Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get him good, if not we have a good promising CB here already in Zouma.

Hi friend!

I think next season will be the final consilacion for Kurt Zouma in our starting eleven. But it will be gradually because of the mindset of Jose. And probably it will be the last year for John Terry (c) as indisputable.

I believe Varane it would be totally indisputable for us. And at the beginning of the season would be Varane and John Terry our Centre-backs, but at the end of the season will Varane - Zouma with certainty.

Zouma, with Varane, is the Centre-Back with more future in the world. In fact I think that Jose could start playing with Varane and Zouma from the beginning of the season. That would be best for our future, with John Terry bringing its experience in big games.

Sign Varane would enable us to have a slow transition between the pair of Cahill - John Terry (c) and Varane - Zouma. Besides being a huge partner to the next decade.

By the way, apologize to the moderators of the forum because of my repeated messages before. It was my mistake and will not happen again. Thanks for delete them.

Regards.

Zouma is still very raw. He needs an experienced partner to play with. I can see Varane starting right away if he comes, but Zouma will take some time to become undisputed first choice. I can even see him being loaned out in Jan if he doesn't get enough starts with Terry, Varance and Cahill available for CB.

If we get him good, if not we have a good promising CB here already in Zouma.

Zouma is nowhere near Varane right now. Varane isn't promising CB lol it's like saying Pogba is promising CM but we have RLC for that. Facts : Varane would become undisputed first choice CB alongside JT while with Zouma it doesn't seems likely that he displaces Cahill in the near future. Mourinho tried something with Zouma but when things got dirty he came back to safe option which is Cahill.

Important.

According to "Don Balon" (a very reliable Spanish sports magazine) in a meeting to negotiate the future of David de Gea between Florentino Perez and Jorge Mendes on Monday 8 the Portuguese agent told Perez that Varane not trust in the Project Benitez and he wants to leave Real Madrid this summer being the favorite team Chelsea to sign him because it is the desire of the player.

"Don Balon" says that according to people close to Varane: "He has foot and a half out of Real Madrid."

"Varane has doubts that Benitez is the right coach for their future and for Real Madrid", "That with the draft of Benitez may pose a stalemate for the progression of his career" and "He doubts he can end the couple Pepe-Ramos With Benitez as coach. "

"Varane has a BIG offer from Chelsea and Mourinho has told him to force the machine to pressure Real Madrid and get his move to Chelsea.".

Again, "Don Balon" is a prestigious Spanish sports magazine, a historical magazine, and their information are usually very reliable and quite good. They know full well what happens in Spanish football.

Varane is still possible

I put a link of the news, but it is in Spanish.

In Spanish. http://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/6698/un-jugador-del-madrid-comunica-que-quiere-salir-porque-no-cree-en-benitez

In English. http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.donbalon.com%2Fnoticia%2Fdetalle%2F6698%2Fun-jugador-del-madrid-comunica-que-quiere-salir-porque-no-cree-en-benitez&sandbox=1

Regards.

Wow, thanks mate ! I still very much believe in Varane to happen.

Hi friend!

I think next season will be the final consilacion for Kurt Zouma in our starting eleven. But it will be gradually because of the mindset of Jose. And probably it will be the last year for John Terry © as indisputable.

I believe Varane it would be totally indisputable for us. And at the beginning of the season would be Varane and John Terry our Centre-backs, but at the end of the season will Varane - Zouma with certainty.

Zouma, with Varane, is the Centre-Back with more future in the world. In fact I think that Jose could start playing with Varane and Zouma from the beginning of the season. That would be best for our future, with John Terry bringing its experience in big games.

Sign Varane would enable us to have a slow transition between the pair of Cahill - John Terry © and Varane - Zouma. Besides being a huge partner to the next decade.

By the way, apologize to the moderators of the forum because of my repeated messages before. It was my mistake and will not happen again. Thanks for delete them.

Regards.

Hi

I agree with you, but with one thing to add.

Varane needed two seasons to fully establish himself under Mou at RM. Zouma so far has one season. Next year, he could maka major leap forward Like Varane did in second season.

If we bring Varane it will limit Zouma chances alot. He would probably go out on loan sadly. Thats why I think we should just keep faith in Zouma and give him more play time next season. Thats only way for him to improve like Varane did.

And also; Varane is getting way too much hype here. He is great prospect but he still has ups and downs. Much like Pogba.

