Filipe Luís

Jase

20mil is way too much for a Left back. especially a 29 year old, even the club felt so because they were haggling over 12-15mil for weeks

But funnily enough it looks as though we will pay the higher price, the club obviously think he's worth it.

But funnily enough it looks as though we will pay the higher price, the club obviously think he's worth it.

I think it's a case of the club securing their primary target. Chelsea can easily afford the 20mil, so the price isn't really an issue. The reason (imo) they negotiated a lower price for so long is because the club values him lower. Otherwise the deal would be concluded long ago since he was available and wasn't at the World cup or anything

Very solid buy here, I remember watching the home game vs Athletico and being ridiculously impressed with the long haired left back. Glad he's gonna be in blue this season!

I think that is just it, he is solid. He is not going to be barging forward in the attacking sense, like some other LB's, but he is very good defensively and very consistent, which is exactly what is needed to win a league in my opinion.

Haven't seen it here, but 9 mins vid i just saw of him:

He'll really help against parked buses, if he can get in the box like that and create chances.

Especially now when we'll have someone to recieve the cross.

Even if he was I'd prefer someone with different qualities.

exactly my thoughts.

If we have Costa keeping Lukaku makes no sense and if he's willing to be sold instead of loaned again, so sell him. I don't feel this is a Daniel Sturridge case. Costa and Lukaku are the same striker, Costa is only 25, so there's no point of keeping Lukaku unless Costa ends up being a completely flop - Torres' levels, but we have all agreed that's not quite likely (not to say possible).

We need a technical striker, someone like Eto'o. I don't know if Eto'o is leaving because of the little spat with José, because the board doesn't want or because he doesn't want, but he'd be perfect to stay. He offers something else, I think he helped Hazard a lot this season, helped his development. That's the kind of striker we need as a #2. Having a carbon copy of Costa doesn't give us options.

According to Mundo Deportivo: he left today's training due to a thigh injury

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140711/futbol/filipe-luis-se-retira-del-entrenamiento-por-un-golpe-en-el-muslo-derecho_54411021842.html

hope it's nothing serious...

Wouldn't be surprised if the injury was just an excuse for him not training with his transfer being all but signed. Wouldn't be the first time that happened...

exactly my thoughts.

If we have Costa keeping Lukaku makes no sense and if he's willing to be sold instead of loaned again, so sell him. I don't feel this is a Daniel Sturridge case. Costa and Lukaku are the same striker, Costa is only 25, so there's no point of keeping Lukaku unless Costa ends up being a completely flop - Torres' levels, but we have all agreed that's not quite likely (not to say possible).

We need a technical striker, someone like Eto'o. I don't know if Eto'o is leaving because of the little spat with José, because the board doesn't want or because he doesn't want, but he'd be perfect to stay. He offers something else, I think he helped Hazard a lot this season, helped his development. That's the kind of striker we need as a #2. Having a carbon copy of Costa doesn't give us options.

Exactly, we need different options. The idea that in a game where Costa is ineffective we can replace him with Lukaku makes me cringe. I can't think of a single thing that Lukaku brings to the table that Costa doesn't.

I forgot what an attacking fullback looks like. I miss those link up and bombing overlapping runs we last saw on a consistent basis in 09/10 season. Luis offensive game is silky and very fluid and it will no doubt bring the very best out of Hazard and Schurrle. He is a good crosser/passer too so I had expect most of our attacking plays to come from the left side as I can't bare too watch any more awful crossing exhibition from Ivanovic next season.

Exactly, we need different options. The idea that in a game where Costa is ineffective we can replace him with Lukaku makes me cringe. I can't think of a single thing that Lukaku brings to the table that Costa doesn't.

Giving trademark annoying and controversial interviews. if that counts

Looks like he threw a tantrum and Simeone decided enough is enough and sent him to train there. You don't mess with Diego and get away lol. Now he basically forced himself into leaving as I am sure his relationship with Diego is damaged, even if he stays that new LB will surely be given a lot of chances ahead of him now.

I'd be quite surprised if we don't see some developments with this one by Friday 5pm. Would imagine Jose would want him on board by the time the European friendlies begin and preseason intensifies. We'll end up paying the buyout clause for sure.