Sporting Lisbon v Chelsea

BlueLion.

----------------Courtois----------------

-Azpi------Ivan---------JT------Luis-

--------Mikel--------Fabregas-------

Willian--------Oscar---------Hazard

------------------Remy-----------------

Subs - Cech, Zouma, Ake, Ramires, Salah, Schurrle, Costa.

That's what i'd do personally, strong team (as this is a must win after our draw in the first game) with even stronger on the bench. Matic and Cahill need a rest in my mind.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping we were saving drogz for his usual goals against arsenal. Gutted that he is injured. I hope we rest costa because if we don't he will still get called by the spanish national team and get injured like sturridge.

----------------Courtois----------------

-Azpi------Ivan---------JT------Luis-

--------Mikel--------Fabregas-------

Willian--------Oscar---------Hazard

------------------Remy-----------------

Subs - Cech, Zouma, Ake, Ramires, Salah, Schurrle, Costa.

That's what i'd do personally, strong team (as this is a must win after our draw in the first game) with even stronger on the bench. Matic and Cahill need a rest in my mind.

Great starting lineup, even though I would like to see Schurrle in that lineup, prefferably instead of Willian, as I feel we need his pace on the wings tomorrow.

Looking forward to Remy in the starting XI.

Great starting lineup, even though I would like to see Schurrle in that lineup, prefferably instead of Willian, as I feel we need his pace on the wings tomorrow.

Looking forward to Remy in the starting XI.

I rate Schurrle over Willian. I'm resting him for Arsenal. Willian has the pace we need for sporting, but Schurrle has the aggressive running that'll make the arsenal defence collectively shit themselves.

Really would like to see Luis get some action and have to admit, I feel Cech deserves a match or two that is not League Cup early stages. Would love to see Petr get the nod in Lisbon.

Though this is a 3 point must for the group, why not start Remy and bring on Costa later if needed? Guess that didn't work so well vs Schalke with Drogba.

I would like to see Hazard have a MoTM performance.

Come on you Chelsea! :blue scalf:

Think Costa starting is the right thing for the team. Hes scoring goals and hes very much like the Drogba of old where even if he doesn't score against Sporting hes constantly battling with defenders, tiring them out so if Remy comes on hes getting a run out against tired legs who have had a physical encounter with a player like Costa but I think he'll score a goal or two surely.

We should win this game but the intensity, urgency and you could say passion perhaps that wasn't there against Schalke, needs to be there. Sporting won't compromise their style at home as their coach has said so we need to press them high or sit off them and play on the counter. Really interesting to see who starts at LB, would think Luis will start but who knows? Sporting's wide players Nani and Carrillo are very very fast so maybe Azpilicueta on the right and Luis on the left would be a good idea instead of using Branna on the right, who is a bit slow and lethargic at times.

what a pointless signing Drogba was..would much rather have got in another talented youngster!

what a pointless comment from a kid. We lost veteran leadership, Drogba makes perfect sense because he is a big personality in the dressing room. He is CHELSEA! He knows what it means to win at this club! That's why he's back... Meanwhile Torres is still running around like a headless chicken in Milan. GTFO, Drogba's a legend! his presence alone is more than enough.