Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Why is Cech losing it?

He’s been incredibly nervous lately. It’s probably just a coincidence, but he doesn’t look very confident when Terry is not there and Luiz takes his place. Now I don’t blame Luiz for that at all, that’s just an observation. Cech is usually very calm.
Or perhaps there is some pressure because of Courtois? But I doubt that, he seemed very sensible about it in his latest interview.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He’s been incredibly nervous lately. It’s probably just a coincidence, but he doesn’t look very confident when Terry is not there and Luiz takes his place. Now I don’t blame Luiz for that at all, that’s just an observation. Cech is usually very calm.
Or perhaps there is some pressure because of Courtois? But I doubt that, he seemed very sensible about it in his latest interview.

Nah not having it, it's people trying to point fingers at the wrong people when it suits them after a few so called poor results.

Two things, Mourinho thinks this is important trophy but the players desire, lack of urgency says otherwise. As well it can be tiredness but that's the job of the manager to rotate the players.

Second we miss Terry just as they miss aguero and fernandinho with us.

So it even out.

They where the best, and at this moment still the best team in the land.

We have shown glimpses of our potential but we are not there to sustain it for a full season.

Maybe next season we will be ready.

Nah not having it, it's people trying to point fingers at the wrong people when it suits them after a few so called poor results.

I’m not pointing fingers at all. I’ve said “it’s probably just a coincidence”.

As long we are this shit in attack, playing on luck, opponent mistakes and hoping to score goal somehow, as long Mou plays so defensive against fucking West Broms or WHUs, we wont be a real threat for some time. Mou is master tactic, big game coach, but he is clueless how to beat low team by big difference. Im sure we have a team that could completely destroy at least one team in PL, but Mou cant do that. He doesnt have skill to beat a team 8:0 or sth like we did last year with Villa. Such win would be extremely imoportant moral boost for our attacking players. Right now we play very reserved, this 1:0 protecting the lead is such bullshit. Yes we win in the end, but we could win by 2/3/4/5 goals, not a single fucking one. Ffs Liverpool is destroying teams here and there, we just sit back protecing 1:0. What kind of fucking football is that? Mou is great in big games, but he is idiot when comes to small ones and goes for that 1:0 win when he should go for 3:0 win at least.

We are in transition now so its ok for this season but I will be damn pissed if we will win PL next year and still play 1:0 80% of the games. We spend 100 mio per year for new players and its time for Mou to start showing that. Defensive tactics agains small teams are ridiculous. Its terrible to look this team and players like Hazard who win just by 1:0 or even draw/lose vs small teams because Mou tactics while we should be running the show.

And ffs Mou rest some players!

As long we are this shit in attack, playing on luck, opponent mistakes and hoping to score goal somehow, as long Mou plays so defensive against fucking West Broms or WHUs, we wont be a real threat for some time. Mou is master tactic, big game coach, but he is clueless how to beat low team by big difference. Im sure we have a team that could completely destroy at least one team in PL, but Mou cant do that. He doesnt have skill to beat a team 8:0 or sth like we did last year with Villa. Such win would be extremely imoportant moral boost for our attacking players. Right now we play very reserved, this 1:0 protecting the lead is such bullshit. Yes we win in the end, but we could win by 2/3/4/5 goals, not a single fucking one. Ffs Liverpool is destroying teams here and there, we just sit back protecing 1:0. What kind of fucking football is that? Mou is great in big games, but he is idiot when comes to small ones and goes for that 1:0 win when he should go for 3:0 win at least.

We are in transition now so its ok for this season but I will be damn pissed if we will win PL next year and still play 1:0 80% of the games. We spend 100 mio per year for new players and its time for Mou to start showing that. Defensive tactics agains small teams are ridiculous. Its terrible to look this team and players like Hazard who win just by 1:0 or even draw/lose vs small teams because Mou tactics while we should be running the show.

And ffs Mou rest some players!

Erm we didnt play defensive against WHU...

Liverpool might be scoring more than us but they still dropped points just like us. We aint playing 1-0's we just dont have an amazing striker/s like Liverpool and Man City. Think you need to relax a little, this time last year we werent even sure we would finish in the top four.

Two pointers to make:

1. Ever since we drew 1-1 against West Brom on Tuesday, have seen people used the excuse of 'tiredness' for the two points dropped and again, the same excuse being thrown about after the defeat today. While I agree that maybe a factor in why we suddenly experienced two poor performances and results, it is only valid till a certain extent IMO. It's too easy after performances and results like this to say it's down to fatigue. Had some people pointed out to me that today's match was our 4th game in 13 days but am not exactly buying it especially when we had a range of 2-4 days of rest in between those matches to rest and prepare. If anything, this could well be the inevitable drop in form after having played so well and achieved many positive results over the past 1 1/2 months.

That of course lead to the point of why Mourinho hasn't rotate the starting XI a little bit more. While I do agree that he should be playing the likes of Schurrle, Cole etc more, one could also argue that because the starting XI put out today has been performing well and got us to where we are and hence Mourinho probably didn't see the need to change and disrupt any consistency especially when we have been pretty much playing one game per week since the start of January. One, however, suspects Mourinho will probably rotate a tad more (hopefully) over the coming weeks tough games in the league and Champions League match coming up as well as not forgetting Matic and Salah are suspended for the latter competition.

2. Said this before and not doubting Terry's influence and leadership in this team for one moment but if we are THAT reliant on him, then I fear for us when he retires. It's a bit concerning that when you look through this team and there isn't a standout leader that takes charge in the manner that Terry does or one that does in their own way but vocal and commanding enough to make himself trustworthy and reassuring to other players and us fans watching the game. Look through the team and we can probably see some that can be a leader but not necessarily a standout one to lead us in the future. There doesn't seem to be one that is stepping up to the plate and take complete charge when Terry or even Lampard isn't even playing. At this rate, we may well have to simply pick one fella to be captain and hope he does a good job.

Bad game all around tonight and kinda highlights the problems we have going into the final stretch. John out is obviously massive, but up front we still have immense troubles breaking down even mid-low table defenses. Today we didn't even bother their back.

Azpil was my MOTM; he at least showed some heart out there.

It's ok losing a football match. It's ok to lose at Man City.... but what i want to know is wtf was that? We didn't do anything. It's like Jose wanted City to win just so they'd have more games to play and we can focus on the league. Really horrible strange performance considering what we did to them in the league. And i'll also say this... i really hope Jose sells Luiz, fucking liability most of the time and Ramires. Ramires is the worst player i've ever seen with a football at his feet. Sure he gives everything but he's awful in possession.

Anyway less of the ranting, i as all of us know the focus is top 4 this season and trophies next season. Don't be despondent and trust the special one. We will dominate again, just not yet.

Never witnessed such a clueless performance! Not 1 fucking single shot on target is total embarrassment. apparently the only way we can play is on counter-attacks which City hadn't a hard time to shut us down completely. other than that we have no plan to attack or open up defenses it was a pattern this season.