Burnley v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect us to win and win well.

It would be totally understandable if we had the same squad as last season, and people on here were expecting a 1-0, 2-1 sort of result.

But with this season's squad, i am quite confident we will win with some flair and command the game.

We have simply added too much quality and the fact that the new boys have settled in so effortlessly, there is no unknown quantities in play.

Hazard to be better, Oscar to be better, Willian to be better, Schurrle to be a revelation, Fabregas to be a smashing success, Luis to add stability and Costa to Smash!

No need to worry.

Thank god I'm not the only one. This is probably the last game I'd like us to open the season with. I'd take City away over this in all honesty because promoted sides on opening days, especially in Northern shithole towns care the living crap out of me.

They'll be up for this, they'll have superhuman levels of stamina, the crowd will make the ground very claustrophobic and it looks like it's going to rain too. Excited but bricking it.

Actually if you look at every match, everyone had tough games, first rounds are always tough - especially for big teams because their players normally join the pre-season later (even worse in a WC year). Mid and bottom table teams have been training with most of their players for longer, and then all the factors you pointed out in your previous post.

That's why last year I was very happy we drew ManUtd in the third or second fixture. It's better to face a big team early in the competition... our 3-4 first fixtures are all challenging imo - which could eventually help us in the 5th day-match against City away.

Obviously I would take a 1-0 win, but I'd love for us to win comfortably and send out a message, seeing as Arsenal, Liverpool and City only just scraped wins.

Anyone know much about the Burnley squad?