Hi

Varane needed two seasons to fully establish himself under Mou at RM. Zouma so far has one season. Next year, he could maka major leap forward Like Varane did in second season.

If we bring Varane it will limit Zouma chances alot. He would probably go out on loan sadly. Thats why I think we should just keep faith in Zouma and give him more play time next season. Thats only way for him to improve like Varane did.

And also; Varane is getting way too much hype here. He is great prospect but he still has ups and downs. Much like Pogba.

He's 22!

Hi

Hi friend!

Totally agree with you about Zouma. And it's true, Varane need two seasons to be someone important for Jose. He came to Real Madrid in the summer of 2011 and he began to be important in January 2013. A progression that I think will be quite similar to Zouma.

So I think that Zouma probably not start the season as our first option, but over the season he finished being undisputed in our starting eleven as happened with Varane in Real Madrid.

Maybe it's just my feeling, but I think that Jose now wants to change its management of young players in his return with us. Zouma or Ruben Loftus-Cheek is an example. I think his mindset is changed gradually, though very slowly, and now he wants to create 3 or 4 young players from their harvest. And I hope that those players are Varane - Zouma - Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Ake and Solanke.

I think Varane is a strategic player for our future. He has had problems with Real Madrid and therefore he has not been able to reach their best performance. First it was that the medical staff of Real Madrid are not medical professionals of the sport. They are normal doctors of a business from one private medical company "Sanitas" very famous in Spain and which pays a lot of money to sponsor Real Madrid but their doctors are horrible. And Varane had a knee problem for a year and Madrid doctors were not able to retrieve him and Varane had to go to France with Lens doctors to fix his knee problem. Second is that the couple Pepe - Ramos has considerable power Real Madrid. They control the mass media and any coach who face them can suffer what Jose suffered in Real Madrid.

But when Varane played more than 5 consecutive matches he proves to have a spectacular performance. With Jose he may be the best in the world before the end of the season.

To me Zouma should be indisputable, but perhaps Jose thinks differently. I think he had to have played many more games this season in place of Cahill. And I hope that Zouma have a spectacular performance in the preseason to convince Jose.

John Terry (c) will fulfill 35, and we have to think about our future. And with Zouma and Varane our future would be guaranteed for the next decade.

Regards.

He's 22!

Exactly. He will not make our defence twice better instantly. He is amazing prospect that will eventualy become one of best CBs in world, but we have such prospect in Zouma. Dont see why wouldnt we focus on our players and give them chance instead of buying buying buying.

I wont be dissapointed having Varane here at all, IMO best prospect in CB department in world, but right now someone like Godin would suit us more.

We will never see Mou play Zouma-Varane because those two are way too young to play at same time, maybe eventualy. Therefore if we get Varane, Zouma will be even more sidelined than he already is and I dont like that at all. Zouma is our Varane. Period. Varane needed two seasons to break through, we should give Zouma that time too.

If Mou will give Varane and Zouma equal chances, then Im all for it. I just hate the fact that people bandwagon other teams talents and when/if we get them completely ignore that we have similar ones in our team already, just a bit more raw. Guess what, if Varane wasnt given play time, he wouldnt be as good either. Give Zouma more playtime (he certainly did well enough this season to get more time) and he will show progress. One more season and he could be on par with Varane in pure defending (Varane is ball playing CB that Zouma will probably never be as good at it though)

Hi friend!

Totally agree with you about Zouma. And it's true, Varane need two seasons to be someone important for Jose. He came to Real Madrid in the summer of 2011 and he began to be important in January 2013. A progression that I think will be quite similar to Zouma.

So I think that Zouma probably not start the season as our first option, but over the season he finished being undisputed in our starting eleven as happened with Varane in Real Madrid.

Maybe it's just my feeling, but I think that Jose now wants to change its management of young players in his return with us. Zouma or Ruben Loftus-Cheek is an example. I think his mindset is changed gradually, though very slowly, and now he wants to create 3 or 4 young players from their harvest. And I hope that those players are Varane - Zouma - Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Ake and Solanke.

