Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

IMO we'll buy Varane for £50m and RM will buy another Galactico in David Luiz for the same money from PSG.

People here are forgetting that RM are a business rather than a club. Otherwise Ramos would have been gone a long time ago, and Diego Lopez would still be between the sticks as opposed to Casillas.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO we'll buy Varane for £50m and RM will buy another Galactico in David Luiz for the same money from PSG.

People here are forgetting that RM are a business rather than a club. Otherwise Ramos would have been gone a long time ago, and Diego Lopez would still be between the sticks as opposed to Casillas.

Casillas is their homegrown legend, 500+ appearances for RM, worked his way through the youth sides, one of the best goalkeepers of all time...he was never going to be permanently replaced by Diego Lopez

We will get him. Real Madrid already tried to offer Illaramendi in part of the deal for Aymeric Laporte in January. But Bilbao said no, they want cash only. Also they don't want to make this easy for Real and doesn't want to sell even euro less than release clause, so Real would have to pay taxes on top of that clause. However, I think they're going to strike a deal. In the summer it will be easier and if Bilbao still want Illaramendi they somehow meet at the middle ground, I hope so.

But why Real need Laporte there's the question. Replacement for Varane or his partner ?

Varane already gave a couple of hints here and there that he doesn't want to speak about the future and only focus on this season. I didn't get for a one bit a conviction that this player is really committed to Real for the next 6 years.

They're still on the phone with Jose. Jose adores the kid and says that he's one of the 3 best young players in the world while Varane says that Jose is the best coach he had, because he was really honest with him and gave him the chance.

I see this transfer going through. It's one of 2 top priorities in the summer.

We will get him. Real Madrid already tried to offer Illaramendi in part of the deal for Aymeric Laporte in January. But Bilbao said no, they want cash only. Also they don't want to make this easy for Real and doesn't want to sell even euro less than release clause, so Real would have to pay taxes on top of that clause. However, I think they're going to strike a deal. In the summer it will be easier and if Bilbao still want Illaramendi they somehow meet at the middle ground, I hope so.

But why Real need Laporte there's the question. Replacement for Varane or his partner ?

Varane already gave a couple of hints here and there that he doesn't want to speak about the future and only focus on this season. I didn't get for a one bit a conviction that this player is really committed to Real for the next 6 years.

They're still on the phone with Jose. Jose adores the kid and says that he's one of the 3 best young players in the world while Varane says that Jose is the best coach he had, because he was really honest with him and gave him the chance.

I see this transfer going through. It's one of 2 top priorities in the summer.

I think it is just simply because Pepe is 33.

IMO there is no way RM will sell varane unless we pay crazy amount of money (Di Maria case)

I think it is just simply because Pepe is 33.

IMO there is no way RM will sell varane unless we pay crazy amount of money (Di Maria case)

I'd be willing to pay a "crazy amount of money"

Assuming we keep him for 15 years (a little optimistic, but it makes the numbers easier) and we pay £60m, which is a lot for a defender, that's £4m a season. Not a bad return, and that's the way FFP will look at it too.

Assuming we keep him for 15 years (a little optimistic, but it makes the numbers easier) and we pay £60m, which is a lot for a defender, that's £4m a season. Not a bad return, and that's the way FFP will look at it too.

Like you said, it is crazy to pay that amount of money for a defender.

The only reason for you to pay that kind of money is for a player who can decide a match almost by himself i.e if there is another hazard out there, I have no problem shelling out that kind of money.

interesting accounting if we keep him for 30 years its only £2 m a year plus his wages of course ,

Like you said, it is crazy to pay that amount of money for a defender.

The only reason for you to pay that kind of money is for a player who can decide a match almost by himself i.e if there is another hazard out there, I have no problem shelling out that kind of money.

pff a quick CB would be an excellent investment. Enabling us to play a high line would improve our game by leaps and bounds. There is no powerhouse in Europe with as slow a backline as Iva-Cahill-Terry-Azpi. The only reason Barca get away with it is because coaches are cowardly in their tactics towards them and their front 3 can exert such pressure on a back line. Especially one such as ours, which is too slow. and the fact Iva is bombing forwards so much just makes things worse. The only reason we've done well in the league is because Matic is so good at what he does. If we were looking at Mikel as first choice we'd probably be calling for Terry and Cahill's heads, because all of the pressure would be on those two as opposed to being partially absorbed in midfield, and that Oscar and Willian put in a shift defensively.

