Chelsea 2-2 PSG

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Sigh, mods can't ban or suspend people never have been and never will be able to. The admins were offline. I could have warned him and told him to stop but I sincerely doubt that would have changed anything. If only you'd pull an Arsenal Fabregas, leave and never return. :)

News to me! never knew that...

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I can't write about your players or your coach, what am I allowed to write about?

I've read a few posts on the thread and most of you are quite realistic and cIear-headed saying that Paris deserved to win. Now, I was a big fan of Mourinho but I just think his management has changed and I wanted to have your opinion about it regarding his poor performance yesterday vs Laurent Blanc who is an average coach.

Honestly, I was very pessimistic before the game, I really thought we had no chance to go through and after the red card for Ibra (which did not change much in the end so transparent he was), I was waiting for a change in your team but nothing happened. He didn't react at all and it doesn't look like him.

Was very strange indeed. But we're over it here... We won the European cup already, haven't been sanctioned by UEFA for overspending and are winning the best league in the world by 5pts with a game in hand. Carefree, good luck in the next round.

So if I can't write about your players or your coach, what am I allowed to write about?

You can provide almost any football opinion you want, but "bitchest" is not a valid language to use on this forum, especially by a visiting opposition fan.

I've read a few posts on the thread and most of you are quite realistic and cIear-headed saying that Paris deserved to win. Now, I was a big fan of Mourinho but I just think his management has changed and I wanted to have your opinion about it regarding his poor performance yesterday vs Laurent Blanc who is an average coach.

Honestly, I was very pessimistic before the game, I really thought we had no chance to go through and after the red card for Ibra (which did not change much in the end so transparent he was), I was waiting for a change in your team but nothing happened. He didn't react at all and it doesn't look like him.

Keep up the balanced opinions. On Mou: the taste of the pudding is in the eating. We will see how good/bad he was for Chelsea in the long run.

I think in your response you are slowly coming around to what I say, because you are far more diplomatic than the original post I questioned. You can write about our players and coach but you came here with a swagger which would of made members here very annoyed, especially the wording you used.

I over see a lot of things around this forum, like a lot of other staff members, and one thing I won't allow is people coming onto our forum and inciting a reaction from long standing members and derailing things.

Stay civil, it's not hard. That's it's from me, this is derailing an already tedious thread, now please play nice and respect others please.

Never mind what he says.

But I don't like one day users.

If at least he was a Lyon supporter to wish Chelsea good luck !

I mean I am myself member to forums and I don't take part. But in those cases it's a shelved interest of some kind that makes me become a member. Like racingtwits the one I liked very much and never found time to make posts. I never sub for one day to harangue and then go away.

Why that?

I'm not aggressive at all, am I? Jut want to debrief the game with you and get your feelings...

You have just demonstrated why the rest of the French nation DETEST Paris and their inhabitants.. From a Montpelier supporter who lived in Languedoc

The press journalists compete now who will write the best anti-Chelsea article.

They don't even care what happened yesterday and how, the idea is "write whatever takes the peoples fancy".
The anti-Mourinho bias is evident and their game deserves to be called.

It's just like a bit of Goebbels propaganda from old.

Mourinho failed

But it was 3-3 last year and 3-3 this year, with the away goal going the other way. Can Mourinho be a hero against PSG in 2013-14 and a fail in 2014-15 ? The truth is they lost their good chances -through Cavani- then but this time they did n't.

Mourinho parked the bus

In fact they dominated for 12 minutes out of the total of 120. Granted that 6 out of those 12 minutes proved crucial, this is not parking the bus, whether one thinks Mourinho should have employed some different tactics or not.

PSG are like Bradford-Maribor-Apollo Limassol

They should n't-would n't be able to cross the centre circle. Not on English soil ! Never !
But Mourinho -again- allowed them to do so !

Diego Costa can't do it anymore

So, alright. This player should be playing in Abu Dabi or Indonesian team.

Now that the dust has settled, the blatant anti Chelsea bias has to be exposed.

Away goals rule should be scrapped for extra time. Unfair one team gets 30 more minutes to score that killer goal.

yeah but then it s also unfair to have extra time at home.

yeah but then it s also unfair to have extra time at home.

Could have gone either way on account of that.

The rule was introduced in 1964 I believe, to make European programs less congested (before that there was third match in neutral country). Also to make football tactics less defensive.

With the new rules of 1991 -no back pass to the keeper- maybe it's no longer that useful, but if scrapped then they will have to play more matches.

As it happens scoring away has become crucial.

Back in the sixties-seventies if you won 1-0, 2-0 even 3-1 at home and if you were n't the better side on paper, the bookies expected you to go out (lose 3-0, 4-0). In 1976 AEK Athens beat Derby County 2-0 in Athens. Everyone was positive Derby were going to respond with a 3-0, 4-0 victory. Did n't happen, AEK won 3-2 again but that was how they measured things those days.

I don't really like the away goals rule. It's coin toss.

I am a PSG fan and obviously really happy of the outcome of the game. I am just surprised about the comments that I am seeing and reading. I think with another manager than Mourinho we would have won much more largely. All Mourinho plans (press conference before the game that pushed the referee to send off Ibra, babies reaction, diego costa attitude...) worked until the 115th Minut. But with more precision we should have won earlier and easier...Mourinho kept your hope.

We didn't win only because we were brave and wanted to win more. We are just a better team.

There are 2 players in the Chelsea team that would be playing in PSG side : Courtois and Hazard. All our players except SIrigu and Cavani would be playing in your squad Marquinhos, Luiz, Silva, Pastore, Maxwell, Verrati, Motta, Matuidi, Ibra...without mentioning Moura who was injured.

I - objectively - would not say the same for Bayern, Barca or Real Madrid

We just have a better team - you tried with your weapons - it just didnt work that time.

Wishing you all the best for the league and see you next year, may be!

Mourinhos negative attitude lost us this tie imo.

Didnt push his players to play positive and let the game and gameplan drag on hoping that we scrape through. We have done this many times in the Pl going 1-0 and then scraping through.

We are deservedly out as we are not positive enough to deserve to go far amongst the elite

I am a PSG fan and obviously really happy of the outcome of the game. I am just surprised about the comments that I am seeing and reading. I think with another manager than Mourinho we would have won much more largely. All Mourinho plans (press conference before the game that pushed the referee to send off Ibra, babies reaction, diego costa attitude...) worked until the 115th Minut. But with more precision we should have won earlier and easier...Mourinho kept your hope.

We didn't win only because we were brave and wanted to win more. We are just a better team.

There are 2 players in the Chelsea team that would be playing in PSG side : Courtois and Hazard. All our players except SIrigu and Cavani would be playing in your squad Marquinhos, Luiz, Silva, Pastore, Maxwell, Verrati, Motta, Matuidi, Ibra...without mentioning Moura who was injured.

We just have a better team - you tried with your weapons - it just didnt work that time.

An Englishman from London who supports PSG? How did that happen? :)

You are very confident about PSG, probably too confident. You have won this time but it doesn't mean you are obviously better. We've been achieving fantastic results for years in Europe while it's PSG's first notable moment in the Champions League. Let's see if PSG can handle Real Madrid, Barca or Bayern.

I agree, you deserved to win this time but saying PSG is obviously a better team is a little brave...

Thanks for your normal comment,

I think Courtois, Azpi, Matic, Hazard would easily get in to your team. We also have Filipe Luis (benched) who is better than Maxwell. A young Terry would be the best defender of our teams. Cesc is more consistent than Pastore. Costa and Zlatan are about equal at the moment due to his age. David Luiz made too many mistakes here, that's why he was replaced, our Zouma is already better than him and fits your style of play. We only miss David's spirit in big games.

Courtois

Azpi Zouma/Marquinhos T.Silva Filipe

Pastore/Cesc Matic Matuidi

Lucas Zlatan/Costa Hazard

As Chelsea fans obviously we are disappointed to not beat 10 man at home, but some overreacted here. We already won the league cup and have the league title to play for, with 5 points more than the no2. If we win the league this season would've been a fantastic season.

Good luck too with the CL and ligue 1.