Diego Costa

Spike

Hope we get him great player. Am I the only one who is worried about his temper. And the spitting in his hands an touching defenders faces with his spit hands wtf?!. Storys like that make me wonder if I really want him after my 2 years of hating suarez and acting like I dont want players like him at chelsea!

just basing it on this in the Guardian, they will spend big, Cavani is clearly unhappy playing on the wing, FFP sanctions on PSG ! still unlikely

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/23/manchester-united-edinson-cavani-cesc-fabregas

Champions League, sir. If he would like to get some playing time in his natural position and money doesn't matter for him, then surely he will choose club that qualified in Champions League at least, MU will be in the bottom of his list for sure.

Hope we get him great player. Am I the only one who is worried about his temper. And the spitting in his hands an touching defenders faces with his spit hands wtf?!. Storys like that make me wonder if I really want him after my 2 years of hating suarez and acting like I dont want players like him at chelsea!

One of those players that will win us games but possible lose us some by getting sent off

Jose is the right person to sort him out

Champions League, sir. If he would like to get some playing time in his natural position and money doesn't matter for him, then surely he will choose club that qualified in Champions League at least, MU will be in the bottom of his list for sure.

Don't forget he was out telling Suarez, to leave Liverpool, saying a player of his class should play in Champions League. Can't see Cavani picking a club not in CL tbh, and there will be other clubs willing to pay for him.

Cech

Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Cole/ New LB

Oscar/Willian, New CM, Matic, Hazard

Diego Costa, Lukaku

The most free-scoring teams of the past 3 seasons, us, Liverpool and Man City have done so playing with two strikers. Now that we have Matic at the base, a player who covers every blade of grass, an ever reliable defense and the prospect of having both Costa and Lukaku, this is an option Jose HAS to at least consider. Playing two strikers means you give the bus-parking teams that come to Stamford Bridge two monsters to think about. I can't see to many teams being able to shut-out both those players for 90 mins.

I'm very excited at the prospect of a flat 4-4-2 in home matches against lesser teams especially.

I see that as a plan B.

The thing that is most promising about this transfer is that hes in a team currently not too dissimilar to our own. Atletico do not create too many chances, they counter attack like us. Their side is set up of a good back 5 and the rest of the team comes from that solid base. If hes scored 26 La Liga goals this year in that way, I see no reason why he can't come and be a beast here.

Not true. Chelsea create a shitload of chances that aren't taken.

Squawka(whether you deem it credible is up to you) have Chelsea ranked 2nd to Man City on chances created of the course of the season. Its broken down into two categories Key Pass / Assists

Man City generated 468 key passes and from them got 65 assisted goals.

Chelsea generated 465 key passes and from them got 41 assisted goals.

Liverpool generated 425 key passes and from them got 63 assisted goals.

By contrast Atletico generated 319 key passes and from them got 54 assisted goals. That is an astounding return from Atletico who I agree do not generate a lot of chances but are INCREDIBLY clinical when they are presented.

For me Diego doesn't have to be Suarez for us to be successful, all he has to do is score 20-25 goals and bury the opportunities created for him at a ratio of 3:1 I'd be elated if he can do that. We were 4 points shy of the title with possibly the worst strike force of all the top squads in Europe, we're not that far off and Costa will definitely help us get over the hump.

Squawka(whether you deem it credible is up to you) have Chelsea ranked 2nd to Man City on chances created of the course of the season. Its broken down into two categories Key Pass / Assists

By contrast Atletico generated 319 key passes and from them got 54 assisted goals. That is an astounding return from Atletico who I agree do not generate a lot of chances but are INCREDIBLY clinical when they are presented.

For me Diego doesn't have to be Suarez for us to be successful, all he has to do is score 20-25 goals and bury the opportunities created for him at a ratio of 3:1 I'd be elated if he can do that. We were 4 points shy of the title with possibly the worst strike force of all the top squads in Europe, we're not that far off and Costa will definitely help us get over the hump.

Chances created definition (i.e. the most misleading stat ever):

Any pass that leads to a shot (no matter how speculative). That stat does certainly not mean we're creative enough. We've taken the most shots in the league on average - a lot of them are speculative long shots and not real quality chances.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think that our play in general has been great this season and that we've created bucket loads of quality chances and that the only reason we haven't scored more is because we're missing someone clinical up front.

Chances created definition (i.e. the most misleading stat ever):

Any pass that leads to a shot (no matter how speculative). That stat does certainly not mean we're creative enough. We've taken the most shots in the league on average - a lot of them are speculative long shots and not real quality chances.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think that our play in general has been great this season and that we've created bucket loads of quality chances and that the only reason we haven't scored more is because we're missing someone clinical up front.

Obviously. But regardless it puts everyone on an even playing field. In Chelsea's case the numbers may be skewed but what isn't is the fact that we've missed a shit ton of easy opportunities and when you look at Atletico those opportunities are being finished with less creation.

Rumours are, that we have offered Lukaku in part exchange for Costa. I am hoping that is just paper talk.

More inclined to think it is seeing as Costa has a buy out clause, and that has to be activated. If Lukaku was to go he wouldn't be used as a bargaining chip in this deal, he fetches good money on his own.

Obviously. But regardless it puts everyone on an even playing field. In Chelsea's case the numbers may be skewed but what isn't is the fact that we've missed a shit ton of easy opportunities and when you look at Atletico those opportunities are being finished with less creation.

Diego Costa is just a freak, he has scored 29% of his chances this year (in the league) which is just very, very clinical, I don't think any striker or player around Europe comes anywhere close to him when it comes to taking chances (statistically wise).