man City will get knocked out and Arsenal will probably get knocked out by Monaco.

agree with your point there, but the only thing i can say is that last year we had a team with lesser quality than this year. and we were playing vs 10 men for most of the game,

PSG at the same time improved and I can't really use a dynamometer to give precise measurements in Newtons !

I have already stated that I 'd like to see faster action by our attackers, like Real for example (in those days they play seriously). The endless litany of back passing does n't work.

So basically Paris completely dominated the first leg, played better than Chelsea in the second leg with only 10 men and Chelsea are still better? Be honnest at least.

About Diego Costa, you strangely forgot to mention how great he did during the World Cup and the Champions League. Hazard is a world class player? Against Sunderland or QPR, yes he is. In big european games, he is just a regular player. About Courtois, I totally agree with you. But the fact that he had so many chances to show it should be a big worry to you. Because without him, Paris could have almost passed after the first leg.

About fatigue, sure Paris had a break during the winter, Chelsea did not. But Chelsea also had 6 days to prepare both games.

Do not get me wrong, I still consider Chelsea a great team. But I feel like you're still thinking "we are the best team in the best league in the world so we are one of the best teams in the world". I love watching EPL games so I can say that this is still the most entertaining league in the world but the golden age is over for the moment. Liverpool got eliminated by Basel, you got knocked out, Man City will get knocked out and Arsenal will probably get knocked out by Monaco.

You performed better over the 2 legs no doubt about that but we are the better team. We have better players but we've been going through a slump since new year.

We've played 15 games this year and have only played well in 2 games. Most of the other games we did just enough to win them but that's about it.

If we played the way we did in the beginning of the season we would have beaten you and gone through to the next round. atm we just have too many players that are off form.

Costa is one of the players that is off form. Like chelsea legend said he's a proven goalscorer in the spanish league and in the PL. He IS a worldclass striker (poacher) but he's just off form.

Hazard just a regular player ? :lol: Don't be ridiculous. Your club has been after him since forever and he's repeatedly turned you guys down.

Sounds to me like you're just bitter that he slammed the door in your faces once and for all by saying he'll never play for another French team besides Lille.

Seems like you guys finally took the hint(s) after Hazard stated for the 1000th time that he didn't want to go to your team. ^_^

About the first leg, thought the first half was quite even between the 2 teams. Second half you did dominate us but while you did have a number of good chances i didn't think Courtois had to make any real WC saves.

The saves he made were saves that i expect a goalkeeper at this level to make.

About the second leg, though we were slightly better in the opening 30 minutes. We made life difficult for you with our pressing and Hazard had some real joy down that right-hand side of yours.

We both had our dangerous moments but we also both lacked the final pass to score. After the red card we stopped pressing and allowed you to get into the game. As the game continued you guys got better and better and in that second half you played better with 10 men then we did with 11 and in the end both teams got what they deserved based on both legs.

Golden age might be over but the PL is still one of the best leagues in the world. It's still the most competitive and most physical league out there for me.

First match at the bridge since 2009. Was a really disappointing performance in many aspects for me. I think jose still wants to be the man that says we go ahead in the game we will shut up shop and you won't score, arrogantly. Unfortunately this isn't the team of 10 years ago, I feel that we have lost some winners in the team. Ash, Frank, Didier only coming on late on. Call it whatever you want but they had that winning character in games like this. I question cesc, Oscar, Ramires in particular.

People blame mourinho but first time I've seen him go 2 up top in a while. He's been let down by the players as much as us. I thought psg were outstanding aswell.

The crowd for me was terrible. A couple in front of me left after 60 mins. A boy to the right of me left after 65 mins. Wtf! This was the East stand, didn't want to be in there but hey ho. MH looked good but we still don't generate noise levels that we should be in a big European tie. It's almost like people are embarrassed to get vocal. Too many business types bringing along potential customers and charging their companies for tickets etc. that's what it seems like to me. Fuck them. Let the real fans back to the bridge and if the stadium was like what for example celtic park or anfield was on European nights, we would never have lost that game on Wednesday. Just my thoughts guys.

We broke the rules according to you but we paid for it this season. With no FFP we might have had Messi and Ronaldo in the squad.

Like someone doing a mistake, then paying for it then he is clean. We are in that situation. Consider the team built with the sanctions over the period.

After, I won't get into the comparisons you are looking for as I can perceive some irrational passion. My conviction is that Chelsea players are not top players except Hazard and Courtois or have been or will be :

Were better before: Terry, Fabregas, Drogba, Cahil, ivanovic

Average players in ligue 1 : Zouma / Azpi

Good good players but overated : Diego Costa / Oscar

Top players : Hasard, Courtois

Good good players" Matic / Ramires / Wilian

If I was a manager with all the money I can possibly imagine, the only players I would take would be Hazard and Courtois

If I do the same exercice with Real / Barca or Bayern that's nowhere near

If you look at the games, Chelsea didn't exist for 2 games. It is not me who says it - it is everybody - there might be a reason beyond referee, fighting spirit or Mourinho tactics...For me, we are just better. And we are inferior to Real / Bayern / Barca / even Atletico. As simple as that. Doesn't mean Chelsea is a average team.