Ladies and Gents, first post here!! :D

I so wish we could get Varane. We would've gotten him too if it weren't for the freak injury crisis Madrid are going through right now. If Madrid had their full XI fit, Varane would've spent the end of season on the bench, convincing him to move elsewhere. After the performance he put against AM, Real aren't going to sell and Varane will believe he has a chance to cement his place in XI.

Unless Mou adds a personal touch like he did with Cesc, I can't see him coming. Even then RM won't be willing to sell, I think.

The signing of Varane is a personal issue for Jose. He is his franchise player. I think Jose has already convinced Varane to come with us.

One week ago He spoke about his situation at Real Madrid when a reporter asked if he would continue in Real Madrid next season, and Varane replied that he only thinks this season with a straight face.

Zouma - Varane is our future

Although there is also the possibility of putting Varane as Right-Back with Zouma - Laporte as Centre-backs.

Zouma Laporte

Varane Azpilicueta

http://statics.memedeportes.com/mmds/2015/04/MMD_508979_gif_usain_bolt_no_es_varane_increible_la_carrera_que_se_pega.webm

(I was only joking :P)

Regards.

Don't get Varane because Madrid will use that money for Pogba. Let him stay on their bench tbh.

If Madrid want to buy Pogba they will whether we buy Varane or not. What they would hypothetically do with the money we'd pay for Varane should be the least of our concerns.

The signing of Varane is a personal issue for Jose. He is his franchise player. I think Jose has already convinced Varane to come with us.One week ago He spoke about his situation at Real Madrid when a reporter asked if he would continue in Real Madrid next season, and Varane replied that he only thinks this season with a straight face.

Zouma - Varane is our future

Although there is also the possibility of putting Varane as Right-Back with Zouma - Laporte as Centre-backs.

Zouma Laporte

Varane Azpilicueta

http://statics.memedeportes.com/mmds/2015/04/MMD_508979_gif_usain_bolt_no_es_varane_increible_la_carrera_que_se_pega.webm

(I was only joking :P )

Regards.

Why did he sign a new contract at RM then? Can't see him go anywhere in the next 2 years.

Why did he sign a new contract at RM then? Can't see him go anywhere in the next 2 years.

To earn more money ? Because when he first signed he was 18 years old boy with only one season of senior football and without big hype around him. His second contract was signed when he already played in the World Cup, in El Classico, in the Champions League final. I think that one is pretty clear.

Signing new contract seriously doesn't mean that much. And even if Varane wouldn't sign the new one, he would still have 2 more years of his old deal.

He's not gonna create a havoc to set up his departure but rather makes himself available in the summer. That's where Chelsea are stepping up with their pursuit.

The players have now more power in their hands, if they want to go, they go with the money going the other way.

Hi friend!

I totally agree with the words of Blue Colored Sky.

It is a very important a factor to believe that Varane will leave Real Madrid this summer: Sergio Ramos and Pepe are, right now, the players most beloved by the fans of Real Madrid and for the president Perez, for the players, for Ancelotti. Right now they are the leaders of Real Madrid.

And for the president Florentino Perez right now Pepe is His leader on the team.

If everything remains the same next season Pepe and Ramos will be the partner of Centre-Backs for Real Madrid because both the president, as Ancelotti, players, and especially fans of Real Madrid are totally in love with Ramos and Pepe.

Another problem: CRISTIANO RONALDO. He has energetically asked for the renewal of the contract of Pepe and Ramos because they are good friends. Ronaldo has a lot power in Real Madrid.

This is the the problem of Varane. If he continues at Real Madrid it is more likely that his situation remains the same next season, a season where the Euro is played in his country...

And Varane needs to play every week to continue his spectacular progression.

And I think Jose has already convinced Varane completely to come with us.

Believe me, we have many options to sign Varane.

Regards.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You