PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Hmm how can you compare a midfielder to a forward ? they are extremely different

Lavezzi is like a headless chicken, he runs a lot but can't do shit when he's got the ball, and he can't score to save his life unless it's a tap-in

had he not been argentinian, he'd be playing in a third division league in eastern europe

The tie will come down to whether we can shut PSG out or not. We have conceded the fewest goals in the CL this year (4), so we will need to keep that record up to progress.

In a sense we've faced most of their forward line when we played Napoli, worked out quite well, the home leg, anyway. Only player who makes me nervous is Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He is one of the few players in world football who can change any game on any level. Some call it arrogance, I call it confidence. If we can ruin his game flow we'll be alright. Sure they've got a great squad but so do we. I'd be happy if we score a goal there (1-0; 1-1; 1-2, 2-1) so we'll have all to play for next week.

I am not sure we handled Napoli attack quite well , we just remembered we won the 2nd leg but I remembered cavani got 2 very2 good chances that he missed early in the game.

So much written about this encounter, but so little said.

There is no doubt in my mind, Cech will be under immense pressure at Paris & with the likes of Zlatan & Cavani up front he can only hope Chelsea´s defensive lineup stand up to the occasion.

For me the key player will be Hazard. Either he has one of his better games or Chelsea is in trouble.

Just score one goal, draw or lose by a goal & PSG will get knocked out in London.

Hey fellows.

A little stat:

PSG 9 last games; 9 win, 27 goal scored, 0 conceded.

Anyway, what I find funny about this draw, is all the links we can do between these clubs; TS VS Luiz, Oscar VS Lucas, Maxwell, Ramires, Alex playing his former club, anyway many brazilians, Hazard, Ba and Eto'o are PSG fans, Mourinho knows and respects Blanc from ManU, Thiago Motta and Ibra from Inter ... Some kind of fratricidal war right :D

It may be the most interesting draw in this quarters. If Blues don't score in Paris, it will be difficult for them.

Also dont forget about one of the greatest Chelsea players of the last decade is with you now!

makelele.jpg

So much written about this encounter, but so little said.

There is no doubt in my mind, Cech will be under immense pressure at Paris & with the likes of Zlatan & Cavani up front he can only hope Chelsea´s defensive lineup stand up to the occasion.

For me the key player will be Hazard. Either he has one of his better games or Chelsea is in trouble.

Just score one goal, draw or lose by a goal & PSG will get knocked out in London.

I agree with you about Cech but I don't think Hazard is going to be key in the usual sense. Most likely he will be marked very closely by more than one man since that right back is in bad shape. The rest of the midfielders need to step up and turn that to our advantage. Ofcourse that is based on the assumption that he would be marked by two men. If not then that should be good news for Chelsea if he and the rest of our offense show up.

Like Chelsea, nothing in europe before Abramovitch, and still not an european top club 10 years later...

And don't tell me about the lucky CL win. All Europe agree that you were the worst CL winner ever. The way you beat Barca and Bayern, was so ugly. Oh wait actually you didnt beat Bayern...

LOOOL are you serious??? you do realize Chelsea made it to the quarter finals in 2000 beating Galatasaray 5-0 in Istanbul, drawing with Milan 1-1 at the San Siro and beating Barcelona 3-1 at Stamford Bridge! We also won the European cup winners cup twice! in 1971 and 1998 as well as winning the Uefa Super Cup in 1998! So sorry to break it to you Chesea done a lot in Europe before Abramovich! certainly a lot more then PSG!

and if Chelsea are not a top club in Europe then what on earth are PSG??? :wave:

I agree with you about Cech but I don't think Hazard is going to be key in the usual sense. Most likely he will be marked very closely by more than one man since that right back is in bad shape. The rest of the midfielders need to step up and turn that to our advantage. Ofcourse that is based on the assumption that he would be marked by two men. If not then that should be good news for Chelsea if he and the rest of our offense show up.

For me, Hazard needs to perform well, no matter how many are going to mark him. Two or even the whole PSG team. He definitely needs to create chances & of course, someone must convert them. As far as I am concerned, he is capable. I also see, Ramires is having a good game. Him being rested, he will run miles tomorrow. I hope, Samuel is playing too.

I agree with everyone, hazard is a key player especially against their sub-RB.....but the game will be decided by our other 2 AM's....usually every match hazard has two players covering him......we need players like oscar and willian to force space for hazard to exploit.....just look at the match against palace....lampard in the middle and almost everytime hazard got the ball there was 2 players in front of him....

imo oscar will steal the show ...his kinda game ....psg is not a team that plays with width so if we win midfield we win the match....

mourinho is more than capable of reading their flaws....sensibly 0-1/1-1 to us seems good....but i feel 1-2/0-2 to us might be the score... :halo:

------------cech-------------

--iva--cahill--terry--azpi--

--------luiz---ramires-------

--willian--oscar--hazard--

--------<dont care>--------

I agree with everyone, hazard is a key player especially against their sub-RB.....but the game will be decided by our other 2 AM's....usually every match hazard has two players covering him......we need players like oscar and willian to force space for hazard to exploit.....just look at the match against palace....lampard in the middle and almost everytime hazard got the ball there was 2 players in front of him....

imo oscar will steal the show ...his kinda game ....psg is not a team that plays with width so if we win midfield we win the match....

mourinho is more than capable of reading their flaws....sensibly 0-1/1-1 to us seems good....but i feel 1-2/0-2 to us might be the score... :halo:

------------cech-------------

--iva--cahill--terry--azpi--

--------luiz---ramires-------

--willian--oscar--hazard--

--------<dont care>--------

I certainly admire your optimism. Two zip for Chelsea? Do you honestly believe PSG is not going to score at all? Lol.

So i hear this will be the team for tomorrow -

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azplilicueta

Luiz - Lampard

Ramires - Willian - Hazard

Torres

Excuse me, but can you elaborate a bit? Where did you hear it?

Excuse me, but can you elaborate a bit? Where did you hear it?

Apparently Azpi Favorited a tweet with that line up last night, he has now un-favorited it, it may mean something or it may mean nothing we will see tomorrow.

Apparently Azpi Favorited a tweet with that line up last night, he has now un-favorited it, it may mean something or it may mean nothing we will see tomorrow.

Erm, why would he even favorite it to begin with?!

Thanks for your inside infos. Keep on trucking, but don´t believe in it. LoL.