Petr Cech

eldo

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, it would have to be a really crazy situation for us to use Cech in an official game....

It isn't actually that unfeesable.

Mendy gets injured or worse gets Covid. Kepa gets the first game has a shocker, Willy gets the second likewise.

At that point would you put it past Frank to just say "fuck it"?

Just now, Tomo said:

It isn't actually that unfeesable.

Mendy gets injured or worse gets Covid. Kepa gets the first game has a shocker, Willy gets the second likewise.

At that point would put it past Frank to just say "fuck it"?

I'll start to worry only IF the first happens...

tenor.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Kepa now 4th choice. And there were people on here telling me last season that I needed to watch/have more faith in Kepa and then he would prove his quality. As I said at the time, Kepa is thee worst buy in Chelsea history, bar none. Karius level GK at best. 

47 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kepa and Zouma/Rudiger/Christensen should feel downright embarrassed.

Utterly humiliating that a 36 year old CB needs to teach them how to defend, and that our technical director, has to come out of bloody retirement, and provide protection. :lol:

well the 36 year old cb has to teach them since their coach cant.

Think this is a stupid decision. Lampard has came out and said he wants to support Kepa then takes a guy whos been retired for 2 years in as a emergency GK. Talk about contradiction. Also so naive someone who hasnt played or trained for 2 years even if as an emergency GK, sort of message does this send out to Kepa and Caballero? Completely demoralising.

4 minutes ago, Milan said:

:D:D

Still younger than Willy, and for sure better than Kepa.

Ive just thought this must be more than an emergency measure. Had we lost two keepers we'd have been able to register an emergency one like when we signed and registered Hedman in 2006 (when Cech and Carlo got injured).

I think he's getting registered to be the number two.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think this is a stupid decision. Lampard has came out and said he wants to support Kepa then takes a guy whos been retired for 2 years in as a emergency GK. Talk about contradiction. Also so naive someone who hasnt played or trained for 2 years even if as an emergency GK, sort of message does this send out to Kepa and Caballero? Completely demoralising.

I hope they can see the funny side of this.

ofc lamps says he wants to support Kepa. But it has been pretty clear that he wants Kepas ass the hell out of the squad.  

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I hope they can see the funny side of this.

ofc lamps says he wants to support Kepa. But it has been pretty clear that he wants Kepas ass the hell out of the squad.  

Well if that's the case just do it. Even if he isn't playing or cant get a move look at what Arteta has done with Ozil, excluding him from Arsenal's PL squad and Europa League squad. And yes Ozil didn't cost 71m but he is on £350,000-400,000 a week and effectively, giving him that contract contributed towards them losing Ramsey on a free who was much more important to them than Ozil had been in about 3 seasons.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Ive just thought this must be more than an emergency measure. Had we lost two keepers we'd have been able to register an emergency one like when we signed and registered Hedman in 2006 (when Cech and Carlo got injured).

I think he's getting registered to be the number two.

That's the scary thing, I think Frank has genuinely signed him to be number 2 as well. Which is ridiculous I think considering he's not played football or probably even trained at such a level for 17 months now. Plus as I've said regarding Kepa and Willy - Kepa's confidence is already non existent, this is going to be even more demoralising - what does this mean for them?. Especially if he does go on to be the number 2, its a giant sign he doesn't trust them. I mean there's no way he resigns Cech or the club okays it if he is going to be like 3rd or 4th choice. It makes no sense. 

Wonder if we keep having CB problems is he going to ask JT next? 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well if that's the case just do it. Even if he isn't playing or cant get a move look at what Arteta has done with Ozil, excluding him from Arsenal's PL squad and Europa League squad. And yes Ozil didn't cost 71m but he is on £350,000-400,000 a week and effectively, giving him that contract contributed towards them losing Ramsey on a free who was much more important to them than Ozil had been in about 3 seasons.

That's the scary thing, I think Frank has genuinely signed him to be number 2 as well. Which is ridiculous I think considering he's not played football or probably even trained at such a level for 17 months now. Plus as I've said regarding Kepa and Willy - Kepa's confidence is already non existent, this is going to be even more demoralising - what does this mean for them?. Especially if he does go on to be the number 2, its a giant sign he doesn't trust them. I mean there's no way he resigns Cech or the club okays it if he is going to be like 3rd or 4th choice. It makes no sense. 

In fairness unlike JT Cech can probably still play at a decent level for a #2 as he wasn't exactly bad when he stopped playing which was just over a year ago.

As for Kepa got no sympathy anymore, he's had a gizilion and one chances to avoid this.

32 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If kepas confidence is non existing it can’t get worse can it? You can’t get negative confidence I guess. We really should not care a out what makes Kepa happy. 
Özil is a different case. He just is a phlegmatic, toxic character. Kepa seems an alright lad just a shit goalie. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

If kepas confidence is non existing it can’t get worse can it? You can’t get negative confidence I guess. We really should not care a out what makes Kepa happy. 
Özil is a different case. He just is a phlegmatic, toxic character. Kepa seems an alright lad just a shit goalie. 

And as Tomo alluded to above, Kepa has had his chances but he has continued to fuck up those chances every single time. 

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

In fairness unlike JT Cech can probably still play at a decent level for a #2 as he wasn't exactly bad when he stopped playing which was just over a year ago.

As for Kepa got no sympathy anymore, he's had a gizilion and one chances to avoid this.

