• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtois

Iva Cahill Terry Luis

Ramires matic Fabregas

Willian hazard Schurrle

Ramires and willian will hold the right flank down. Hazard to play centrally, put less defensive responsibility on him, especially with essentially a 5 man mid behind him. Schurrle there for penetrative runs and extra direct threat, but if not play Oscar on the right and willian left. Both flanks will be shut down! So much pace in the team as well.

Definitely won't happen though ;)

We don't want a repeat of our last vist at OT. We have to start with a CF, IMO.

Problem is, none of our 3 senior strikers are 100% fit and 2 of them might miss out all together with injury. We might not have a choice but to play Schurrle as a striker.

Problem is, none of our 3 senior strikers are 100% fit and 2 of them might miss out all together with injury. We might not have a choice but to play Schurrle as a striker.

True, but I think it would better to start Drogba, and possibly change things later on in the match.

A few quotes:

I think we need to have someone taking Matic out of the game, to have any chance of getting anything out of it. The guy has been one of the best CDMs (since Makelele) for Chelsea, and we need to have one of our lads acting as a decoy for him to chase to open up spaces.
I'd rather Mata over Fellaini to be that decoy, since he doesn't tend to help out defensively anyways.
You've got the wrong midfielder, we stop Fabregas getting on the ball and we take a good deal of Chelsea's threat away from them.
Ideally we need to stop both. Fellaini as a 10 on Fabregas, and Carrick and Blind shield back 4/but also keep Matic at bay. Valencia and Rafael together on Hazard and I think we'll be fine.
It feels great to have a genuinely quality midfield. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cesc and Eden--the 2 most obvious sources of creativity--marked, but it would open spaces for Matic and Oscar. They can do some damage too.

Fav from their form I honestly think this is our best option, ample protection and ability to hit them on pace with the counter. Hopefully Luis is not yet adjusted to the game and we can catch him off guard.

What are Chelsea likely to play ?

-------------------Courtois
--Ivanovic------Terry-----Cahill-----Luis
-------------Matic------Fabregas
--Schurrle--------Oscar-----------Willian--
------------------Remy

Like we would play without Hazard haha :blink::clown:

Fav from their form I honestly think this is our best option, ample protection and ability to hit them on pace with the counter. Hopefully Luis is not yet adjusted to the game and we can catch him off guard.

What are Chelsea likely to play ?

-------------------Courtois

--Ivanovic------Terry-----Cahill-----Luis

-------------Matic------Fabregas

--Schurrle--------Oscar-----------Willian--

------------------Remy

Like we would play without Hazard haha :blink::clown:

maybe they don't realise we signed him :halo: