The Board

50 minutes ago, milka said:

The downfall of Chelsea Football Club

2024-09-07-130230.png

This is basically why I’m on here and not Reddit or twitter. Those platforms since they attract way higher number of kids than here, and I guess certain types of adults, the knee jerk there pffffff, no understanding whatsoever of what “form” is, or foresight re how lots of pieces do or don’t work together, and which pieces are what value. Just clueless, majority of fans who pined for everything we’ve had since. 

Boehly has experience with top sporting teams. The others don’t. Literally, end of. In the department of, who is better. 

But no, Boehly will be gone. That’s not a question. Not at all. This is a business. There are more people on one side, vs the other in there. End of. It’s already known who owns more, who has more say, who xyz. No idea why on earth it’s even been in the air for 3 seconds, the idea that Boehly will buy CFC 😹😹😹😹😹😹😹That is not what he does. Even in his Dodgers and NBA investments he hardly does much. Egh WANTS a team. You see in his eyes that his mind is on fire in rage and confusion all the time, a constant (I don’t like it) emotional reaction to the club. He is obviously the one who wants to be here more. Boehly has had the premier league experience, had his nice dinners. 0 reason to stay longer ATP. 

15 hours ago, Pizy said:

I’m betting that Eghbali and Clearlake will buy Boehly out. 

Anyone and there are many, betting on one guy who doesn’t have the cash, already tapped his partners to raise current smaller stake, somehow is going to buy out the majority owners, who have more money, and more people invested. Jesus Christ lol. Indeed I agree w your statement as all should. Like come on. Seriously. Seriously. Seriously. 

15 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I hope Eghbali wins out. All the improvements in ownership structure has come from his people.

There is no improvement vs prior to takeover. They have instilled nothing but instability. Boehly first year handling transfers with 0 sporting director instilled by Clearlake is no stain of his cleared up by Eghbali and his people. I think you’re genuinely misinformed or confused lol 

It’s also obvious the others are heavy handed, where Boehly has some grace. He will bow out. He isn’t that type of personality. Which is better for him, bad for us. He is probably already gone in all but dotted lines on the £ side. 

Edited by IMissEden

1 hour ago, We Hate Scouse said:

I think either way it's a concerning step for the club, however, Boehly is definitely the lesser of two evils.

Everyone not seeing that nuance should be banned strictly for bringing the boat down 

17 hours ago, TheHulk said:

What a project, already want out. Both are equally trash, can't say who buying who is better.

I think Boehly is a genuinely nice bloke, but he just does not understand football enough at this point.

He should have purchased a smaller club and learned from his mistakes there, instead of buying a top 5 to 7 or so club on the planet and making hundreds of millions of pounds in blunders here.

Clearlake are just mercenary hedge funders looking to turn a profit by inventing some new paradigm of club ownership, structure, and transfer policy (which is NOT working atm).

I will say it again (as I did when all the different groups were bidding for us)

I so wish Nick Candy had hooked up as the front for the Kuwaitis (or some other massive state fund in the gulf) and bought us

life-long Chels lad, and knows how to get shit done the proper way, especially the new stadium (as he made his billion plus as a huge property developer)

Edited by Vesper

Fears of civil war at Chelsea as Todd Boehly’s relationship with Clearlake reaches breaking point

Exclusive: Boehly confident he can raise sufficient capital – more than £2.5bn – for takeover bid but Clearlake adamant it will not sell

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/09/07/civil-war-fears-Chelsea-boehly-relationship-clearlake-brink/

Matt Law, Football News Correspondent

7 September 2024 • 1:17pm

TELEMMGLPICT000368080908_17257111169400_

Todd Boehly believes his working relationship with Chelsea co-owners Clearlake Capital is at breaking point and that a resolution must be found to avoid a Stamford Bridge civil war.

Clearlake and Boehly are prepared to buy each other out, with Boehly and his partners said to have the available resources to fund a full takeover. Clearlake have insisted they will not sell any shares.

Behdad Eghbali and Jose E Feliciano own Clearlake and are co-owners of Chelsea with Boehly, the American billionaire, who also has a stake in the LA Dodgers.

As reported by Telegraph Sport, Clearlake are adamant they will not sell any of their 61.5 per cent stake and will not allow Chelsea to go up for auction again – just over two years since Roman Abramovich was forced to sell the club.

It has now emerged that Boehly believes he can quickly raise over £2.5 billion to make an offer to Clearlake that would also give Chelsea’s majority shareholder a profit on their initial investment

Investors are said to be ready to back Boehly, who is believed to have a 20 to 30-year vision in Chelsea, which would include a new stadium.

But an offer, however big, could fall on deaf ears if Clearlake maintain their not-for-sale stance.

Clearlake view their investment in Chelsea as a decade-plus commitment and want to increase their stake, while Boehly sees his involvement as lasting up to three decades.

Following a cultural divide opening up between Chelsea’s owners, Boehly has come to the conclusion that the current structure has become untenable and that a resolution needs to be found as quickly as possible.

Boehly’s side of the club owns 38.5 per cent that is split equally between himself, Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter, who have invested around £1 billion of their own money.

There is said to be no prospect of Boehly selling his stake on its own to Eghbali and Feliciano, which means Clearlake would also have to buy out Wyss and Walter at a total cost of more than £1.5 billion, accounting for each man making a profit.

As part of their contract of co-ownership, Clearlake and Boehly both have matching rights and blocking options if either side puts their stake in Chelsea up for sale or attempts to sell to a third party.

While there have been claims that the relationship between Boehly and Clearlake remains professional, there are irreconcilable differences in opinion over the direction of travel and culture of the club.

Should nothing change, then there is an increasing sense that a civil war could break out that could be incredibly damaging for Chelsea on and off the pitch.

While Boehly’s plan is said to have been to spend the first year of ownership putting a team in place to run Chelsea before stepping back from the day-to-day management, Eghbali has preferred a more hands-on approach over the past 18 months and works closely with sporting directors Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart.

There have been constant changes to the management structure since the Boehly-Clearlake takeover, with former chief executive Chris Jurasek, who has worked for Clearlake for the past 10 years, becoming the latest high-profile departure.

All major decisions have to be signed off by Eghbali, Feliciano and Boehly, which possibly explains why there has been no significant progress on the plans for Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge stadium.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport in March, Chelsea’s owners can pass the chairmanship, which is currently held by Boehly, between them every five years as part of an extraordinary written agreement.

Clearlake intend to nominate their own representative to take the chairmanship at the earliest opportunity in 2027, but it now seems certain that the ownership structure will change before then.

2 hours ago, IMissEden said:

There is no improvement vs prior to takeover. They have instilled nothing but instability. Boehly first year handling transfers with 0 sporting director instilled by Clearlake is no stain of his cleared up by Eghbali and his people. I think you’re genuinely misinformed or confused lol 

Under Boehly the 1 billion in money promised was being blown through with nothing to show but severely over paid players that flopped. He was also in no hurry to set up the core people to run the club. All the people that are running the club currently were set up by Eghbali.

Please do point out what structure Boehly put in place