Diego Costa

Spike

I'd be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I think Costa for 32million is a better signing than Cavani for 50 plus million, and I say this as a very, very big Cavani fan.

But if these rumors are true and Costa doesn't want to come here or Atleti are refusing to sell or whatever, then so be it. My only hope is that 1. We don't pursue Mandzukic as an alternative. That would be majorly underwhelming, and 2.) We bring back Courtois. I don't care how big of love affair he's developed for Atleti. It's now at a point where this arrangement is no longer beneficial to us.

When they decided to sell Falcao and we were in desperate need of a top striker, it's not like they even gave us a first refusal option. They also didn't honor the loan agreement for the payment fee, and Courtois played against us at no cost to them. Now they're trying to prey on Courtois' attachment to Atletico as a way to push our hand into loaning them an elite keeper for a fourth year. What the hell are we getting out of this partnership? A measly 1 million loan fee? They're trying to milk us.

They can't keep expecting us to hand them the services of a top keeper while they only have to pay peanuts.

Both Balotelli and Martinez are hardly massive upgrades.

In term of this season performance no, but in term of potential and ability definitely as long as Jose can help to integrate them in the team. Jackson Martinez especially is capable imo, he is a very good striker but not tested enough at highest level. But he got pace, skill, good shoot, can hold the ball up for team mates...etc. He is always useful as the last resort.

I'd be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I think Costa for 32million is a better signing than Cavani for 50 plus million, and I say this as a very, very big Cavani fan.

But if these rumors are true and Costa doesn't want to come here or Atleti are refusing to sell or whatever, then so be it. My only hope is that 1. We don't pursue Mandzukic as an alternative. That would be majorly underwhelming, and 2.) We bring back Courtois. I don't care how big of love affair he's developed for Atleti. It's now at a point where this arrangement is no longer beneficial to us.

When they decided to sell Falcao and we were in desperate need of a top striker, it's not like they even gave us a first refusal option. They also didn't honor the contract agreement for the payment fee, and Courtois played against us at no cost to them. Now they're trying to prey on Courtois' attachment to their club as a way to push our hand into loaning them an elite keeper for a fourth year. What the hell are we getting out of this partnership? A measly 1 million loan fee? They're trying to milk us.

They can't keep expecting us to hand them the services of a top keeper while they only have to pay peanuts.

Spot on. Courtois is Chelsea's player, fuck his attachment to Atleti. He needs to come back. Now they are trying to back out of another contract? Fuck them. Take our keeper back and let them replace him. And they want Lukaku on loan? What are we, stupid? We shouldn't help them anymore, they haven't helped us.

#Atletico Madrid have signed striker Angel Correa from San Lorenzo for €7million on a 5 year contract. #CFC (via @DiMarzio)

Atlético de Madrid@Atleti 1 hr

Acuerdo con @SanLorenzo por Ángel Correa http://ow.ly/xjSqq #Atleti

#Atletico Madrid have signed striker Angel Correa from San Lorenzo for 7million on a 5 year contract. #CFC (via @DiMarzio)

Atlético de Madrid@Atleti 1 hr

Acuerdo con @SanLorenzo por Ángel Correa http://ow.ly/xjSqq #Atleti

He's not exactly a striker... More a number 10 that can play up front if needed. Wouldn't say he's Costa's replacement. More like Villa's (I.e. the second striker) long term replacement.

So were getting costa ??? Anything official yet???

No. Don't be surprised if Costa end up playing in any club in the world but Chelsea, next season.

Last year Falcao to Chelsea was a done deal, and days ago Barcelona was David Luiz's destiny, according to press.

No. Don't be surprised if Costa end up playing in any club in the world but Chelsea, next season.

Last year Falcao to Chelsea was a done deal, and days ago Barcelona was David Luiz's destiny, according to press.

Have to agree about the falcao story from last year. For some reason i never really thought that luiz to barca was going to happen.the luiz to PSG story actually picked up steam really fast, about 2 to 3 days and then both clubs confirmed the agreement. There's no doubt in my mind that either, costa manzukic, lavezxi or cavani will sign for us.

So, there was a meeting between the representatives of Atletico and Jorge Mendes, the super agent, yesterday.

Miguel Angel Gil, the president of Atletico, told Jorge Mendes that he has put his faith in him to find replacements for Courtois, Tiago Mendes, Diego Costa, Filipe Luis and Miranda. This are the priorities as Courtois, Tiago Mendes, Diego Costa and Filipe will be at Chelsea in the next season and Miranda is wanted by Barcelona and United and they will surely trigger his release clause. Also they will need to find replacements for Diego Ribas and Insua.

They signed Angel Correa from Argentina and Jorge Mendes advised them to go for Pepe Reina, Mangala, Soldado and Immobile for now.

So, there was a meeting between the representatives of Atletico and Jorge Mendes, the super agent, yesterday.

Miguel Angel Gil, the president of Atletico, told Jorge Mendes that he has put his faith in him to find replacements for Courtois, Tiago Mendes, Diego Costa, Filipe Luis and Miranda. This are the priorities as Courtois, Tiago Mendes, Diego Costa and Filipe will be at Chelsea in the next season and Miranda is wanted by Barcelona and United and they will surely trigger his release clause. Also they will need to find replacements for Diego Ribas and Insua.

They signed Angel Correa from Argentina and Jorge Mendes advised them to go for Pepe Reina, Mangala, Soldado and Immobile for now.

That is some highly classified insight knowledge you got there LOL, any chance of a source?

Atletico Madrid are dominating the headlines both in England and Spain. Contrasting reports about centre-half Miranda with reports claiming both Manchester United and Barcelona have stepped up an interest. With Diego Costa and Felipe Luis looking Chelsea bound, reports claim that Roberto Soldado and Guilherme Siqueira are their preferred options to replace them.