Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, PL games are way more interesting for me than CL, it's like this competition got so repulsive, couldn't give a shit about the Cahill goal, the Hazard goal or the goals we conceded. It's the same every season, PSG again, two games home an away... maybe it's just me but the format is getting boring. And since we won it than who cares. I didn't think we'll win it this season or get to the final, the performance was the only thing that's really sucks for me, the team didn't fight and didn't give a shit (like me).

I don't know, PL games are way more interesting for me than CL, it's like this competition got so repulsive, couldn't give a shit about the Cahill goal, the Hazard goal or the goals we conceded. It's the same every season, PSG again, two games home an away... maybe it's just me but the format is getting boring. And since we won it than who cares. I didn't think we'll win it this season or get to the final, the performance was the only thing that's really sucks for me, the team didn't fight and didn't give a shit (like me).

And your solution is... to continue not giving a f**k?

My 2 cents:

Really really disappointed to go out in those circumstances. I am a fan of Mourinho but he got his tactics completely wrong last night. Essentially playing for a 0-0 at home against 10 men, I cannot accept that. I am happy for us to be defensive and play tight away from home in the first leg, but against 10 men at home for 60 minutes, just go and win the game!! At least try!! It seems Mou does not have this domination tactic in his locker. We can counter well but struggle when we need to take the initiative. We must change that or we'll never be an elite team. Even when we attacked we looked completely sterile as has been the case alot recently.

For those tactics alone, we deserved to go out. PSG were excellent, you would not know they had 10 men and they thoroughly deserved to go through.

We had a favourable ref decision or two, 11vs10, 1-0 up, 2-1 up and still could not go through. A deserved and slightly humiliating exit.

We really need to beat Southampton now and go and win this league now....

Krap. Only watched the first half.

Can someone please tell me how we conceded 2 goals against 10 men??? Who's fault was it? Even worse, both were from corners.

Ridiculous.

I don't like David Luiz anymore.

*Deep Sigh*

Absolutely fucking gutted, nothing short of a terrible night and a terrible, terrible performance from us. We looked liked we had ten men and not them, the desire and fight wasn't even evident and the players deserve a massive kick up the arse for that last night. Now I class myself as quite a positive poster around these parts but I am sorry, I cannot be positive about that last night, it was shocking.

As french i am supporting french teams in CL and i have to say this game had crazy events. I was with other fellows actually thinking the result of the first leg was better for PSG than people were expecting. If we try to analys the story with cold mind i have to say tactical moves didn't change anything in the results. I explain myself:

1/ It was obvious PSG was struggling to have opportunities to score even before Zlatan got dismissed (unfairly?). Chelsea was pressuring well and both teams were blocked. The red card changed everything. PSG already went through such a situation in the classic against Marseille and won at 10, showing incredible fighting spirit. It was really obvious after the red card Chelsea would park the bus again and wait for the minutes to fly. That was the first event that changed the game. I'm not so sure with a useless Zlatan, PSG would have been able to score.

2/The first goal of Chelsea wasn't changing so much the PSG state of mind, they needed to score anyway. In the opposite Chelsea was defending even more down, giving opportunities for PSG to come back. DL punished you for playing that move as you should have try to score a second goal to secure the result., or at least to keep the ball.

3/The second goal of Chelsea was even worst, cause before that PSG thought waiting to go through the lotery of shoot-out would be their best chance to win. They were put in the situation where they had to score again but this time a goal would qualify them.

All this to say that despite the tactics, despite the level of players, this game was only about mental aptitude and being in the position of the team who needs to score, with only 10 players, in a second leg away against the same team that the players lost against last year. For sure Chelsea didn't show much in both games but the events of the game made the whole difference between both teams, which i think are pretty much at the same level.

I wish you good luck in BPL

*Deep Sigh*

Absolutely fucking gutted, nothing short of a terrible night and a terrible, terrible performance from us. We looked liked we had ten men and not them, the desire and fight wasn't even evident and the players deserve a massive kick up the arse for that last night. Now I class myself as quite a positive poster around these parts but I am sorry, I cannot be positive about that last night, it was shocking.

While I agree with the sentiment, I am not sure the players are to blame. Do you not think it was more a case of Mourinhos tactics dictating a somewhat stand-offish performance (ie being defensive against 10 men at home) rather than getting in about them?

