Man United v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how when Mourinho was asked about the approach he will take for this game, he never said we'll go there to win. Beat around the bush instead. Even when Martin Tyler followed it up later on, still didn't give an outright answer.

Funny how when Mourinho was asked about the approach he will take for this game, he never said we'll go there to win. Beat around the bush instead. Even when Martin Tyler followed it up later on, still didn't give an outright answer.

Uhh, he said it about 3 times. :lol:

While beating around the bush of getting a point there may not be a bad result...

Eh, not really. He would reject 1 point for a draw right now, as he wants to win there. In addition, the draw was mentioned in certain circumstances during the game itself but before the game, the team go for all the points.

While beating around the bush of getting a point there may not be a bad result...

Like milan.cech just posted, he said that if we were offered a point now he wouldn't take it. I thought it was clear that he's going to go for it sunday. He's just trying to lessen the expectations of so many people thinking we're going to steam roll them.

I agree that playing Drogba has some advantages, but I don't want Drogba to start basically for the same reasons you provided: we need a runner and we need our AMs too. Drogba can't give us runs. Willian's pace is needed against Di Maria. Oscar has been great in the last couple of games and our pivot lads are used to playing with him, so I don't think it's wise to drop Oscar either. He's a link between our CMs and AMs. So if Costa and Remy are really unavailable, I'd prefer Andre taking the striker's position, with our AMs unchanged or maybe Ramires starting instead of Willian if Jose wants us to be more solid defensively.

I just don't think Schurrle will be a threat to Jones and Rojo in that centre forward position. Utd's CBs might be mistake-prone but they also have bounds of pace, so Schurrle making runs in behind might not be the best way to expose them. I think he needs to play, because he's a goal threat but I wouldn't have him be the focal point of the attack. Infact Schurrle is a lot more effective when he isn't the focal point.

I think you need a target man that's a handful and that will keep Rojo and Jones busy so that Schurrle is then able to drop into pockets of space.