Chelsea 2-2 PSG

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Mourinhos negative attitude lost us this tie imo.

Didnt push his players to play positive and let the game and gameplan drag on hoping that we scrape through. We have done this many times in the Pl going 1-0 and then scraping through.

We are deservedly out as we are not positive enough to deserve to go far amongst the elite

These are endless arguments.

Somebody said to Alf Ramsey once after England had played Scotland "did you watch Charlie Cook, that Chelsea player nearly won them the match", to which Ramsey replied "no, he lost the match for them" - because England had won 1-0.

It can be argued that the placid Mourinho system worked, and we went ahead by 1-0. Major fly in the ointment was the Cavani open goal chance we allowed before that.

But they equalized.

Same story -action replay- in extra time. 2-1, almost 3-1 then 2-2 !

Given the 1-0 and the 2-1 it's not as if we were left with so much time to increase the score.

Of course I 'm against this system because it was bad in other occasions too, namely Everton and Burnley.

But can you tell for certain that if we had gone 1-0 up after say 39 minutes rather than 81, we were going to do better in the end ?

All in all I fail to understand the lamentations when last year we had a 3-3 aggregate result again against the same team and when in fact they rank well in Europe, at this level (we can't take it away from them).

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys many of you said that Mourinho s tactics worked til minute 115. C'mon you can't say that, the result counts in the end and as we all

know his tactics didn't work out in the end. We played far too defensiv against a 10 men side.

well guys many of you said that Mourinho s tactics worked til minute 115. C'mon you can't say that, the result counts in the end and as we all

know his tactics didn't work out in the end. We played far too defensiv against a 10 men side.

You -for the sake of argument- want Chelsea to beat PSG ?

So what tactics would you adopt ?

And you don't have Didier Drogba at the age of 26, you have the present crop of Mourinho's players.

The anti-Mourinho talk is gone too far.

You wanted us to score in the first half ? So did I and ok suppose we did. Does that finish you off and therefore it was Mourinho's fault ?

The truth is you were lucky.

An Englishman from London who supports PSG? How did that happen? :)

You are very confident about PSG, probably too confident. You have won this time but it doesn't mean you are obviously better. We've been achieving fantastic results for years in Europe while it's PSG's first notable moment in the Champions League. Let's see if PSG can handle Real Madrid, Barca or Bayern.

I agree, you deserved to win this time but saying PSG is obviously a better team is a little brave...

Probably a mistake in my registration - am french based in ... Indonesia :) and long term Paris supporter. Totally agree we are still far from Real / Barca / Bayern and from POV they are stronger than us - but not Chelsea.

Agree that you had / have good teams in the past but at this moment now I really think objectively that we have a better team. Look how the ball was going from feet to feet - you need solid technicals skills to achieve that. Drogba / Remy (far from being in my heart as former Marseille players) being your options once Diego Costa (who is definitely not Aguero / Suarez or Rooney -)) that is not great...

Thanks for your normal comment,

I think Courtois, Azpi, Matic, Hazard would easily get in to your team. We also have Filipe Luis (benched) who is better than Maxwell. A young Terry would be the best defender of our teams. Cesc is more consistent than Pastore. Costa and Zlatan are about equal at the moment due to his age. David Luiz made too many mistakes here, that's why he was replaced, our Zouma is already better than him and fits your style of play. We only miss David's spirit in big games.

Courtois

Azpi Zouma/Marquinhos T.Silva Filipe

Pastore/Cesc Matic Matuidi

Lucas Zlatan/Costa Hazard

As Chelsea fans obviously we are disappointed to not beat 10 man at home, but some overreacted here. We already won the league cup and have the league title to play for, with 5 points more than the no2. If we win the league this season would've been a fantastic season.

Good luck too with the CL and ligue 1.

I don't know about Luis souvenir at Chelsea but look what he's doing for us. Zouma - come on ... that guy has high potential but he is a kid and was in Saint Etienne last year...he will need a few years to gain experience. The time it will take for Zouma to qualify you in big games ...

Overall I think the moreI can go is that we are equal and in the game we have seen. Players bought with Russian money are as good than the one bought with Qatari :)- paris played and should have been qualified way easier. I see much more future in existing Paris players. But might be wrong.

Plus in your team, you're forgetting the best player of the 2 games : Marco Verrati. That player is incredible. Hopefully we can keep him.

I don't know about Luis souvenir at Chelsea but look what he's doing for us. Zouma - come on ... that guy has high potential but he is a kid and was in Saint Etienne last year...he will need a few years to gain experience. The time it will take for Zouma to qualify you in big games ...

Overall I think the moreI can go is that we are equal and in the game we have seen. Players bought with Russian money are as good than the one bought with Qatari :)- paris played and should have been qualified way easier. I see much more future in existing Paris players. But might be wrong.

Plus in your team, you're forgetting the best player of the 2 games : Marco Verrati. That player is incredible. Hopefully we can keep him.

Yeah normally I'd say JT instead of Zouma, but don't think the current JT fits in your system.

And about Verrati, he should've received 2 red cards in the first leg, and 1 in the second leg. All he did was kicking our players, he's indeed a very talented player with great future.

But if you need to choose a player with a killer pass, would you rather have Pastore of Verrati?

Yeah normally I'd say JT instead of Zouma, but don't think the current JT fits in your system.

And about Verrati, he should've received 2 red cards in the first leg, and 1 in the second leg. All he did was kicking our players, he's indeed a very talented player with great future.

But if you need to choose a player with a killer pass, would you rather have Pastore of Verrati?

I think these are 2 different players - Verrati being more defensive. Would associate them 2 with Matuidi and Motta and build the PSG midfield :).

Look at their stats - usually that talks.

Pastore is a really frustrating genius. Can do amazing things and one minute after he misses the easiest. Verrati is the best player I have seen at PSG since ...Arteta at his age / position. I ll hope he'll have a better career. Yes he has a big character but he is 21 and he would be playing in all the squads of all the world. Real / Barca are pushing to have him and is already estimated at 80 ME. Our qatari dollars will help hopefully to keep him!

Regarding the referee - agree that Verrati was close to the red, Honestly I think the referee has been totally weak for the second leg for both parts (Ibra didnt deserve to be sent off, Verrati has been complaining, luiz against costa, penalty on Diego Costa was clear, Diego Costa should have been sent off too, Matic potentially...) - I just think the best team won. Arrogantly and in a parisian manner :)

More surprising than the result today is the fact that this Ici Ci Paris Prick hasn't been banned yet.

Are the mods pulling a Fabregas? Where are you guys?

Sorry, I forgot we got paid to be on here 24 hours a day, cycling through every piece of dirge that's posted when we don't a game :lol: It was posted in the dead of night, I'll tell you where I was - in bed!

Sorry, I forgot we got paid to be on here 24 hours a day, cycling through every piece of dirge that's posted when we don't a game :lol: It was posted in the dead of night, I'll tell you where I was - in bed!

I also chose to go to bed this night too......I slept like a baby whilst people were posting by banging their fists on the keyboard and bumping threads of bringing old players back :lol:

I also chose to go to bed this night too......I slept like a baby whilst people were posting by banging their fists on the keyboard and bumping threads of bringing old players back :lol:

Like a baby? Has Zlatan been slagging the Mods off as well, Mark?!

There were mods online, though. Think that caused Chelsea Legend 11's confusion.