• 19. Diego Costa
    • 21. Nemanja Matic
    • 24. Gary Cahill
    • 26. John Terry
    • 28. Cesar Azpilicueta
    • 1. Petr Cech (substitute, 26')
    • 12. John Mikel Obi (substitute, 69')
    • 22. Willian (substitute, 87')

Watched the match again today. Oscar, Hazard, Cesc were equally brilliant. So i am giving my MOTM to Cesc because he played against Arsenal and that was just huge commitment and professionalism he showed apart from the performance. I am not even going to consider that we will show anything less at the Emirates.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graeme Souness got it spot on here - "great game management". We didn't allow Arsenal to get into their rhythm with clever tactical fouls and closed down the spaces/gaps as a unit and forced them into long shots.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29326/9505737/chelsea-v-arsenal-victorious-blues-in-complete-control-says-gary-neville

You look at Chelsea today and they’re efficient,” he said. “They’ve got the job done.

“They’ve got great game management. They’ve got a few players out there who work out how the game is panning out, long before they get a message from the touchline or the dressing room at half-time.

“They are very impressive as a team – with some stars in there. Watch the Chelsea players when they lost possession, how quickly they got back in position, how quickly they got goal-side.

“It’s not just about doing clever things with the ball. When you’ve got great players and some very good players, all willing to put a shift in, it makes them a very dangerous animal.”

Jamie Carragher also alluded to our game management point against Liverpool at Anfield last season.

Gotta love our streetwise-ness in big games.

Watched the match again today. Oscar, Hazard, Cesc were equally brilliant. So i am giving my MOTM to Cesc because he played against Arsenal and that was just huge commitment and professionalism he showed apart from the performance. I am not even going to consider that we will show anything less at the Emirates.

It was nice to see him celebrate as well!

whoa this guy is really deluded only can hear blaming ref this & that ...this guys delusions put scousers in shame, fucking davy jones in arsenl shirt...

It's an insult to compare him to Davy Jones, or any other character from POTC for that matter.

lmao this guy does look like a pirate, by the way are arsenal fans really this stupid ..

Arsenal fans are that stupid they think the English Channel is two buttons below BBC1

Anyway, I'm off to hopefully hear Adrian Durham rip into them :blue scalf:

Jimmy Carr and Michael Ballack at yesterday's game.

3-2RCt7D88w.jpg

Jimmy Carr there scouting for his next tour methinks. I guess it was a successful trip, there were 11 jokes on the field in red and 1 on the touchline yesterday.

City is a semblance of an opponent.

Loserpool have shut shop and UTD will come back - one day.

Arsenal are losers from time immemorial. In 1971 -first years of international tv- they played against Ajax, got demolished. Since then all their European appearances were on sufferance.