Burnley v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm welcoming a 1x0 with all my being, but I'd be delighted if we managed 2x0

Although I do agree, I feel scorelines can be very dismissive!

What I mostly want is a convincig display. I want Chelsea to be agressive and show a winning mentality without paniking at crucial moments. Something we clearly lacked last season.

Now, if this will result into a 1-0 or a 2/3-0 win, I dont really care. I prefer a 1-0 where we dominated but didnt take our chances than to see us winning 2-0 with lucky goals or a questionable performance.

"Come on then, it's only a pound" The smell of hot dogs and burgers, the programme seller, the sound of the turnstiles, the push and shove of the concourse just for a piss and the shouts of "Fucking sit anywhere" from the supporters.

Away days are here lads, the PL is back.

Fucking get in

This is going to be a frustrating night, then?

I kind of dread these types of matches. Or at least I did last season. When we're expected to totally dominate a team and everyone all over the place picks us to smash a small team 5 or 6-0 and we end up struggling mightily or losing.

What I mostly want is a convincig display. I want Chelsea to be agressive and show a winning mentality without paniking at crucial moments. Something we clearly lacked last season.

Now, if this will result into a 1-0 or a 2/3-0 win, I dont really care. I prefer a 1-0 where we dominated but didnt take our chances than to see us winning 2-0 with lucky goals or a questionable performance.

Yup at this stage of the season the performance matters more than the result. That flips very quickly though.

for me it's too early in the season to demand those things. The team is far from being the final product, all I care now is the result.

For the team to shape up and improve tactically and technically it'll need at least a month. Right now all I care is a good result - especially in the first official match of the season. I think the playing quality will gradually improve in the following weeks and it's too much to ask for the team to already win and dominate. I swear that's the last thing in my head now.

So yeah, I'll take some lucky goals and questionable or unconvincing performance in the first 2-3 weeks of the season, as long as we win those matches.

I'll start thinking about the team playing nice football only mid-September. Probably after the international break that I know we'll have, but I don't know when it is.

for me it's too early in the season to demand those things. The team is far from being the final product, all I care now is the result.

For the team to shape up and improve tactically and technically it'll need at least a month. Right now all I care is a good result - especially in the first official match of the season. I think the playing quality will gradually improve in the following weeks and it's too much to ask for the team to already win and dominate. I swear that's the last thing in my head now.

So yeah, I'll take some lucky goals and questionable or unconvincing performance in the first 2-3 weeks of the season, as long as we win those matches.

I'll start thinking about the team playing nice football only mid-September. Probably after the international break that I know we'll have, but I don't know when it is.

Yeah, ideally I want a great performance and a great result, but if I have to choose, at this point, I'd take a great result and unconvincing performance over a great performance and poor result with dozens missed clear-cut chances. We need to win. It will give the team confidence.

I wonder, would anyone really complain if we perform unconvincingly in all of the 38 games but win the league in the end..?

Yeah, ideally I want a great performance and a great result, but if I have to choose, at this point, I'd take a great result and unconvincing performance over a great performance and poor result with dozens missed clear-cut chances. We need to win. It will give the team confidence.

We have half of our first team contingent with only two weeks of training under their belt. They're not even in form at this point, so I think it's hard to ask us as a team to already perform good football so early in the season.

Don't take me wrong, of course I want to see us dominating those smaller sides, but that comes with time, as the season progresses. We have three new key-players that are new to the team (two of them even new to the league). Mourinho certainly will abandon the plan B he used from December on and will go back to his original plan for the team (high pressing and direct, fast attacking, keeping the ball in the opposition's half whether we have it or them). We won't be as defensive. He'll probably continue from where he stopped in November last season... so I expect a couple of months for the tactics and players to settle. Meanwhile they'll improve physically.

It's important for us to show progression. To regress a match or two in the first four weeks of competition is no big deal imo, but from then on the team has to go in a crescendo until everything is settled and it's all about polishing and growing chemistry and understanding.