While I agree with the sentiment, I am not sure the players are to blame. Do you not think it was more a case of Mourinhos tactics dictating a somewhat stand-offish performance (ie being defensive against 10 men at home) rather than getting in about them?

All to blame, Mourinho, players and the mind set.

As french i am supporting french teams in CL and i have to say this game had crazy events. I was with other fellows actually thinking the result of the first leg was better for PSG than people were expecting. If we try to analys the story with cold mind i have to say tactical moves didn't change anything in the results. I explain myself:

1/ It was obvious PSG was struggling to have opportunities to score even before Zlatan got dismissed (unfairly?). Chelsea was pressuring well and both teams were blocked. The red card changed everything. PSG already went through such a situation in the classic against Marseille and won at 10, showing incredible fighting spirit. It was really obvious after the red card Chelsea would park the bus again and wait for the minutes to fly. That was the first event that changed the game. I'm not so sure with a useless Zlatan, PSG would have been able to score.

2/The first goal of Chelsea wasn't changing so much the PSG state of mind, they needed to score anyway. In the opposite Chelsea was defending even more down, giving opportunities for PSG to come back. DL punished you for playing that move as you should have try to score a second goal to secure the result., or at least to keep the ball.

3/The second goal of Chelsea was even worst, cause before that PSG thought waiting to go through the lotery of shoot-out would be their best chance to win. They were put in the situation where they had to score again but this time a goal would qualify them.

All this to say that despite the tactics, despite the level of players, this game was only about mental aptitude and being in the position of the team who needs to score, with only 10 players, in a second leg away against the same team that the players lost against last year. For sure Chelsea didn't show much in both games but the events of the game made the whole difference between both teams, which i think are pretty much at the same level.

I wish you good luck in BPL

I agree wth all of this, but it only came about because Mourinho played with fire rather than trying to put the game to bed. It's not the first or last time we'll be punished for those tactics, but certainly is the highest profile example recently.

The way the press are reporting us surrounding the ref is doing my head in. Its a moot point as he already had out the red card anyway, and I believe they legitimately thought they all saw a red card incident. I don't think its that out of the ordinary a reaction. I've seen plenty of teams do it, but we're being called out as being 'disgraceful' and 'showing the ugly side'. Its ridiculous.

That doesn't take from the fact that we deserved to lose though.

And Hazard was definitely not the MOTM. Had some awful passes.

I agree wth all of this, but it only came about because Mourinho played with fire rather than trying to put the game to bed. It's not the first or last time we'll be punished for those tactics, but certainly is the highest profile example recently.

When Zouma entered the pitch i agree with you that Mou was parking the bus. But i'm really not sure it was Mourinho's tactics to defend the whole game as during the first 20 minutes Chelsea was actually pressing pretty high and was doing well in blocking PSG without putting themself in danger. I think Mou didn't chose to park the bus before the goal of Eden and that the coward attitude of Chelsea's player came from the events of the game.

fuck sake..

I was soo ill last night and t was all abot of a haze...

I lept falling asleep throghout the game.

Did we really lose in that fashion??

Tell me its a lie.. Please somebody tell me we didnt lost to a 10 man PsG side with an arrogant Luiz rubbing our faces in it??

Please

We laugh at Real Madrid fans but in reality we're a carbon copy of them.

Fickleness everywhere.

Come on, we should have won 10-0 to a side that defended great with 10 men. Don't you understand. Sick that actually so much less people get behind the team and give a proper opinion, rather that slating Mou and company, as if they didn't lose to a side with such good players, that cost as ours.

PSG were the toughest, what is this mentality, that we should have killed them, how? Ramires had to make final ball passes. What a joke. Oscar. Should be sold. Nowhere near Chelsea quality. He had nothing in the first half. Im sick of his dire shit performances. You can't tell me that that is a number 10. We couldn't break them up, they defended really well, hence why we were creatively 0.

When Zouma entered the pitch i agree with you that Mou was parking the bus. But i'm really not sure it was Mourinho's tactics to defend the whole game as during the first 20 minutes Chelsea was actually pressing pretty high and was doing well in blocking PSG without putting themself in danger. I think Mou didn't chose to park the bus before the goal of Eden and that the coward attitude of Chelsea's player came from the events of the game.

Yes, I think Mourinho played far too defensively, but only after the Ibra red. He only went for it after Luiz goal, then reverted to type after the penalty. We should have gone after a tired PSG to make it safe at 3-1.