Florent Malouda

James

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pieces will fall into place. the club may not be willing to inform us as that would mean they would be informing the football world of their intentions but that is not to say that they don`t have something already in the pipe line.

you have more confidence than I do at the moment ...we need our new players in NOW not at the end of August

Malouda_2588059.jpg

Malouda planning Chelsea stay

Midfielder remains keen to extend his contract at Stamford Bridge

Florent Malouda expects to stay at Chelsea under new manager Andre Villas-Boas and has reiterated his eagerness to extend his contract.

The France international has made over 180 appearances for Chelseaspacer.gif since joining from Lyonspacer.gif in 2007 and is under contract for a further two seasons.

He enjoyed an impressive first half to last term at Stamford Bridge, but has been linked with a summer exit, with the likes of AC Milanspacer.gif and Romaspacer.gif rumoured to be interested.

However, the 31-year-old has again confirmed he is keen to extend his contract by a further year following the appointment of Villas-Boasspacer.gif as Carlo Ancelotti'sspacer.gif successor.

Maloudaspacer.gif says Villas-Boas had a hand in his arrival at Chelsea during Jose Mourinho'sspacer.gif reign as manager and is confident he is at the right club.

Ambition

"I have a contract that runs until 2013 in Chelsea," Malouda told France-Guyane newspaper.

"My career plan is to play at a high level until at least 2014. My ambition is to continue until 2014 in Chelsea.

"Since my arrival at Chelsea, I have had six coaches. At every transfer window we talk about my name.

"The coach was part of Jose Mourinho's staff and worked with him in my recruitment.

"This season I finished top scorer (for Chelsea) in the league, that means I'm getting better, it means perhaps also that I am in the right place."

Source: Sky Sports

Published: July 4, 2011

Link: http://www.skysports...7016927,00.html

And, for the record, this is how you're supposed to quote sources.

Why cant we offload these players? Honestly if come the first game of the season against Stoke nFlorent Malouda is our starting left winger then that will be one huge problem in the squad not addressed. And if we do sign a winger by then but keep Malouda then Florent will be the second choice winger and it means significantly less chances to impress for Gael Kakuta, who Id much rather see given a chance next season than Malouda.

Why cant we offload these players? Honestly if come the first game of the season against Stoke nFlorent Malouda is our starting left winger then that will be one huge problem in the squad not addressed. And if we do sign a winger by then but keep Malouda then Florent will be the second choice winger and it means significantly less chances to impress for Gael Kakuta, who Id much rather see given a chance next season than Malouda.

Yes, give Kakuta chance...Malouda should be benched...

Kakuta has had his chance at both Chelsea and Fulham. In the few games a younger player of his reputation has they should be trying all out to impress. If they don't impress, they don't start.

If a player doesn't start at there parent club, they complain and get loaned out to a inferior club in order for more starts. At this inferior club they should show that they have enough to get in the first team constantly and impress.

Gael Kakuta has not done that in the slightest.

To suggest that a player that can't even impress in an inferior team should start ahead of a player like Malouda is absolutely laughable. Fair enough Malouda was off form last season, but replacing him with a once promising player? Really?

5 starts and 11 sub appearances to show at least a little bit of promise. Not much to ask. He didn't provide!

Those sub appearances were laughable in terms of being a real chance. And as far as I'm concerned he did provide promise, probably more than most of the other U21s that tried to break into our first team in the last few years (McEachran included).

Won't argue with the rest of your previous post but I feel that's exactly the kind of attitude that will stop us from ever developing a true talent to its full potential.

Those sub appearances were laughable in terms of being a real chance. And as far as I'm concerned he did provide promise, probably more than most of the other U21 that tried to break into our first team in the last few years (McEachran included).

Won't argue with the rest of your previous post but I feel that's exactly the kind of attitude that will stop us from ever developing a true talent to its full potential.

I've said it before and I'm certain I'll say it again. We over rate our youth far to much. If they are good enough they will play à la Josh McEachran.

We certainly do, probably to the extent most football fans overrate their own youth players. I usually have no problem pointing that out when we do.

However there's a far cry between not overrating your young players and claiming they were given chances when they weren't (FFS I remember someone saying in one of the Sturridge threads during the season that he failed at Chelsea while Carletto did all he could in terms of playing him) and trashing them for not performing up to the standards Messi set for 19 year old players.

Being a Kakuta fan I can't be a neutral judge but I'd argue that his performances in the European U19 Championship and him winning the Golder Player award does earn him more chances than a 4 month loan at Fulham, which wasn't an outright failure to begin with.

We certainly do, probably to the extent most football fans overrate their own youth players. I usually have no problem pointing that out when we do.

However there's a big distance between not overrating your young players and claiming they were given chances when they weren't (FFS I remember someone saying in one of the Sturridge threads during the season that he failed at Chelsea while Carletto did all he could in terms of playing him) and trashing them for not performing up to the standards Messi set for 19 year old players.

Being a Kakuta fan I can't be a neutral judge but I'd argue that his performances in the European U19 Championship and him winning the Golder player award does earn him more chances than a 4 month loan at Fulham, which wasn't an outright failure to begin with.

I understand where you're coming from and he could still become a good player, but to suggest he should replace Malouda really is silly.

I dont think it's silly in the slightest. It's rather logical considering our owner has taken a stance to develop the youth. Not to be offensive, but judging from your posts you are far too simplistic in your short term expectations. Part of it is sound tho, he hasn't shown to be the next best thing in football. That, however, doesnt rule him out of replacing a player (who IMO takes far too much criticism) in Malouda. I think it's a good call to have him replace him, as it looks malouda will remain, considering he got re signed this summer. I think it falls in line with the clubs youth philosophy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You