Diego Costa

Spike

I agree with Iseah. I think he will do well. As other people have mentioned in previous posts. He is the cunt of a striker we need. Someone to bully defenders, stick elbows in ribs and knock people to the floor with just a shoulder charge. someone who just doesn't give a shit who he upsets as long as he get's his goal. Defenders are not going to look forward to coming up against him. For me that's what we have been crying out for since Didier left.

I agree with Iseah. I think he will do well. As other people have mentioned in previous posts. He is the cunt of a striker we need. Someone to bully defenders, stick elbows in ribs and knock people to the floor with just a shoulder charge. someone who just doesn't give a shit who he upsets as long as he get's his goal. Defenders are not going to look forward to coming up against him. For me that's what we have been crying out for since Didier left.

Exactly. As I have said previously, having a striker like that makes the world of difference psychologically. When now defenders have no problems coming up against our strikers and knocking them to their asses, then some of them might unwillingly keep distance from him, and that distance could be the difference between a goal or no goal, and the difference between a goal or no goal could be points.. and we all know what difference points make.

Exactly. As I have said previously, having a striker like that makes the world of difference psychologically. When now defenders have no problems coming up against our strikers and knocking them to their asses, then some of them might unwillingly keep distance from him, and that distance could be the difference between a goal or no goal, and the difference between a goal or no goal could be points.. and we all know what difference points make.

You were joking when you said 'not' in the previous post. Sorry i read it completely the wrong way :lol:

Why would you even say that?

I dont think he will flop, but I wont get too excited over any striker we buy again until he performs well for us. The past few years we had many striker issues its almost unbelievable, apart from Drogba and Anelka...

I dont think he will flop, but I wont get too excited over any striker we buy again until he performs well for us. The past few years we had many striker issues its almost unbelievable, apart from Drogba and Anelka...

Pessimism. Be optimistic! Costa will do great!

I remember last year (12-13) when Gary Monk, I repeat, Gary Monk said of Torres: "I came on a free when we were in League 2 and he's cost £50m. I didn't give him a yard".

When Gary Monk is effectively saying that he's had your striker in his pocket, things are terrible wrong. Can you imagine someone saying that about Costa? Maybe. But I doubt they'd be looking forward to facing him next time. They might be missing some teeth.

Remember when Benitez tried to get into Didier head? During the CL in 2008. It backfired massively: (0.30s)

This is what we need again. Fear.

I agree with Iseah. I think he will do well. As other people have mentioned in previous posts. He is the cunt of a striker we need. Someone to bully defenders, stick elbows in ribs and knock people to the floor with just a shoulder charge.02someone who just doesn't give a shit who he upsets as long as he get's his goal. Defenders are not going to look forward to coming up against him. For me that's what we have been crying out for since Didier left.

Exactly. We need those defenders to fear our strikers again, either by skill or pure physical confrontation. Fear!!

I remember last year (12-13) when Gary Monk, I repeat, Gary Monk said of Torres: "I came on a free when we were in League 2 and he's cost £50m. I didn't give him a yard".

When Gary Monk is effectively saying that he's had your striker in his pocket, things are terrible wrong. Can you imagine someone saying that about Costa? Maybe. But I doubt they'd be looking forward to facing him next time. They might be missing some teeth.

Remember when Benitez tried to get into Didier head? During the CL in 2008. It backfired massively: (0.30s)

This is what we need again. Fear.

After Diego Costa starts doing the same for us Wenger will then come out and says he could have signed for Arsenal just like Yaya/Hazard/Drogba/Ibra...etc :ph34r:

I think the important thing to note is that we don't need Costa to score 30 goals to win the league. We were a hair's breadth away with Torres/Eto'o/Ba, and they combined for a pitiful total. I don't see Costa scoring less than 15 goals in the league and, provided some of those goals turn 0-0 draws into 1-0 wins, then I see that as being good enough. Drogba wasn't the most prolific striker, but he sure as hell scored some crucial goals. That's what our current team needs more than anything else.

I think the important thing to note is that we don't need Costa to score 30 goals to win the league. We were a hair's breadth away with Torres/Eto'o/Ba, and they combined for a pitiful total. I don't see Costa scoring less than 15 goals in the league and, provided some of those goals turn 0-0 draws into 1-0 wins, then I see that as being good enough. Drogba wasn't the most prolific striker, but he sure as hell scored some crucial goals. That's what our current team needs more than anything else.

This. Tbh I'd be happy if he scores more than 20 goals. It's still much more than Torres etc.

The day is upon us ladies and gentlemen.

If it is not announced today I think TalkChelsea should set up some therapy sessions for us all.

We should be signing Costa, Luis and Fabregas. All TODAY !

according to the media atleast.

Although just imagine it really happening.. crazy stuff.

Remember when Benitez tried to get into Didier head? During the CL in 2008. It backfired massively

If only Costa was as good as Drogba, I'd agree