Diego Costa

Spike

"Samuel Eto'o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba scored only 19 goals between them, often leading to speculation Mourinho would make a big-money move for a player like Costa, who has scored 27 times in 33 appearances in La Liga this season." - Sky Sports

Nothing more to say/do... except hope it happens and wish him the best :halo: :halo: :halo:

setting aside the goals, I was far from impressed. much like the England national team who are inept in center midfield. if he were so good or underrated in CM, he would have been able to adapt to playing either alongside Gerrard or two other solid CMs sometime in the past 10 years for England. it's just not there.

Are you serious?? Surely you're only referring to his form this season!?! Bagging Lampard is considered sacrilegious around these parts. The man will go down in history as one of the greatest ever Chelsea players, IMO, the best!

For all those saying that Costa couldnt score against cahill, so he is not that good:

neither could suarez and sturridge

or aguero, dzeko and negredo

or for that matter, ibrahimovic and cavani.

Not everything has a correlation.

That probably only means cahill, and our defense has been that good.

Costa has scored against Barcelona, Madrid, and almost every other team in Spain, and in Europe as well.

He isnt the perfect striker, but he is a damn good goalscorer.

We need a player like him in our team, along with someone like Lukaku who is brute force and finish.

His wages will still be massive (seen £185k a week being quoted) so overall he will only be a little cheaper than Torres and we will be fucked if he turns out a flop.

But yeah, on paper £32m will still look 'better' than £50m and hopefully it will mean less pressure on the lad.

Diego can handle the pressure,remember the two minutes he wasted before his pen against us?

Torres on the other side is just a little girl who is afraid of responsibilties..

remember the two minutes he wasted before his pen against us?

I don't actually, I was already too intoxicated at that point. :ph34r:

Anyway, the mental aspect of the game certainly seems to be one of Costa's strengths and in that respect he's like the complete opposite of Torres.

Diego can handle the pressure,remember the two minutes he wasted before his pen against us?

Torres on the other side is just a little girl who is afraid of responsibilties..

The character alone will be a massive upgrade. That's one thing I admire about players like Costa who have had a relatively unconventional rise to elite level, especially when compared to poster-boys like Torres who have been pampered since they were in their teens. It's the same thing with Drogba playing Ligue 2 in his early twenties, these guys have strength of mind you will never see in Torres. When Torres lost form he became an empty shell of man and was sulking non-stop, compare that to Drogba who even when his legs were gone still affected games and put himself about. If I had a pound for every time I've said 'man up' when watching Torres I'd be a millionaire.

Cech

Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Cole/ New LB

Oscar/Willian, New CM, Matic, Hazard

Diego Costa, Lukaku

The most free-scoring teams of the past 3 seasons, us, Liverpool and Man City have done so playing with two strikers. Now that we have Matic at the base, a player who covers every blade of grass, an ever reliable defense and the prospect of having both Costa and Lukaku, this is an option Jose HAS to at least consider. Playing two strikers means you give the bus-parking teams that come to Stamford Bridge two monsters to think about. I can't see to many teams being able to shut-out both those players for 90 mins.

I'm very excited at the prospect of a flat 4-4-2 in home matches against lesser teams especially.

As you said, we could play that way against the smaller sides who park the bus, but against the big sides we need a two man midfield. Also Liverpool don't play in a 4-4-2, same with City. Suarez does a lot of the work while Sturridge stays forward, same with Aguero and Negredo. The good thing about this signing is that Costa can play as a second striker, he works extremely hard for the team, especially last season when he did all the dirty work for Falcao.

What's this bullsh*t about Lukaku being included in the deal?

It's exactly that, 'Bullsh*t' and nothing more...Costa has a buyout clause, so there really is no reason why they would be 'negotiating'

Spurs DID agree a deal, Moutinho just didn't want to play for them :lol::lol:

still believe it will happen mate,

but stranger shit has happened in the past aka Robinho and now we have PSG (who if they sell Cavani to United might go for him) and Monaco (cant see Berbatov being their long term striker and Falcao is just recovering from an ACL - recovery time, etc.)

From the Guardian -

"Costa, who shares his agent, Jorge Mendes, with Mourinho, will need some persuading to move to the Premier League but is expected to be swayed."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/13/diego-costa-chelsea-transfer-atletico-madrid