Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

Lol, so one good cross eliminates all the other bad crosses/killing our play in the final third he's done this season. Alright mate.

Read what I'm saying. Azpi got the same criticism for his crosses last year and I defended him the same. Go and look in his thread if you don't believe me 'mate'.

Read what I'm saying. Azpi got the same criticism for his crosses last year and I defended him the same. Go and look in his thread if you don't believe me 'mate'.

And I defended him as well because he at least got it into dangerous areas but I still maintain that Ivanovic kills a lot of our attacks and is below par offensively.

Height, movement, call it what you want. Sunderland are doing well getting bodies back.

But yeah, the problem is Ivanovic because...well why not?

I seem to recall you spouting the same stuff last week despite him crossing beautifully for Salah who managed to fuck it up. Then when Ba came on in the second he hit another one for him.

Same tedious shit every week.

It's funny how even the worst teams in the division look very good defensively when they play us. I think this says more about our ponderous, clueless play than it does about Sunderland. Their defense is one of the worst in the PL.

It's not even the scoreline. It's the non-existent amount of threat we offer when we try and build up attacks. Ivanovic is one of the major culprits with his horrid overlapping and clueless crosses. He doesn't have the pace or technical ability to be even a decent attacking full-back. He might get his crosses right sometimes, but the success rate must be very, very low.

quite the apologist

crossing ability is not that he can pick out the odd good cross. with time and space anyone will get crosses right. since he's in a crossing position so often he should be more consistent.

And I defended him as well because he at least got it into dangerous areas but I still maintain that Ivanovic kills a lot of our attacks and is below par offensively.

Actually no he didn't. When he was looking to cross it into space he tended to overhit them. When he actually had targets, he did a lot better but he suffered from a lack of viable targets and packed defences.