Diego Costa

Spike

I think people have gone off him more over the apparent £50million price tag than anything else. He's a quality finisher, I just hope he doesn't lose his patience if he comes here or we'll have a Balotelli on our hands.

As I said before when people were saying that; I seriously doubt he'll go for 50. And voila, the prices that's coming out now are ranging from £32m/35m, so whoever is making that argument against it doesn't really have a point about it anymore.

World class striker? Is Costa at the same level as Suarez, Falcao, Messi or Ibra? No.

Hes a major improvement on what we have but anything going over 35m m is a rip off.

He's at the age where the tag World class only starts to be labelled on him. These are now his prime years if we wait a couple more years to buy him the price doubles.

I see why there are doubts about signing this guy, I have them myself too.

You see, who did we have most problems with this season? Teams that sit back with 10 men and only attack (if, they do at all) on counter-attacks or spam long balls and try to win corners to score from them. West Ham, Palace and other fuckers...

And we did exactly the same in first leg in CL and Costa couldn't do fuck all. I know West Ham ain't Chelsea, but I would expect for striker with such pricetag to score even against teams that park the bus.

And please, don't bring that shit argument: 'Messi didn't score against us too'. That's the most stupid shit I've ever heard. Messi is one of the two best footballers in the world and he is proving it season after season. He may have a few bad months here and there, but most of the time he is the best footballer in the world.

Nobody heard about Costa until two seasons ago, so we don't know whether this season he is good just because of the way Simeone set up team or because he is actually good.

And you know what? when we wait to find out his price tag doubles. Trust the scouts and the tech directors, if they see him as a guy who can come in and provide what we need then I'm all for it, they have a better eye for talent than we do that's for damn sure.

Costa is a live body in the box, fearless competitor and a guy when given space will score. That is exactly the kind of player Chelsea need at this current moment, Cavani is 27 and misses boatloads of good chances to score, Falcao is 28 and coming off a very serious injury. Diego is 25 and just now entering his prime years, whether you've heard of him before or not is not a concern for me because now is when a striker of his pedigree starts to make a name for himself. Same can be said for Falcao(2011) and the same can be said about Cavani(2012) they were 25 and just starting to show the world what they are capable of.

Also, lets not forget we have Lukaku to come back too! You don't think a strike force of Lukaku, Costa and even Torres would strike fear into opponents? I am very confident that trio(hopefully without Torres and with Eto'o) will be more than enough to provide us with the goals we need.

If Spain have a good World Cup and Costa scores important goals his star will shine even brighter so meeting the buyout is paramount before we go into the summer.

If £32m end up being the price then it's a steal. Which would mean either his release clause was indeed there or the price was low because another Courtois loan deal is included.

And FFS, if we sell Courtois to them permanently I'm going to lose my shit. It kind of grates me how José once more spoke about him in today's press conference. Saying he's Athletico's keeper and refuses to comment on him at all. It's like he's trying already to condition us for the inevitable sale.

If £32m end up being the price then it's a steal. Which would mean either his release clause was indeed there or the price was low because another Courtois loan deal is included.

And FFS, if we sell Courtois to them permanently I'm going to lose my shit. It kind of grates me how José once more spoke about him in today's press conference. Saying he's Athletico's keeper and refuses to comment on him at all. It's like he's trying already to condition us for the inevitable sale.

Looks like the fee Chelsea are paying for Costa is his release cause.

As I said before when people were saying that; I seriously doubt he'll go for 50. And voila, the prices that's coming out now are ranging from £32m/35m, so whoever is making that argument against it doesn't really have a point about it anymore.

If he's only going to be £32M then he is by far the best option for us, hands down.

Nah. I've a strong feeling that the reason Atletico acted so 'gentlemanly' over the whole Courtois playing against us thing is because we're going to get Costa. They could've even said 'take the fee owed out of the Costa deal and we're good'. Maybe Courtois will stay there for one more season as well like you said; I'd say he definitely will if we get him for only £32-35m. I doubt very much he'll go the other way in any deal.

If we get him and he proves his worth, I cant wait till Lpool, Manu, City feel how it is to play against Chelsea WITH striker. And I have been watching Suarez, Rooney, RVP cuntish acts, cant wait till Costa puts a few on his own. Feel some of your own medicine fuckers.

But for god's sake, dont turn into another flop. :wank2:

Some big tranfers prove flops big time.

The Greeks know of the cases of Konstantinou-Okkas-Castillo.

In CFC it was Sechenko (one of my players for as long as he was in AC Milan).

In those four cases it was n't a case of moving from a weak league to a stronger league either.