Diego Costa

Spike

No not the posts where people just outright telling us not to sign Costa but my post

Actually how would they be able to tell with Costa considering no one knows how serious he has been injured? Yes it looks like a grade 1 hamstring atm but then again he hasn't been fully fit for nearly 2 months(since that game against Barca in CL 1st leg) so it is clearly taking more than normal time to heal for him.

my posts were about these people. specially about people who are comparing torres and costa.

torres was a panic buy. a very very poor panic buy. he was already on the decline. mean while our board and manager have accessed the situation here and come to the conclusion that costa is the best man available. i would trust their judgement than these posters.

my posts were about these people. specially about people who are comparing torres and costa.

torres was a panic buy. a very very poor panic buy. he was already on the decline. mean while our board and manager have accessed the situation here and come to the conclusion that costa is the best man available. i would trust their judgement than these posters.

Don't you know? Bushman works for Chelsea, he's giving us inside info, he doesn't want Costa so we aren't getting him. He's also why we sold Luiz.

Seriously though, Chelsea's people have evaluated everything, they're not stupid. They know what they're doing.

Why not set his salary, buy fee before, but wait for the medical after the world cup? Why is it not possible?

Probably because his agent would anticipate a stock rise upon his World Cup performance and use that.. It would give him the bargaining power.

so from now on, every striker signing will be started with "what if he does a torres". brilliant. judge a signing on what torres has done rather than seeing for urself how different the players are in style, fight, passion and almost every bloody sense.

some posters footballing knowldge is exactly 0.

That's not true at all.. The concern is how Costa will treat the injury. Whether he/Spain will rush the treatment in order to get him fit or whether they will allow a natural recovery. Del Bosque has delayed naming his squad now till 2nd June which gives Costa 8 days to prove his fitness.. Cuts it a bit fine tbh.

For ACL right? Those aren't as bad as they used to be, especially when you're young. With everyones thought process on here we should sell.Hazard before he gets hurt again because it could be a recurring thing. Let's not get Vidal cause he's probably been injured before. Modric too, Shaw could get injured.

To this, I'd say see above to my response to 'didierforever', the issue is not "he could get injured" it's "he is injured, will he recover in a good way?"

Well chaps,

According to Atletico chief Angel Gil he has told Costa the club only sell him if he wants to leave. That to me means, Costa needs to put in a request. Let´s see what happens now.

It was always up to Costa anyway, he has a buy-out clause, we meet that and there is fuck all Angel Gil, Diego Simeone or anyone else at Atletico can do if Costa wants to leave.

It was always up to Costa anyway, he has a buy-out clause, we meet that and there is fuck all Angel Gil, Diego Simeone or anyone else at Atletico can do if Costa wants to leave.

Are you sure you are reading it attentively?

Let me try again. Gil does not want to sell him. Costa has to decide whether he wants to leave.

Let me try again. Gil does not want to sell him. Costa has to decide whether he wants to leave.

Let me try again. It does not matter how Gil feels. He has a buy-out clause. We activate that and its up to Costa as to what he wants to do. That was always the case. Atletico don't really have a say in the matter so whether they don't want to sell or not its up to Gil.

Let me try again. It does not matter how Gil feels. He has a buy-out clause. We activate that and its up to Costa as to what he wants to do. That was always the case. Atletico don't really have a say in the matter so whether they don't want to sell or not its up to Gil.

OK, thanks for your bombastic posting.

Since I already explained it, it´s up to Costa to decide & you agreed, why all this huffy-puffy attitude?

Im just a bit grumpy this morning, my bad...I was just making the point that Gil really is pretty insignificant in all this. i think it would difficult to persuade Costa to stay at Atletico, we can obviously offer him more financially. So yes, it really is just a question of whether he wants to come here or not, I don't really see why he wouldn't.

Im just a bit grumpy this morning, my bad...I was just making the point that Gil really is pretty insignificant in all this. i think it would difficult to persuade Costa to stay at Atletico, we can obviously offer him more financially. So yes, it really is just a question of whether he wants to come here or not, I don't really see why he wouldn't.

All right. Many greetings to South Africa. Keep on trucking.