Maybe. Still risky. No sympathy but its clear Frank doesn't rate him and has no confidence in him, so why is he not just getting rid of him? Be it training with the kids, not putting him in 25 man squads etc? Same way Sarri did to Bakayoko straight away, what Frank did to Drinkwater and Moses last season and Drinkwater again this season.

I don't think signing Cech and keeping Kepa in the 25 man squad is exactly great, or exactly looks great for either Kepa, because we've just signed a 38 year old who hasn't played football for like 1.5 seasons who along with having another 37 year old will undoubtedly probably be counted on more by the manager than him, or, for Frank as it looks like it was a very desperate move, I mean we seen the mistakes last season from both GKs or uncertain performances. 

Be interesting to see what the people saying Cech was finished at Arsenal when he was Bernd Leno's back up will think of us getting him in if he is the number 2 though.....

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Is Ozil a toxic character? If so how? I don't see it. He is a lazy bastard (also these sort of languid styled footballers are rare in the top teams now a days also) for someone on 350-400k a week I'll say that but toxic not so much. Same with the whole Willian being a toxic character here in 7 years one rash moment. Just don't see it.

Yes we shouldn't care about what makes Kepa happy but having demoralised players who clearly dont have a clear and obvious future in a squad isn't good. Its not just Kepa, You've got the 3 left back situation, where 2 will certainly enough minutes to keep them satisfied, one wont even make the squad most times and then 5 CBs to pick from including Rudiger who looks completely frozen out and still here. These players might not be knob ends but you've got the potential for 3 or 4 disgruntled players and we already seen Giroud had rumblings last season because he didn't play (and again I think hes probably going to be third in the pecking order with Timo and Werner so keep eyes on). Franks got to think of things from a footballing decision but also see how having 2 or 3 guys not happy can have an effect on guys around the place. That's why I think if he's at the point of no return with Kepa he's got to just get him out of there. Be it bombing him or just saying look you need to look elsewhere it hasn't worked here, your done. At least he'd know where he stands then if he already doesn't (I would imagine he does so being in the squad probably even more a mystery). 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Let's see what happens before we start jumping the gun.

Why else would he ask the club to sign Cech though realistically? I mean Mendy if he's out, Kepa if he wasn't the way he was would come in or since the way he is playing, Caballero would come in. No need for 4 GKs even if they are chalking Cech down to an emergency signing. Only way I can see why we would sign him is if he is going to be the back up but even then how many games does a back up GK play on average each season, the FA cup and Carabao Cup? I know Willy's not that good and Kepa's more than done here but surely Willy could cope with those. I know they've cited COVID but what are the chances 3 GKs will go down with COVID at one go? Or 3 with injuries at one go? It will be interesting to see who's on the bench v United for the GK position. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe. Still risky. No sympathy but its clear Frank doesn't rate him and has no confidence in him, so why is he not just getting rid of him? Be it training with the kids, not putting him in 25 man squads etc? Same way Sarri did to Bakayoko straight away, what Frank did to Drinkwater and Moses last season and Drinkwater again this season.

I don't think signing Cech and keeping Kepa in the 25 man squad is exactly great, or exactly looks great for either Kepa, because we've just signed a 38 year old who hasn't played football for like 1.5 seasons who along with having another 37 year old will undoubtedly probably be counted on more by the manager than him, or, for Frank as it looks like it was a very desperate move, I mean we seen the mistakes last season from both GKs or uncertain performances. 

Be interesting to see what the people saying Cech was finished at Arsenal when he was Bernd Leno's back up will think of us getting him in if he is the number 2 though.....

Is Ozil a toxic character? If so how? I don't see it. He is a lazy bastard (also these sort of languid styled footballers are rare in the top teams now a days also) for someone on 350-400k a week I'll say that but toxic not so much. Same with the whole Willian being a toxic character here in 7 years one rash moment. Just don't see it.

Yes we shouldn't care about what makes Kepa happy but having demoralised players who clearly dont have a clear and obvious future in a squad isn't good. Its not just Kepa, You've got the 3 left back situation, where 2 will certainly enough minutes to keep them satisfied, one wont even make the squad most times and then 5 CBs to pick from including Rudiger who looks completely frozen out and still here. These players might not be knob ends but you've got the potential for 3 or 4 disgruntled players and we already seen Giroud had rumblings last season because he didn't play (and again I think hes probably going to be third in the pecking order with Timo and Werner so keep eyes on). Franks got to think of things from a footballing decision but also see how having 2 or 3 guys not happy can have an effect on guys around the place. That's why I think if he's at the point of no return with Kepa he's got to just get him out of there. Be it bombing him or just saying look you need to look elsewhere it hasn't worked here, your done. At least he'd know where he stands then if he already doesn't (I would imagine he does so being in the squad probably even more a mystery). 

Why else would he ask the club to sign Cech though realistically? I mean Mendy if he's out, Kepa if he wasn't the way he was would come in or since the way he is playing, Caballero would come in. No need for 4 GKs even if they are chalking Cech down to an emergency signing. Only way I can see why we would sign him is if he is going to be the back up but even then how many games does a back up GK play on average each season, the FA cup and Carabao Cup? I know Willy's not that good and Kepa's more than done here but surely Willy could cope with those. I know they've cited COVID but what are the chances 3 GKs will go down with COVID at one go? Or 3 with injuries at one go? It will be interesting to see who's on the bench v United for the GK position. 

Özil publicly supports mass murdering dictators without any regrets