But please do continue to underestimate us ...

Hey guys,

Sorry to come back just now, I know it is not very brave now Paris won. I think everything has been said about the game so I have nothing to add for the moment.

Like last year, the result is the same, both times the team that deserved to pass passed in the last minutes ... Anyway, you got knocked out but you won the League Cup and will win the Premier League, not that bad.

You can't be serious... Coming from the very first team built by a russian bilionnaire...

And FPF is not a law... it's only a rule that apply to uefa competition... And it might be illegal according to european law (it's beeing currently discused in European court). So get a hold of yourself, it's embarassing...

As for our players, yes Zlatan is getting old... but we actually didn't need him to tie you 2-2 10v11 on wednesday... Cavani isn't that good in French L1, but he scored 6 goals this year in Champion's League. How many for Diego Costa???

The only 2 players I would take from your team are Hazard and Courtois. To be honest, if it wasn't for Courtois, we would have won 4 or 5-1 in the first leg... And I wouldn't be proud to call Luiz "our reject". He's the one who won the game for you last year against us, and he was just awesome last wednesday...

In addition, don't talk about fatigue... You guys got out of the cup after loosing to somme 5th division team so that you could have a full week of rest before the 1st game. You also got a full week before the second one. We are still playing 4 competitions, and we play every 3 or 4 days since January!

We won because our player wanted to win more thant yours, that's it. Both team have amazing assets, but this year you lacked fighting spirit, which is odd considering how strong Chelsea used to be on that point over the last decade.

The fact you guys are coming to a Chelsea fan forum 3 days after the game to attempt to talk up your team speaks volumes about what a small team you guys are. When Chelsea win a big game we talk about it amongst ourselves then move onto the next one hrs later... All of you are similar to the to a guy with a small dick who buys a big fancy car to compensate for what you don't have between your legs.

You guys won, finally, congratulations! You're entire club have celebrated it like you won the cup, I expected to see your owner to hand out medals the way you guys carried on.... We've won it already! You guys haven't even been to a finals! Get there first, better yet get past a Q-finals then start talking. The truth of the matter is you guys needed this a lot more than we did because your confidence is so low, you spend and spend and spend and all you have to show for it is a couple of q-finals and a couple ligue 1 titles(A league that no one cares about or watches) and a sanctioning.

Honestly, no sarcasm involved here, good luck! After the Souleymane S fiasco we didn't deserve to beat you guys, much like last year when your fans were throwing and spitting on disabled fans. The football Gods have spoken, you guys are the victors, now move on! Not just from this discussion group or with your lives but also in the Cup! get past a Q-finals for once.

We're still carefree because we are one of the elite clubs in the world. You guy have so much to do to be considered one of us.

PSG fans can celebrate now, but no one will remember that a month from now when they will get kicked out of the CL.

We will (probably) lift the title at May, our second trophy of the season. PSG are losing the title with the biggest budget in France.

Just a couple of points - no intention I had to come and celebrate because we won - i was actually going and leaving messages last year. Last year we didn't deserve to win, as Chelsea was just better. Each time our team wins or lose swe all have various feelings. No intention as well to celebrate fooly as - as you said - we might be out in a month time.

My only point since the beginning (and look at my post) is I feel you underestimate our team and overestimate yours. It is not 2 games that by accident - I just don't think Chelsea has the level when I look at one by one player or the team all together.

PSG had shitty teams all across years 2000 and I can tell I was not saying they were good. Chelsea has a great team but so far from the Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Ivanovic...from that time.

Will not post again but happy to have rational discussions !

PSG fans can celebrate now, but no one will remember that a month from now when they will get kicked out of the CL.

We will (probably) lift the title at May, our second trophy of the season. PSG are losing the title with the biggest budget in France.

You're Harsh xD

We already won a trophy this season (trophée des champion... ok its a 4th class trophy but still! ) we are in final for the ligue cup, in semi final for the French cup, we are second, one point away from Lyon, in French L1 and we are in Quarter Final in CL... Not that bad isn't it?

Maybe we'll end up losing everything, maybe we won't, but at least we try to win every game.

As for Chelsea, I never ever disrespected your team. I was there last year, before and after both game. I said back then that you guys were better than us. But this year you were not. The margin if thin, but we are ahead. You have great player, and you'll probably win the BPL (I hope so...) but having a great team is not only about having great players. You guys should know that more than anyone. In 2012 your win in CL was amasing, and you won because you're team was greater than its player. Drogba's fighting spirit was astonishing!

Somehow this year it was different. I have great respect for Mourinho, I loved him during his first time at Chelsea and at inter milan, but his time at Real Madrid may have changed him. And not in a good way.

The fact that we endure a French raid tell me a one thing - that we're considered a really top side, ELITE, in the footballing world right now. I'm talking about prestige and all that stuff. Everyone during those 12 years should be thanked. The corner is turned.

