Diego Costa

Spike

I've been away, has there been any more developments on this?

Only Atletico Madrid president saying they will do everything to keep him, but if the player will ask to leave, then Atletico won't stay in his way.

That's basically the way a release clause works in Spain - you deal with the player first, then with the club. He (Diego Costa) has to pay his way out.

You pay Diego Costa the money, then he triggers (his own) release clause. I know, fucked up thing, but that's the way things work in Spain.

Everytime he doesn't play, athletico suffer in attack. Villa just can't push up with strength and speed and provide energy like costa does, he is more valuable to them than I thought.

Yea but they'll be able to replace him as they've always done.. They'll reinvest that money from Costa on another upcoming/established striker who they'll then repeat the cycle with

Yea but they'll be able to replace him as they've always done.. They'll reinvest that money from Costa on another upcoming/established striker who they'll then repeat the cycle with

lets just buy their fucking scout. they mess about with Costa, lets go for their replacement as well - Carlos Bacca !

lets just buy their fucking scout. they mess about with Costa, lets go for their replacement as well - Carlos Bacca !

Someone said this before and to be fair their recent success in the striker department have been players already established as that good. Aguero & Falcao most prominently.

Only Atletico Madrid president saying they will do everything to keep him, but if the player will ask to leave, then Atletico won't stay in his way.

That's basically the way a release clause works in Spain - you deal with the player first, then with the club. He (Diego Costa) has to pay his way out.

You pay Diego Costa the money, then he triggers (his own) release clause. I know, fucked up thing, but that's the way things work in Spain.

Is that only in spain?

Cause Wenger activated the clause for Suarez and Liverpool didn't sell, cause they didn't want to.

True. Amazing how they keep on finding good ones. Get those scouts!!

Is that only in spain?

Cause Wenger activated the clause for Suarez and Liverpool didn't sell, cause they didn't want to.

Well Henry admitted they lied about the clause to the media.. In private I'm sure they told Suarez as they be contractually obliged to.

Is that only in spain?

From what I know, yes, Spain has this rule. The release clause is actually the amount of money a player has to pay to the club to buy his way out.

It's like this - Chelsea will send €39m to Diego Costa's account. From that account the money will go to Atletico Madrid's account. That's basically Diego Costa paying for his transfer.

Strange situation I know, but if you want to deal with Spanish football clubs you have to deal with Spanish Government too. Their country, their rules :)

femoral bicep tear. Proceed with caution, Chelsea....

At least its not ligaments or tendons that seem to be the problem, I honestly think he just needs it to be properly rested and then strengthening. Our physios are definitely some of the best in the business so im sure they will have in tip top condition. I found this article on sportsinjurybulletin.com regarding hamstring rehabilitation and by the sounds of it, Atletico just kept rushing him back too soon:

Hamstring injuries can be one of the most debilitating and frustrating of all muscle injuries for athletes involved in sports requiring top-end speed. The difficulty with managing hamstrings is particularly evident in minor ‘Grade 1’-type strains. Is it true muscle pathology or is it a ‘neural hamstring’ mimicking muscle pathology? Differentiating the cause of posterior thigh pain can be an overwhelming clinical challenge. Furthermore, there is a wide practical gap between clinical treatment and a full return of the athlete to sport. In short, therapists must ask themselves, first, are they treating the right thing, and second, are they letting the athletes come back too early? To put this into perspective, recent statistical studies in Australia on injury types and injury frequencies have shown that 25% of hamstring injuries will recur in the first four weeks. To the optimist, this means that 75% of hamstrings you think are right to return to sport will do well. To the pessimist, this means that there is a 25% chance of re-injury and going back to square one.