Sporting Lisbon v Chelsea

BlueLion.

Hoping to see a strong team in this match, after the Schalke game, but of course with the Arsenal game in mind.

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Terry Luis

Matic Ramires

Schürrle Fabre Eden

Remy

Think Ramires may still be injured.

Tibo

Brana-Cahill-JT-Luis

Matic-Ake

Willian-Cesc-Hazard

Remy

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You reckon Aké playing this match? Can't see Mou playing him in this important match. I reckon he'll play it safe, and play Matic - Cesc. And then Oscar playing the OM position.

I would like to see it, him and Matic could provide defensive stabilty and allow Cesc to play further up. I think with our leaky defense it would be worth a shot. He played really well vs Bolton.

Think Ramires may still be injured.

Tibo

Brana-Cahill-JT-Luis

Matic-Ake

Willian-Cesc-Hazard

Remy

I'd like that, but can't see Ake starting in such an important match. Matic-Fab seems to be our default midfield when Ramires is out. Unless we use Matic-Mikel with Cesc as #10. It is possible I suppose, since Oscar played 2 games last week and will likely play against Arsenal too.

Too big of a game for Ake, big difference between Bolton and Sporting Lisbon. Maybe bring him on if things get comfortable but for me we must start with the strongest possible line up.

Agree. This game is more or less a must win, so therefore the strongest team avaliable must be played, but of course with the Arsenal game in mind. Could maybe see Mikel starting, even though I'm not his biggest fan, he still brings some stability.

Don't get me wrong I admire Hazard he is probably our best player but, I think one game on the bench won't do any damage. Andre can do a job against sporing and Hazard will be fresh for the arsenal match.

You don't bench your most talented player in a must win champions league game. Won't and shouldn't happen...

Hazard just needs to turn up tomorrow.

Fitness should be the only reason we don't play the same XI from the weekend. I can see Remy coming in for Costa(fitness) and possibly Luis in for Azpi... After that the team picks itself since both Oscar and Willian played extremely well at the weekend. We need continuity if you keep chopping and changing we lose that understanding.

Agree. This game is more or less a must win, so therefore the strongest team avaliable must be played, but of course with the Arsenal game in mind. Could maybe see Mikel starting, even though I'm not his biggest fan, he still brings some stability.

The Arsenal game is on Sunday, this is a Tuesday fixture meaning there is AMPLE time for recovery. Arsenal play on Wednesday and have a ton of injuries too.

Travelling squad in full:

Petr Cech
Thibaut Courtois
Mitchell Beeney
Branislav Ivanovic
Filipe Luis
Cesc Fabregas
Kurt Zouma
Nathan Ake
Oscar
Eden Hazard
John Mikel Obi
Andre Schurrle
Mohamed Salah
Loic Remy
Diego Costa
Nemanja Matic
Willian
Gary Cahill
John Terry
Cesar Azpilicueta

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/09/lisbon-bound.html?WT.mc_id=social_20140929_32503286