Jan Vertonghen

Viper22

The first thing i'll say is that, despite his age, no one is pushing JT out of the team in the near future. He's our number 1. The way he's playing there is no way he'll be 3rd choice next year.

The only scenario I could see this happening is if Luiz was sold. But even still, I don't think José rates him judging from his comments about him after the Spurs game. I would take him, but for no more than Spurs paid and there's no way we'd get him for that price with that bitter wanker Levy there.

TBF to spudz, they are a selling club. The club survives by selling their best players.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time i watch Spurs he is lazy as fuck and nearly every single Spurs fan i know backs that up.

Not to mention sullen, but I guess I wouldn't be to happy if I had to play for Spuds and that nitwit they have in the technical area.

Never too sure what to think of this guy. Has exceptional talent, likes to move forward with the ball and is good in the air and handy in the tackle BUT can seem incredibly moody and I've seen him just give up on games (City away being the obvious example).

To me he's another of these guys who plays alongside the main guy (JT) and we desperately need that next main guy. If we're going into next season with Terry, Cahill and Zouma then another young guy with the potential to grow into being the next lynchpin of our defence is required, and if he's available then that's Varane for me all day long.

About the attitude issues: I don't think he's ever been reprimanded for that until he was at Spurs, and if you see the kind of defensive partnerships and the lack of managerial grace he has to deal with, this might be one of the reasons for that.

Technically, he is astute. He has far more passing ability than any of DL, Terry or Cahill. He is faster than the two latter also, but probably doesn't offer their amount of power and grinta. Defensively, he's more reliable than DL but less than the other two. I do believe that he has leadership qualities and that he could organize a defense (after a year of development under guidance of Cahill and Terry).

Besides, I think that Cahill is improving so much this year that he would be the likely candidate to fill in Terry's shoes starting 2015/16. Jan could do well beside him by then.

Plus, he can play on LB also and can provide a good cross.

Of course, if you don't like the player's style or face or attitude, that's something else completely.

Was disappointing yesterday, the goal they got in was lazy defending from him.

Absolutely hate the dive he took, and indeed second player that had a red card because of him this season.

Don't approve at all and i don't want him here but there's a manager that is known for using shit like this to win at all cost, no names ofc;)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You