West Ham v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give rest for few players, either Ivanovic or Azpi, Terry and Willian. We need Luis to breakdown their defence IMO.

Costa

Hazard Cuadrado
Oscar
Ake Cesc
Luis Azpi
Cahill Zouma
Courtois
SUBS: Cech, Ivanovic, Loftus-Cheek, Ramires, Willian, Drogba, Remy

I'd give rest for few players, either Ivanovic or Azpi, Terry and Willian. We need Luis to breakdown their defence IMO.

Costa

Hazard Cuadrado
Oscar
Ake Cesc
Luis Azpi
Cahill Zouma
Courtois
SUBS: Cech, Ivanovic, Loftus-Cheek, Ramires, Willian, Drogba, Remy

Suicide defensively. If Terry's not playing then Cech and Ivanovic will both play and be the leadership. I'd like to see Ake play but tbh I can't see it happening. If anyone deserves a rest it'd be Eden, from now every PL game is important if we want the title, and we have a weeks' rest after this, so I can't see anyone being rested really... I can see another 4-3-3 but with Ake rather than Zouma being the DM

Chelsea team vs West Ham: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry ©, Azpilicueta; Zouma, Ramires, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard, Diego Costa. #CFC

Subs v West Ham: Cech, Filipe Luis, Loftus-Cheek, Cuadrado, Willian, Remy, Drogba. #CFC

Chelsea team vs West Ham: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry ©, Azpilicueta; Zouma, Ramires, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard, Diego Costa. #CFC

Subs v West Ham: Cech, Filipe Luis, Loftus-Cheek, Cuadrado, Willian, Remy, Drogba. #CFC

Good line up.. :dance:

Is Ake injured? Not on the bench but RLC is. Strong line-up I guess we have to get used to seeing Zouma in midfield whenever Matic (+Mikel) is unavailable. Would have hoped to see Filipe getting a start though.

Man. We'll be totally reliant on Hazard for width. Also means Iva will probably be bombing forward more and abandoning his post. I would've started Luis for Azpi.

Let us pray that Oscar shows up today.

Idd, Zouma in midfield is something I'm not too sure about but Jose is out of options so I can live with the choice.

Will Oscar play on the wing or will he play as a number 10? I guess he could be a number 10 if Ramires plays on the right at some point during the game.

I REALLY REALLY hope that West Ham are not going to 'park the bus', because our team looks like it will struggle enormously against such a tactic; we have no width whatsoever with which to attempt to stretch the play (one of Ramires or Oscar playing wide/no Luis). Hopefully I'm wrong; I'm off to a good start on that front with my line-up prediction :P.

Well, if we need some attacking threats we can always put on Willian/Cuadrado and take off Zouma or Oscar (depends on the formation we want to play)

I think it's okay to start the game this way to see how West Ham is going to play. It's easy to fix with a couple of substitutions.

What an absolutely shit line-up. You try to stay optimistic, but I can see us dropping some points today. Zouma in that position again? Ramires on the right? WTH is Jose smoking?

Id rather have Cech in midfield than play the Rami, Cesc pivot.

It's hard not too think that when that combo have shipped 4 in half an hours playing time.