Diego Costa

Spike

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2014-05-27/simeone-le-deja-claro-a-gil-marin-que-esta-muy-encima-de-la-nueva-planificacion_137021/

This article says that Costa and Atleti are trying to get him out of the pre-contract he signed with us.

If Costa doesn't want to play for us then we shouln't sign him.

Seems totally legit... :chai:

lol

Even if it were legit I personally wouldn't lose sleep over it. Wouldn't be overly excited by him signing and won't be devastated or anything if he doesn't.

Just throw money at PSG for Cavani. They could use the money to fund a move for Yaya.

I see you are still smoking that ganja.

I'll never stop... only a moron continues to comment on something he/she knows nothing about. This is the DIEGO COSTA thread, you don't even know who he is...

I see more insults. So fuck off!

I'm telling you now, both lay off or warnings are on the way.

End it now.

If this is true and I have strong suspicions of the contrary, I would let him go back to Atleti... I only want players who WANT to be here.

what about Courtois then who openly said he doesnt have any emotional connections with Chelsea and wants a guaranteed first place at the club over a club legend ?

It is not just them though but over next 4 years there will be more strikers breaking through. If Spain's best options in 4 years are the likes of Negredo and Llorente then they are in trouble.

Costa will be in his peak at 29. With his age right now, I believe he will still have a great chance for the next WC, if he can maintain his form, regardless any striker Spanish have or any wonderkid that would appear.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2014-05-27/simeone-le-deja-claro-a-gil-marin-que-esta-muy-encima-de-la-nueva-planificacion_137021/

This article says that Costa and Atleti are trying to get him out of the pre-contract he signed with us. If this is true, Atleti really fucked us, we loaned Courtois to them for 3 years, let him play in the CL semi,...

WTH they're trying to do? They are acting like a child. If they broke Costa transfer, Courtois will never go to Atletico again.

Costa will be in his peak at 29. With his age right now, I believe he will still have a great chance for the next WC, if he can maintain his form, regardless any striker Spanish have or any wonderkid that would appear.

Yep I agree but the odd really isn't in his favor though with age...etc. Also Del Bosque will retire after WC 2014 so who knows if the new Spain manager by then still fancy him, we seen countless examples of players like Nasri, Coutinho, Felipe Luis, Miranda...etc not going to WC this summer despite having best season of their careers because they aren't fancied by their managers. Either way it must be a very disappointing new for Diego if he is gonna miss the WC.

How can he "break" the contract if he's already signed it...

Not official yet, that is why it is called pre-contract I guess. Basically similar with the likes of Mikel, Willian. Players that are just a medical away from signing with the club. As long as nothing is official anyone can still pull out.

Yep I agree but the odd really isn't in his favor though with age...etc. Also Del Bosque will retire after WC 2014 so who knows if the new Spain manager by then still fancy him, we seen countless examples of players like Nasri, Coutinho, Felipe Luis, Miranda...etc not going to WC this summer despite having best season of their careers because they aren't fancied by their managers. Either way it must be a very disappointing new for Diego if he is gonna miss the WC.

I see your point there. Plus he is just eligible to play for Spain recently, it must be hard for him to not involved in WC in one of his best season so far. It depend on him though if he could maintain his form over the next years. At least he could aim for EURO 2016 first :)

Bollocks.

He'll be like a rabid dog now that he had a sniff at that Champions League trophy. Appetite comes with eating and he knows Atletico Madrid isn't the place to satisfy his need. He has to leave in order to have a chance to play another Final and he knows Chelsea is one of those teams that will lift the trophy once again in the next years.

Why would he want to stay in Spain anymore? He has won everything there.

This is Atletico Madrid wanting to force Mourinho's hand to let Courtois stay in Madrid for another year or two and maybe include Lukaku in that deal, too.

Bollocks.

He'll be like a rabid dog now that he had a sniff at that Champions League trophy. Appetite comes with eating and he knows Atletico Madrid isn't the place to satisfy his need. He has to leave in order to have a chance to play another Final and he knows Chelsea is one of those teams that will lift the trophy once again in the next years.

Why would he want to stay in Spain anymore? He has won everything there.

This is Atletico Madrid wanting to force Mourinho's hand to let Courtois stay in Madrid for another year or two and maybe include Lukaku in that deal, too.

Don't they know? Mou doesn't bend to anybody.

@ChelsTransfer 1m

Now Spanish AS are also reporting board informed Simeone there was no need to sell Diego Costa but "very difficult" to retain Courtois. #CFC

@ChelsTransfer: Simeone has turned his sights to Estudiantes youngster Geronimo Rulli - also watched by #MCFC available for as little as £6.5m (Mirror) #CFC

Atletico is hungry enough to get into the final of the CL competition, just maybe even next season.

The team doesn't want Costa or Courtois to leave.

BVB and Atleti are the same. Somehow they'll still compete for trophies no matter who leaves football version of the Cardinals.

@ChelsTransfer: Simeone has turned his sights to Estudiantes youngster Geronimo Rulli - also watched by #MCFC available for as little as £6.5m (Mirror) #CFC

BVB and Atleti are the same. Somehow they'll still compete for trophies no matter who leaves football version of the Cardinals.

I don´t think Costa really wants to leave.

what about Courtois then who openly said he doesnt have any emotional connections with Chelsea and wants a guaranteed first place at the club over a club legend ?

Where that come from ? He said he has a great emotional bond with Chelsea, well that's what I read in the original interview here: http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/diablesrouges/courtois-il-faudra-trouver-une-solution-538217d335704f05d69ce936 .

""Je n’ai jamais dit que je ne voulais pas aller à Chelsea. J’ai un lien très affectif avec ce club." "Mais j’ai envie de gagner des trophées et des finales avec Chelsea"

"I never said I don't want to come back to Chelsea, I have a great emotional link with this club. " I want to win trophy and finals with Chelsea."

You should never trust the things english press write, they just take information on Courtois in AS/Marca, and these two are really connected with the Madrid clubs, they will do everything the presidents of those clubs ask them to do.