They losing the league title is their problem.

But the fact they managed to play much better than us in both leg, that is our problem.

And the problem isnt just because player perform poorly

The big problem is mourinho didnt understand the real problem is also because his appoach and tactic in big games.

In interviewed he only focused about player losing concentration, setpiece and defensive error..

He look like didnt realise yet what the real problem is

And with that mou will using the similiar approach again and again in another big match

Costa is one of the players that is off form. Like chelsea legend said he's a proven goalscorer in the spanish league and in the PL. He IS a worldclass striker (poacher) but he's just off form.

Hazard just a regular player ? :lol: Don't be ridiculous. Your club has been after him since forever and he's repeatedly turned you guys down.

Sounds to me like you're just bitter that he slammed the door in your faces once and for all by saying he'll never play for another French team besides Lille.

Seems like you guys finally took the hint(s) after Hazard stated for the 1000th time that he didn't want to go to your team. ^_^

My club has been after almost single good player in Europe. And when it comes to recruitment, you should not trust guys willing to pay 50m€ for David Luiz (still a mistake for me, especially with FFP). And believe me, I do not want him playing for PSG. This is a subjective judgement, but I do not like his way to be and his arrogance.

And can you name a great performance he did in big UCL games (besides scoring penalties)? He is a very very good player, but not a world class player yet (he will certainly be in a few years). In his defense, it is pretty hard to show you are a world class offensive player when you're being coached by Mourinho.

If we played the way we did in the beginning of the season we would have beaten you and gone through to the next round. atm we just have too many players that are off form.

But even in September, you were not able to beat the 10 men of Man City. You're a super team when it comes to smaller teams, no sarcasm, this what it takes to win the title. But you have been having more and more troubles against great teams.

Golden age might be over but the PL is still one of the best leagues in the world. It's still the most competitive and most physical league out there for me.

You are right but PL is getting more and more competitive because teams from the big 4/5 are no longer as good as they used to be and now have harder time to beat the likes of Tottenham, Everton or Southampton.

The truth of the matter is you guys needed this a lot more than we did because your confidence is so low, you spend and spend and spend and all you have to show for it is a couple of q-finals and a couple ligue 1 titles(A league that no one cares about or watches) and a sanctioning.

Because you gyus did not spend a single penny? You had so many failures with transfers ... Crespo, Veron, Kezman, Sheva, Torres, Ferreira, Wright-Phillips, Tiago, Quaresma, Del Horno, Deco, Maniche ...Not to mention how great you did with Matic: sold £5m, then bought £21m. So please stop your BS story "whe have a proper team that we almost did not spend money for ...". All those missed transfers are all it took you to pick other great players.

The fact you guys are coming to a Chelsea fan forum 3 days after the game to attempt to talk up your team speaks volumes about what a small team you guys are. When Chelsea win a big game we talk about it amongst ourselves then move onto the next one hrs later... All of you are similar to the to a guy with a small dick who buys a big fancy car to compensate for what you don't have between your legs.

You guys won, finally, congratulations! You're entire club have celebrated it like you won the cup, I expected to see your owner to hand out medals the way you guys carried on.... We've won it already!

Wow, now your point is "you celebrated much more than we did so we are better". Impressive. Just as a reminder, looks like the celebration intensity did not matter to you when Mourinho crossed the pitch to congratulate Ba. And you also come up with personal attacks, which just shows how much you have to tell about football ... I can give you the contact of my 11 years-old psg fan cousin, you guys could have a great debate together.

Anyway good luck to all the other chelsea fans who really talk about football, see you maybe next year !

You also have to take into consideration the majority of PSG' team consists of players in their prime or older with plenty of big game experience.

Sirigu (28) ; Marquinhos (20), Thiago Silva (30), David Luiz (27), Maxwell (33); Verratti (22), Thiago Motta (32), Matuidi (27); Pastore (25); Cavani (28), Ibrahimovic (33),

It's hard to judge PSG though, they looked real good against Chelsea (in both legs) but in the league they haven't been great... i dont care how well the likes of Lyon and Marseille have been this season, with the squad PSG have they should be running away with it.

And you also come up with personal attacks, which just shows how much you have to tell about football ... I can give you the contact of my 11 years-old psg fan cousin, you guys could have a great debate together.

Anyway good luck to all the other chelsea fans who really talk about football, see you maybe next year !

So let me get this clear.. You and some other psg fans (which are real and which are trolls idk) come HERE for 3 days in a row now and talk how much our team is overrated, how only 2 players of our squad are good enough to be in your team and how your whole team can replace ours except for 2 players.

Let's say some other team's fans come to your forum (you have a forum, right?) and talk shit about your team. How would you react?

This is a Chelsea's supporters forum. Here we are one-sided. We are not netrual fans where you can easily come here and say how bad we are. Of course, we are gonna defend our clubI That's what supporters do! I suppose you're gonna do the same if this happens in your forum.

So after all I said you can easily see where the problem is. If you can't, then you have some problems, mate.