Jase

Man of the Match  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has been said 1 million times, but Terry was a big miss.

Luiz is better in midfield than at CB, and Mikel doesn't have anywhere near the same aggressiveness Luiz offers in that position.

Ramires though is a real donkey. I really want to give him some credit for at least "trying" to get the ball to others, but his execution is ridiculous for a footballer at one of the world's top clubs.

And why would Man City's game against Barca matter at all to Mourinho?

You missed the point. Jeez! must I have to break down everything to some folks? I merely said Jose was trying to play safe and not put everything out there, so he wouldn't have to play every three days. Being out of the FA cup now gives him more time to prepare for important cups. Contrary to most, I think his priority is The BPL and the champions league. He's very clever at masking his real goals and intentions. Pelelgrini was playing with emotions and got suckered in into a rivalry that didn't really exist. He put too much into a cup that carries less weight. If you have watched Jose's teams long enough, you will be able to tell when he really wnats to go out for the win at all costs.

We were dominated and lost. The better team won. But lets be honest, Man City wanted this win more than we did. Our players were tired from the visit to WBA whilst City had a break. In fact, if going out of FA cup to City helps us win the league (less games, more rest) then I rather go out. League is far bigger than the FA cup. Let's now hope City lose to Everton or Liverpool/Arsenal.

@Barbara, I have absolutely no intention of putting down Oscar here in any way, just to clarify. Just find it strange that despite Mourinho said he wants to build the team with Oscar as the No.10, like the focal point in the team. Of course, Mourinho would not tie himself down to that and change his approach when necessary but the issue with that is if the counter attacking game plan is thrown out of the window like today after we conceded so early, then it becomes a problem when you have someone like Ramires out wide. He has all the energy, stamina and pace but his horrible lack of ability and skill probably overshadows that particularly when he's out of form like now.

then why keep repeating he hasn't been used in the big matches clearly implying that Mourinho doesn't pick him for reasons? I may have misunderstood you - I have a headache, which is a rare event, maybe I'm not thinking straight after having so many peaks of high fever, so if that's the case I apologize.

Yes, Mourinho said he wants to be build his team around Oscar as a #10, but he's also said many times and implied Hazard is his main guy. I think when he says he wants to build the team around Oscar, I think he means Oscar as the starting point, not the key point. It makes no sense when you see how Hazard has more freedom and many times Oscar drops deep - to help others. If he was supposed to be the kind of #10 that wasn't only the starting point of building the team, but the center of the team, the main guy that had everything gravitating around him, we'd see that in the tactics, but we don't.

Mourinho shouldn't play Oscar - because I think he has a good strategy playing away against those attack experts like City. Replacing him with a Ramires is worse than playing Oscar - with only average pace - imo. Ramires is fast, but he destroys about 80% (if not more) of the attacks he breaks with his pace. So what's the point? I think we improved slightly when Oscar was in the team, despite not having any pace.

I guess I agree with this post of yours, I don't with the first - or at least with my interpretation of the first... my head hurts way too much for me to try to understand that, lol, but as I said, my apologies if I misunderstood you. I really thought you were trying to mine Oscar's importance to Mourinho. He's very important, not the most important, and also far from being irreplaceable or absolute in team. He isn't consistent, decisive or even ready for that. And still when he's all those, I still believe Hazard will be a couple of steps ahead of him and will continue to be the main attraction.

I ain't saying it was his fault but in my opinion Peter Cech is on his last legs at Chelsea.... I seen Mikel in Central London the other week while I was driving, a fella stopped to get a a picture taken with him, my only regret is that I didn't mount the pavement and Iron him out.

Yes but unless its given it doesnt matter. When I see players stopped running because they know its offside it pisses me off. Not like linesman have never made mistakes.

Sitting in your living room and watching a slowed down or frozen screen (Screen shot) instant replay is not the same as game speed. The BPL is is the fastest paced league in the world. That time delay is a fraction of fraction of a milisecond.

You missed the point. Jeez! must I have to break down everything to some folks? I merely said Jose was trying to play safe and not put everything out there, so he wouldn't have to play every three days. Being out of the FA cup now gives him more time to prepare for important cups. Contrary to most, I think his priority is The BPL and the champions league. He's very clever at masking his real goals and intentions. Pelelgrini was playing with emotions and got suckered in into a rivalry that didn't really exist. He put too much into a cup that carries less weight. If you have watched Jose's teams long enough, you will be able to tell when he really wnats to go out for the win at all costs.

Jose is a winner. He isn't a guy who wants to accept second best, ever. He considers the FA Cup important, he was explaining that in his press conference yesterday. If he was 'playing safe' and 'not putting everything out there' then why did he not play Schwarzer? Why did he risk Cahill? Why did he play Matic, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Eto'o, Willian and Ramires? The mind boggles...

Face it city have extremely good squad depth somthing we don't have. Their players where fresh and it shows by Today's result. Top 4 is our priority and then the summer transfer window anything else is a bonus.

There is no difference in squad depth. We have players worth millions on the bench just like City and some players cannot even get on our bench due to our squad depth. We should be aiming for top 2 really. Got kinder fixtures than the rest, a good squad and a perfect manager. They just were the better team today. Simply that.

Yet we are the one's who ended up playing our first team while they did not play their 1st choice starting 11.