Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been progress since last year.

Look:

2013-14 Average goals for = 1.86, average points = 2.16

2014-15 Average goals for = 2.11, average points = 2.33

and it's not our fault City are not doing well -till now- to give us stiff competition and Pool are in the doledrums.

In Europe it's a different story.

From what appears to be the consensus of opinion our strengths are limited and our best hope was a draw against Porto or (say) Juve who are considered weak at this stage of the tournament. Maybe Atletico too who are not the force they were last year.
We were eliminated by the narrowest of margins by a competent side.
They scored with two lucky headers but what about Kavani's open goal chance and the three Courtois saves ?
Nevertheless I still maintain we were attacking in unorthodox slow motion way and it's not as if we are short of strikers.

Credit were its due, PSG have been the better team over the 2 legs, Chelsea as a team has been sleep walking for 3 months now, and this result has been coming for months. What I just hope and pray is that we learn from our mistakes as a team. Even if we win the league I feel the team needs a clear out as well as adding quality depth for next year's champ league run. Lets hope the manager also learns from this and we come back a stronger team just like we did in the EPL

Fucking ballless clueless disgusting performance.

We should hang our heads in a shame.

Why iam i following this shit? Being up till 3 in the morning, waking up at 6 for work and cant get this shit out of my head.

Fucking pissed atm.

Same bro. 5 hours sleep to watch that BS and also put $80 on us to win.

Anger level x2 for me.

Fucking ballless clueless disgusting performance.

We should hang our heads in a shame.

Why iam i following this shit? Being up till 3 in the morning, waking up at 6 for work and cant get this shit out of my head.

Fucking pissed atm.

I have two shit in my head.

My Greek team out of the cup in exact fcucking carbon copy way (1-1 first leg then giveaway goal in the 89th minute - probable handball).

5 to 7 pm Greek tragedy then 7.45 to 9.45 Chelsea tragedy.

At least I did not make bets.

Ball is a prostituta.

All this "credit to PSG" and "can focus on the league" stuff is fair enough. But come on. This is not a one off. We have been shit for the whole of 2015. Mostly we have been getting results against bad teams but against the better ones we have had more luck than competence. PSG were shit today. But we were worse. But at least they fought for it, we never did so. We had luck, the ref on our side against a 10 man psg. We had one week and a fully rested squad. We had 3 match points. still we blew it all. The players were walking not even trying. Sure there have been bad performances by the players. Some have been consistenyl poor (Oscar, Cahill), average (Willian) or inconsistent (Ramires, Costa, most of the bunch actually),even Terry has once again made some epic blunders in big matches (CAvani and Silva's goals). But Mou has to take some of the blame too. Why try to park the bus when we are obviously shit at it? The players looked completely umotivated, it is Mou's job to pump them up. Also is waiting for Hazard to create something out of nothing or wait for a set piece really the way to go? where are the runs, the movements which create space for the magic of fab&hazard to combine into? Sure no player seems to have resumed their early season form, but the tactics should enable them to do so. At least Hazard is still trying. The very sad thing is, today, fixing only one of these obvious problems would have sufficed for us to progress.

After we were outplayed in the first leg and only managed 2 efforts on goal there were plenty of supporters who made excuses for Mourinho and his tactics. Now the same approach has seen us outplayed and outhought by a 10 man team at home.

I honestly can't believe he just stood there watching what was happening in the second half and allowed it to continue. The most damning thing is one of his own players had to go over and ask him mid-game what the hell was going on.

All this "credit to PSG" and "can focus on the league" stuff is fair enough. But come on. This is not a one off. We have been shit for the whole of 2015. Mostly we have been getting results against bad teams but against the better ones we have had more luck than competence. PSG were shit today. But we were worse. But at least they fought for it, we never did so. We had luck, the ref on our side against a 10 man psg. We had one week and a fully rested squad. We had 3 match points. still we blew it all. The players were walking not even trying. Sure there have been bad performances by the players. Some have been consistenyl poor (Oscar, Cahill), average (Willian) or inconsistent (Ramires, Costa, most of the bunch actually),even Terry has once again made some epic blunders in big matches (CAvani and Silva's goals). But Mou has to take some of the blame too. Why try to park the bus when we are obviously shit at it? The players looked completely umotivated, it is Mou's job to pump them up. Also is waiting for Hazard to create something out of nothing or wait for a set piece really the way to go? where are the runs, the movements which create space for the magic of fab&hazard to combine into? Sure no player seems to have resumed their early season form, but the tactics should enable them to do so. At least Hazard is still trying. The very sad thing is, today, fixing only one of these obvious problems would have sufficed for us to progress.

They were n't shit. Decent side, last year too.

The slow motion was -I think- because we were ahead most of the time (but only by one goal).

You are absolutely right that apart from "Hazard system" we seem to have no other weapon of attack. That's a big minus.

who should we replace mourihno with? :ph34r:

Klop maybe low with chelsea squad you should play good football. I would be happy if we played good football and eliminated than this. Mourinho thinks chelsea is west ham.

My all time favourite manager is Jene Chaknady German-Hungarian, managed teams up to circa 1975.

He made those ancient players run like motors and we saw football of the 2000s back in 1968.

Also very strict. If you were late for the training session you were sent home.

Mourinho isn't on the pitch is he, yes he could have done different subs, yes he could have gave a bollocking at half time but what more do you expect?

For starters, he is one who makes/designs the tactics.

It is him from whom the plan gets cascaded to the players. If he says play slow, u play slow ... Case and point: Costa being frustrated when he was wandering along with PSG on 10 men.

Negative tactics to the core.

No balls to take risk.

Can you imagine any top rated manager to be on the defensive when you have a man advantage and playing at home.

I expect him to have a solid and aggressive strategy ... we have been way too negative.

Rest my point here.

who should we replace mourihno with? :ph34r:

We just cannot!!!! The amount of chopping and changing we have done over the years, we wouldnt have any top rated manager come in...

All we can hope is the Jose learns from this mistake and stops being so freaking negative. With the kind of quality the team has the opposition should be peeing in their pants instead they end up fighting us out.

I dont understand why should Hazard be the MOTM a lot of us have voted for him, I dont think he did anything different ... Just dribbling, dribbling and more dribbling, there wasnt any outcome of it ... Towards the end PSG players started reading him out. He slowed down play by being on the ball too much, didnt take shots on goal when he could easily done ... And if everyone say he was trying, then Costa should get more votes ... he was trying more than anyone else without the ball.

I'm pissed to the core right now so my thoughts mite be overpowered by emotions ... so excuse me if I m wrong. But I m confused when so many us voted for Hazrd being the MOTM.