Diego Costa

Spike

This twat in a team as hated like ours will be a match made in hell. The amount of suspensions, red cards and bad publicity he had bring will outweigh the positives he had likely bring.

Not that I disagree with you (personally I'm not sure how our midfield will magically start feeding our striker after what I've seen in the past 3 seasons)...but what other candidates are realistically available?

Not that I disagree with you (personally I'm not sure how our midfield will magically start feeding our striker after what I've seen in the past 3 seasons)...but what other candidates are realistically available?

And we only have ourselves to blame for that. We didn't react positively and decisively to Torres transfer flop (a transfer that should never have happened in the first place) and essentially wasted 2 solid years persisting with the enigma that is fernando when top strikers were available. We will be paying dearly for our mistakes now that Costa is the only striker realistically available.

Jury is definitely out. I have a feeling he would spend more time suspended than playing, up against wind up merchants like Skirtel and Shawcross.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/9845/future-chelsea-player-diego-costa-headbutts-mohamed-sissoko-in-atleti-s-defeat/

hes proper chels, but in the 80s on the terraces sense

Mourinho: "We have good players, but don't have the kind of striker able to, in a short space, to make an action, score a goal, open the gate"

Costa is great, but to me it sounds like Mourinho is talking about a different type of striker (Aguaro, Suarez, Falcao).

Mourinho: "We have good players, but don't have the kind of striker able to, in a short space, to make an action, score a goal, open the gate"

Costa is great, but to me it sounds like Mourinho is talking about a different type of striker (Aguaro, Suarez, Falcao).

Can we break the bank for Suarez?

How much will he go for?

80 million pounds?

Can we break the bank for Suarez?

How much will he go for?

80 million pounds?

Man...Mou and Suarez. It would be match made in heaven. Top striker, PL proven. Can do anything. But I feel even if we offer 80m and pool accepts, Suarez wont come here. If anywhere, its Real.

Falcao? Falcao is not an Aguero or Suarez type of striker at all.

Costa is better at Falcao in short spaces and linking up play IMO.

If we could get any CF, I would prefer Aguero. It really is unbelievable how many World Class CF's we have been so close to signing, but not going the extra mile to get them. Him, Falaco, etc.

I have mixed feelings about Costa.

Falcao? Falcao is not an Aguero or Suarez type of striker at all.

Costa is better at Falcao in short spaces and linking up play IMO.

You're right that he's very different from Aguero or Suarez, though that wasnt my point. my point was that i think he's better than Costa in short spaces, making something from nothing, handle 3-4 defenders around him and shoot.. like Jose was talking about the last few days. Falcao is inferior in link up play and passing and thats why I dont think he's right for us, but he's super dangerous with the ball at his feet when he's arond and in the box.

The myth is slowly creeping in that because our system isn't solely based on the striker that a top one won't make a great deal off difference.

What i would say is look at the difference a fully fit Eto'o makes compared to Torres and Ba, so imagine an even further upgrade in Costa.
Im not saying he alone will turn us into a unbeatable machine, but all the knock downs from Ba that go nowhere, the passes both cock up and the lack of movement from Nando especially, Costa would do those basics even if he is playing awful, which is already a bonus.

The myth is slowly creeping in that because our system isn't solely based on the striker that a top one won't make a great deal off difference.

No, everyone accepts that we 100% need a top striker. Hell, if we had one this season we probably would've won the league because a top class striker will win you games on their own. The difference is though that our system would still not be complete, it isn't the only problem with our system.

We're still too slow transitioning from defence to attack and we isolate our most creative forward too much. Even if we did have a top class striker we'd still struggle to feed him and Hazard the ball in good positions. A left back that'll effectively overlap Hazard and that has the ability to cause havoc in the final third and a creative CM that can pull the strings and change the pace of our play from the back is what we need as well.

No, everyone accepts that we 100% need a top striker. Hell, if we had one this season we probably would've won the league because a top class striker will win you games on their own. The difference is though that our system would still not be that that isn't the only problem with our system.

We're still too slow transitioning from defence to attack and we isolate our most creative forward too much. Even if we did have a top class striker we'd still struggle to feed him and Hazard the ball in good positions. A left back that'll effectively overlap Hazard and that has the ability to cause havoc in the final third and a creative CM that can pull the strings and change the pace of our play from the back is what we need as well.

It has been brought up a few times on various sites that i read, some doubt if a striker will make much difference because of the way we play.

I do agree that we still need a lot more than merely a forward to sort our overall game out, for sure.

What i would say is look at the difference a fully fit Eto'o makes compared to Torres and Ba, so imagine an even further upgrade in Costa.

Im not saying he alone will turn us into a unbeatable machine, but all the knock downs from Ba that go nowhere, the passes both cock up and the lack of movement from Nando especially, Costa would do those basics even if he is playing awful, which is already a bonus.

A younger Eto'o would have been amazing because of his link up play.

Today three forwards I can think of are good like that.

Rooney, Agüero and Suarez.

Don't think we will get anyone of those.

So it looks like Costa it is with some other squad striker like Bony coming in.

A younger Eto'o would have been amazing because of his link up play.

Today three forwards I can think of are good like that.

Rooney, Agüero and Suarez.

Don't think we will get anyone of those.

So it looks like Costa it is with some other squad striker like Bony coming in.

I would love to keep Eto'o as a squad player for one more year, should he accept it.

I still think he has it in him to produce big performance's with correctly managed game time, his return of 12 goals this season has been impressive considering the circumstances.