Diego Costa

Spike

If we do sign Costa then we'll just be in need of a CM and LB for the starting line-up, hopefully we'll see Shaw and someone like Rakitic.

----------Courtois----------

-Azpi-Cahill-Terry-Shaw-

--------Matic-Rakitic(?)---

--Willian-Oscar-Hazard--

-----------Costa------------

That side just oozes quality; world class 11.

If we do sign Costa then we'll just be in need of a CM and LB for the starting line-up, hopefully we'll see Shaw and someone like Rakitic.

----------Courtois----------

-Azpi-Cahill-Terry-Shaw-

--------Matic-Rakitic(?)---

--Willian-Oscar-Hazard--

-----------Costa------------

That side just oozes quality; world class 11.

On paper..

Excited about Costa, but would anyone else be even more excited with a top class Matic partner like I would be? Being able to dominate sides in midfield would go a long way in helping Costa and our attacking players flourish.

Excited about Costa, but would anyone else be even more excited with a top class Matic partner like I would be? Being able to dominate sides in midfield would go a long way in helping Costa and our attacking players flourish.

Yep probably because it would be a much more unexpected buy, while we all knew the club would buy a striker.

Gundogan would be a dream

People comparing Costa to Torres have lost it. Forget about the stats, body language alone shows how Diego Costa will not fail at Chelsea. Torres plays most of the game with his hands by his side, shoulders slumped over, making runs into an open position only once the ball has already been shot, then waving his hands in the air like he was in that position all game. Torres takes 1 or 2 touches too many, Costa hits first time. Costa makes runs into the right position, Torres can't find that position if you marked it with a big red X.

Costa might not have Zlatan technique, Henry speed, Messi's agility or Adriano's rocket shot, but he strikes fear to the opposing CBs, which would allow the others to flourish. We've been missing that for years... (that includes Drogba twilight years at Chelsea).

I don't think we should expect him to be prolific, but moreso hardworking and strong.

Good transfer at a good price. My only concern with him is how many cards/suspensions will follow...

Even if he arrives, I wont get too excited, the striker history is terrible here in past few years...

Lets wait and see how he does, then we will talk, get excited and shit.

totally agree ! seems like its been a long time since we had a good striker consistent striker

If Costa sign, and Torres stay, will both of them could get along together? Spanish striker rivalry.

And how about our Brazilian players will react to him?

There are so many strikers ahead of Torres in the pecking order, it's not even a rivalry at the moment.