I think Varane is a strategic player for our future. He has had problems with Real Madrid and therefore he has not been able to reach their best performance. First it was that the medical staff of Real Madrid are not medical professionals of the sport. They are normal doctors of a business from one private medical company "Sanitas" very famous in Spain and which pays a lot of money to sponsor Real Madrid but their doctors are horrible. And Varane had a knee problem for a year and Madrid doctors were not able to retrieve him and Varane had to go to France with Lens doctors to fix his knee problem. Second is that the couple Pepe - Ramos has considerable power Real Madrid. They control the mass media and any coach who face them can suffer what Jose suffered in Real Madrid.

But when Varane played more than 5 consecutive matches he proves to have a spectacular performance. With Jose he may be the best in the world before the end of the season.

To me Zouma should be indisputable, but perhaps Jose thinks differently. I think he had to have played many more games this season in place of Cahill. And I hope that Zouma have a spectacular performance in the preseason to convince Jose.

John Terry (c) will fulfill 35, and we have to think about our future. And with Zouma and Varane our future would be guaranteed for the next decade.

Regards.

You are spot on everything. Though I think it will have to happen something spectacular that Mou will play Zouma and Varane (who are now 20 and 22) at same time as our starting CBs in NEAR future. Eventualy very possible, but I think he will always prefer a more experienced CB next to Varane/Zouma.

For example, Terry will retire next or in two seasons, then Varane will be 24 and Zouma 22 and even if they perform brilliantly, I dont think Mou will consider playing them at same time in CL semis or similar big matches. Another problem is that both Zouma and Varane need experienced CB to play next to now, while developing. It will be damn hard to give both of them regular time here to develop. Zouma would go on loan I guess, but I dislike that idea alot.

Exactly. He will not make our defence twice better instantly. He is amazing prospect that will eventualy become one of best CBs in world, but we have such prospect in Zouma. Dont see why wouldnt we focus on our players and give them chance instead of buying buying buying.

I wont be dissapointed having Varane here at all, IMO best prospect in CB department in world, but right now someone like Godin would suit us more.

We will never see Mou play Zouma-Varane because those two are way too young to play at same time, maybe eventualy. Therefore if we get Varane, Zouma will be even more sidelined than he already is and I dont like that at all. Zouma is our Varane. Period. Varane needed two seasons to break through, we should give Zouma that time too.

If Mou will give Varane and Zouma equal chances, then Im all for it. I just hate the fact that people bandwagon other teams talents and when/if we get them completely ignore that we have similar ones in our team already, just a bit more raw. Guess what, if Varane wasnt given play time, he wouldnt be as good either. Give Zouma more playtime (he certainly did well enough this season to get more time) and he will show progress. One more season and he could be on par with Varane in pure defending (Varane is ball playing CB that Zouma will probably never be as good at it though)

Varane is a great CB NOW and is much better than zouma with a higher ceiling.

Varane is a great CB NOW and is much better than zouma with a higher ceiling.

Agreed on this first part, but the great thing about potential is that it is limitless, and Happy has precisely the correct mixture of hard work and determination to push himself far. Its impossible to say at this stage who will be better out of Zouma and Varana, but right now, yes, of course, Varane is the more adept footballer.

Isn't Varane already established defender ?

But surely will be in 2 years. Chelsea have JT and Ivanovic for experience in the next 2 years. By 2017 Varane should play in lots of El Classicos, Champions League final, World Cup, Euro at home soil. Many, many games under pressure.

Today "Don Balon" again insists to say that Varane wants to join Chelsea for next season.

In a report where they say that players from other teams do not want to join to Real Madrid for not trusting in the draft of Benitez. In addition, contends that several Real Madrid players do not trus in Benitez, and say that Jose has spoken to several Real Madrid players to explain how bad it is Benitez as coach.

At the end of the news "Don Balon" says: "And even Varane wants to leave for Chelsea of 'Mou' before putting on the orders of Rafa."

Varane is still possible!

In Spanish. http://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/6761/los-fichajes-que-dan-largas-al-madrid-ante-las-dudas-del-proyecto-benitez

In English.
http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.donbalon.com%2Fnoticia%2Fdetalle%2F6761%2Flos-fichajes-que-dan-largas-al-madrid-ante-las-dudas-del-proyecto-benitez&sandbox=1

Gotta love my obsession with Varane xD whenever I start a new season at PES or Football Manager I go and buy his sorry ass xD

I have said it before and I'll say it again I would hapily donate my left dangley if it would bring Varane to us. It makes me drool imagining him and Happy together. Throw Pogba into that and France would worship us.

Oh please thou great atoms of the universe bring us Varane.

So mote it be!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You