Diego Costa

Spike

No matter how small or big the injury, we must now be very cautious in our approach in this one. I wouldn't be too surprised if the club has put the brakes on and are ready to watch things pan out during the WC.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Falcao's name resurface towards the end of the WC if we haven't made a move for anyone.

As a person who played football for 15 years in a club with a physio in it I can say that hamstring injuries (of the kind Costa had) require above all rest. I had the same type of injury twice, and both times I tried to rush back and got re-injured within minutes. The second time I doubled the recommended rest (rested for one month with treatment), and I have never had any problems since. Maybe I got lucky, but I would never ever consider a hamstring injury to be even close to the type of injury Torres had or Falcao has.

The best thing would be if Costa skipped the World cup, but as it is unlikely I at least hope he does not play in the first two games.
It should at any rate not be too big an issue when considering signing him.

@SportsCenter: Spain's Diego Costa has a muscle tear in his right leg, which raises doubts he will make World Cup squad.

Okay, now be cautious.

I just hope if the injury is quite worse, Del Bosque do not force him to be included in Spain squad. Just give him a rest for several weeks and I think he will be fine for us.

That would be a blow to him, he might never make it to another WC again considering how strong Spain are and now basically he put the middle finger up at Brazil face he won't ever get in for them either. That might damage him mentally as well which could affect his form next season.

That would be a blow to him, he might never make it to another WC again considering how strong Spain are and now basically he put the middle finger up at Brazil face he won't ever get in for them either. That might damage him mentally as well which could affect his form next season.

I don't think there are many striker competitions with the same level as him for Spain. Next WC he will be 29. Torres, Villa will be gone by then. Maybe just Llorente and Negredo as a potential rivals. I see Pedro more like a winger.

Personally, I am not even sure whether Costa wasn't a boy of one great season.

Will he duplicate the same results for Chelsea in the next season, if signed?

No way to ever know that. The thing is if he does have another season like this and we don't sign him the price is now double.

No way to ever know that. The thing is if he does have another season like this and we don't sign him the price is now double.

Of course, there is no way to know it. However, I look at his stats of the previous season, I do not see any indication of him being a prolific goal scorer for a sustained period of time. Was he a flash in the pen only?

Costa is 29 years old, but looks like he was through a windmill, to me.

If he comes, I assume a 5 year contract will be offered to him. Now, 29 plus 5 = 34 years. Lol.

Of course, there is no way to know it. However, I look at his stats of the previous season, I do not see any indication of him being a prolific goal scorer for a sustained period of time. Was he a flash in the pen only?

2011-12 he scored 10 goals in 16 games with Vallecano. Not too impressive.

The following year with Atletico he scored 20 goals in 44 games despite not being the main striker, obviously behind Falcao. This year was his first full chance to lead a line and he scored 36 goals in 51 games.. He may be a flash in the pan, but I'm not so sure.

2011-12 he scored 10 goals in 16 games with Vallecano. Not too impressive.

The following year with Atletico he scored 20 goals in 44 games despite not being the main striker, obviously behind Falcao. This year was his first full chance to lead a line and he scored 36 goals in 51 games.. He may be a flash in the pan, but I'm not so sure.

Compare Lukaku & he is already signed. What´s the better deal?

If he comes, I assume a 5 year contract will be offered to him. Now, 29 plus 5 = 34 years. Lol.

He's 25 years old.

Diego Costa is 25. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Costa

And for me a striker hits his prime at 25, the reason you can't look back and see him score boatloads is because these are the years that those sorts of performances start to happen. Look at Cavani and Falcao for more evidence.

29? :lol: where did you get that from? He's 25.