Filipe Luís

Jase

if they are taking someone else story and reporting it, that means they back up that other story and are wilking to put their name and reputation on the line (to a certain extent)... So imo even outlets re-reporting other sites' stories is worth sonething

The bigger and more reliable outlets yes they have a reputation to protect and will think twice before reposting something (not a lot of those around though)

However the smaller and less reliable outlets ( alot more of those around) don't have a good repution to protect so they don't care.

They only care about getting lots of people to click on their "news". They only care about having lots of people visit their website or buy their newspaper.

It really isn't a good method to go by how many outlets are reporting the same news instead you should be more concerned about which outlets are reporting the news. 1 reliable outlet/ source is better than 5 unreliable ones.

Even though I still don't get why we did not simply give Cole an extension instead of splashing out 20m+ for a 29 year old player. On the other hand, 29 years is no age for a left back who has just started to hit his peak. Funny how the arguably best LB in the world did not even make the WC squad above Maicon. Our gain, as he now comes here fresh and untraumatised.

Funny how the arguably best LB in the world did not even make the WC squad above Maicon. Our gain, as he now comes here fresh and untraumatised.

Exactly, he's already begun his pre-season training with Atletico and will be ready to join the Chelsea squad the minute he signs but had he been away in Brazil we'd only have him back at the same time as Schürrle, Oscar, Willian and Ramires. Better for us to have our starting left-back ready and hungry for success when the ball starts rolling again.

He didn't make the Brazil squad because Scolari is an idiot who only wants to take the players that will fit his playing style and not just the best around. I mean Henrique over Miranda, Fred over Costa(didn't put more of an effort to get him even though everyone know Fred is shit). Also he probably didn't seem to be attacking enough for his liking, he wanted Brazil to go all out attack this tournament, shame it backfired massively.

He didn't make the Brazil squad because Scolari is an idiot who only wants to take the players that will fit his playing style and not just the best around. I mean Henrique over Miranda, Fred over Costa(didn't put more of an effort to get him even though everyone know Fred is shit). Also he probably didn't seem to be attacking enough for his liking, he wanted Brazil to go all out attack this tournament, shame it backfired massively.

Well I'm sure Costa would've played...... If he didn't pick to play for Spain? He tried very hard iirc, but Costa was already swayed, what could he have done? Didn't Costa even agree before changing his mind?

I think we waited for the worldcup to be over, so that it doesn't take the shine off our signings :P:

you mean so our signings don't take the shine away from the WC? :P

well the combo of Cesc, Diego and Filipe (all coming from La Liga, lol) is a great one. I still wish we signed a good striker - doesn't need to be a big name - with the same style of Eto'o or Benzema. We'll need technique and someone that can create their own chances to balance the kind of strikers we have in the squad.

The few times André played as a ST last year were far from impressive, and even if he plays like that, his high points are runs and positioning, something Costa excels at. We need a different flavor. It could be a youngster, I don't mind, as long as we have diversity depth. I hope Mourinho is thinking about the same thing. We can ship off Lukaku and Ba (as I don't see anyone in the world wanting Torres) and with their money (I don't wish to see them loaned, rather than sold) we could get a new striker.

But other than that, I think we're pretty much done. If Tiago also comes, it's a plus. I don't think we necessarily need another midfielder, but for free and with his quality and experience, I'd say, welcome mister!

I just want to know how Mou plans to use Cesc and who will be our AMs. Oscar, Willian and Schürrle won't be incorporated until much later, so I expect Cesc to maybe start there, alongside Salah and Hazard. Good thing Ramires is getting as late as the rest of the AMs, otherwise we'd have to cope with him in the RW, gosh, how I wish Mourinho could never do it again, but it's still very likely.

you mean so our signings don't take the shine away from the WC? :P

well the combo of Cesc, Diego and Filipe (all coming from La Liga, lol) is a great one. I still wish we signed a good striker - doesn't need to be a big name - with the same style of Eto'o or Benzema. We'll need technique and someone that can create their own chances to balance the kind of strikers we have in the squad.

The few times André played as a ST last year were far from impressive, and even if he plays like that, his high points are runs and positioning, something Costa excels at. We need a different flavor. It could be a youngster, I don't mind, as long as we have diversity depth. I hope Mourinho is thinking about the same thing. We can ship off Lukaku and Ba (as I don't see anyone in the world wanting Torres) and with their money (I don't wish to see them loaned, rather than sold) we could get a new striker.

But other than that, I think we're pretty much done. If Tiago also comes, it's a plus. I don't think we necessarily need another midfielder, but for free and with his quality and experience, I'd say, welcome mister!

I just want to know how Mou plans to use Cesc and who will be our AMs. Oscar, Willian and Schürrle won't be incorporated until much later, so I expect Cesc to maybe start there, alongside Salah and Hazard. Good thing Ramires is getting as late as the rest of the AMs, otherwise we'd have to cope with him in the RW, gosh, how I wish Mourinho could never do it again, but it's still very likely.

I was just saying that very thing in the Costa thread.

Remy 8m release clause or Emenike for 15m is good too for a 2nd striker. Or just recall Lukaku and let him rot on the bench(think he will be sold)

they say lacazette would cost £16m