Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

No it doesn't. We had over a week off before PSG and he still played crap for that game. Not as bad against Southampton but close.

True, it didn't help him much.

But luckily Hull don't have Matuidi, Verratti, and Thiago Motta in midfield so Fabregas should be able to get back on track here. He really needs to up his level or we seriously risk throwing away the title.

In his current form I don't see it, but he has a good chance with us playing leicester, hull,QPR, and Arsenal before the season is up.

The thing is, he's not even racking up the assist from set pieces anymore.

Since no one will say it, I will. when he's off form, like he has been for sometime now and in majority of the big games this season, his technical ability is no better than ramires which is quite strange. He plays like a typical spanish midfield maestro when on form and turns into a donkey quite literally when off it. Normally when players are off form they still retain their technique, this is not the case with Fabregas. What's worse is that he has no physical presence or pace to rely on when the touches and passes aren't working out.

Cesc is overworked, matic can't get forward. And the only alternative is a guy who can't control a football. Ake could help this mess , he has never looked off the pace , but is criminally underused, and won't be given a chance now

Still recovering from injury i guess.

Seriously for such midfield maestro, he has the worst hold up and ball control i have seen. Cant keep the ball at his feet to save his life.

At arsenal he was at least waay more mobile, agressive, direct, faster. Now he lost all that too.

A player to win you small games, to rack up statistics, but not a player to win you big games and cup competitions.

38 year old Totti gives more passion and motion to his team than Fabregas.

It's real simple, Fabregas relies on passes more than anything, when we face teams that are using at least 9-10 players inside and around the box to defend and our own players are not clever in their movement he can't excel. We saw a few glimpses of first half of the season Fabregas in the second half when we attacked with way more intensity and better movement. On top of that, most of the players in front of Cesc prefer to play with the ball at their feet, their first instinct is not to make runs (bar Costa, who seems to position himself wide often in the matches for some reason making us have 0 runners inside the box), I mean, Hazard does it occasionally but you can see clearly it's not the first thing on his mind, the same with William and Oscar really isn't a pro footballer right now.

Our offensive moves are really lacking, I'm not really sure what our players do during training but they're certainly not being coached in the way we build our attacks slow, predictable, no overlapping, no one running into space.

Exactly. If the movement was practiced, everyone would know what to do when we attack and the attacking play would be more fluid and quick. Even if it's just a simple move, once its done at a high tempo, you'll confuse defenders easily.

Our offensive moves are really lacking, I'm not really sure what our players do during training but they're certainly not being coached in the way we build our attacks – slow, predictable, no overlapping, no one running into space.

But I still remember our beautiful play against Real Sociedad at the Bridge in the last pre-season game. Some movements oozed of quality and for 30 minutes spell we played extraordinary football, probably the best at home for a long, long time.

Why we can't replicate that now is another thing. Everyone seem burned out.

Both Fabregas and Matic on 9 domestic yellow cards. Pick up 1 more and they'll be suspended for 2 matches.

Must avoid getting one in either the next 2 games (against Stoke + QPR). After 2nd weekend of April, will need 15 YCs to pick up suspension instead.

Both Fabregas and Matic on 9 domestic yellow cards. Pick up 1 more and they'll be suspended for 2 matches.

Must avoid getting one in either the next 2 games (against Stoke + QPR). After 2nd weekend of April, will need 15 YCs to pick up suspension.

just imagine if both get a yellow each in the QPR game. :lol: