Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

You realy changed opinion on this guy :D

Not just how you look at him then and now, but also his history. Before he was officialy ours, you said that he isnt good enough to play here, that he dipps in form, that he isnt big game player etc. Now you say that all that was because he was playing in wrong system.

Oh them girls :halo:

---

I disliked him too before as a person, not realy as player (I was realy hoping we will buy him before he joined barca). And now I like him as person too. But thing is, let wait before making too big opinions on specific players. I have my reservations on him, first I want him to play at least full season here, see what we achieve and what role he plays in it. Then I will wank on him etc. He is in good form, but to say he is best transfer ever is funny IMO. Atm I rate Drogba, Lamps etc much better transfers for sheer fact of their influence in us winning stuff. ATM Cesc won nothing with us yet and I will start with this jumping on bandwagon then.

I know if someone performs fantastic, your expectations grow in sky. And the bigger expectations, the bigger dissapointment. So lets just wait how he does in longer run first.

hehehe I remember how many hated him because of his personality. He was like a Mourinho talking nonsense against us.

To be fair I was in the same camp with some players until I was humiliated by Torres.

Since then I don't care how jerk the guy is. Even if he bites players like Suarez.

As long as they good they are alright in my book.

Especially the passion is what counts more.

The more we play him in CM, especially away from home the more yellow cards he is going to pick up. He is already on 7 and if Mourinho plays him there it is inevitable that he picks up the accumulator of 10 yellow cards which will lead to a 2 game suspension and that I dread.

Offensively I thought he was okayish. Trying too much at times when the opportunity just wasn't there - trying to find passes out of nowhere - otherwise not too bad. I thought his defensive positioning in this game was a bit off though, left holes behind many, many times. Especially in the second half when we were chasing the game, it was a one man pivot for most of those last 45 minutes, if you add to that the fact Matic wasn't having the game of his life and Iva/Cahill were non existent you have the recipe for disaster. I still haven't figured who was supposed to stick there with Matic after Ramires came on, but it certainly wasn't neither Cesc or Ramires.

Offensively I thought he was okayish. Trying too much at times when the opportunity just wasn't there - trying to find passes out of nowhere - otherwise not too bad. I thought his defensive positioning in this game was a bit off though, left holes behind many, many times. Especially in the second half when we were chasing the game, it was a one man pivot for most of those last 45 minutes, if you add to that the fact Matic wasn't having the game of his life and Iva/Cahill were non existent you have the recipe for disaster. I still haven't figured who was supposed to stick there with Matic after Ramires came on, but it certainly wasn't neither Cesc or Ramires.

Agreed, it's as if he thought he had something to prove by being a former Arsenal player whereas in reality if he'd have played to his normal tune we might have been able to profit from his usually-sexually-good set-piece deliveries.

Agreed, it's as if he thought he had something to prove by being a former Arsenal player whereas in reality if he'd have played to his normal tune we might have been able to profit from his usually-sexually-good set-piece deliveries.

He was more wound up today than I've seen him be for us. I think you've hit the nail on the head with that point because he was visibly sacrificing his tactical awareness and positioning to try and score and create at any cost. I mean it was great to see, he was really passionate about trying to rescue the game.. You could see him constantly appealing decisions (which could've got him s/o, thankfully Dowd used Terry to calm him down)

He was more wound up today than I've seen him be for us. I think you've hit the nail on the head with that point because he was visibly sacrificing his tactical awareness and positioning to try and score and create at any cost. I mean it was great to see, he was really passionate about trying to rescue the game.. You could see him constantly appealing decisions (which could've got him s/o, thankfully Dowd used Terry to calm him down)

Captaincy material, IMO.

He didn't have a great game but it showed his character.