Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear this quite a lot but I don't think the critics are being hypocritical. Sunderland are praised for successfully parking the bus because they are the underdogs against a much better and more expensively asssembled side. We are criticised for parking the bus because we often do it against teams assembled for less than ourselves such as Atletico and Liverpool last year. People will moan about Chelsea either way though, I do agree.

Yeah I know what you mean..Think I'm just talking about CL semi and the final..which we were clear underdogs in

Think guys are being way OTT here.

My thoughts are this: was totally frustrated by the end of the match at the way the game filtered out without any real energy put in. Sunderland were simply excellent, thoroughly deserved the draw. Sometimes in football, and I can tell you from playing myself, you come up against a weaker opponent and you just can't break them down for whatever reason. The 90 mins come and go and you just get onto the next game....

We have played both Manchester, liverpool and North East (as of next week) teams. We are clear at the top, and looking at other teams who are to be challenging - they all look quite poor tbh. I think we are in a great position.

One thing I'll say about today's game aswell though. Numerous times as we were taking a corner the ref would pull in and speak to one of their players....all that wrestling what is the rules?? because if they are followed we'd have had a good few penaltys today...

Yeah I know what you mean..Think I'm just talking about CL semi and the final..which we were clear underdogs in

In 2012? I agree because our squad was poor, the weakest it had been during the Abramovich era. In other games though like the CL SFs against Liverpool during Jose's first spell and Atletico last year, we were the favourites in both I believe, but we still set out only to defend. The criticism was understandable then IMO.

This picture shows perfectly what is wrong with football and refs nowadays, was the ref and linesmen fu***** blind or once again because it's was us, he 'honestly' saw nothing???

image.jpg

How the **** was that not a penalty??

Am i the only one that thinks we deserved a point? Sunderland are a very dangerous side at home and a lot better then people give them credit for. They did what every mid table side should be doing against the top sides, not letting them play their natural game. They used size, strength and numbers to frustrate our smaller attackers. Well played Gus.

This picture shows perfectly what is wrong with football and refs nowadays, was the ref and linesmen fu***** blind or once again because it's was us, he 'honestly' saw nothing???

image.jpg

How the **** was that not a penalty??

The ref saw something cause he blew the whistle against GC on that play <_<

What I will be pissed is that when Sunderland meet with City, they will go 'fully attack mode' and then lose 4-0 or 5-0.

I don't think they will go full attack tbh, Gus will be happy with the system tonite and will probably stick to it for games against the top teams, taking a point from these teams is like a win for them, can't see them going all out attack for three points when they'll probably just lose, just not going to happen :) Might be more attacking against the lower teams when they are six point games :)

I don't think they will go full attack tbh, Gus will be happy with the system tonite and will probably stick to it for games against the top teams, taking a point from these teams is like a win for them, can't see them going all out attack for three points when they'll probably just lose, just not going to happen :) Might be more attacking against the lower teams when they are six point games :)

hopefully they could do the same thing and taken points from City

Not a big deal. They sat back with 6 defenders all game, and then had the rest play a tight distance between the two lines. Hard for anyone to score. If we did, we would have bagged about 3 or 4.

On to the next one.

mourinho probably thought we could scrap through this. there should have been bits of rotation to keep the boys fresh. like remy, luis, salah

anyway, not sure why mourinho kept saying that we will win the lead etc. trying to motivate the boys? to me it seemed like we are inflicting pressure onto yourselves to sucess.

still i find it harder to chase a lead than to maintain the lead.

So Hazard and Willian should have pushed out wide, and let Oscar and Costa go against 5+ men in the middle? Okay.

Also funny to see how people are laughing at Sunderland being happy about a draw, wouldn't you? It seemed like mission impossible and they did it, fair play to them they deserved the draw.

Another brilliant argument.sunderland would have had 5+ men in the middle but while having hazard and willian free out wide? LOLOLOLOL. Its called stretching a defence. And if you think that wide players staying wide against a packed defence would not have helped in breaking down a defence, then I have nothing to say to you.