70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only the cup.. Calm down.

The players were tired so much!

I miss Terry... we conceded 2 goals in 11 matchs with him. without him, 3 goals in 2 matches.

Stats are really nice because you can manipulate and use them to support a point of view.

Terry was the CB when the team conceded 6 goals in 2 matches.

Nasri is faster than Luiz, Cahill or Terry, and Luiz didn't stopped running...get out of his back, as I said before, 0 shoot in 90 minutes, outplayed for the whole match and some people paying too much attention to some hands in the air.

Go and watch it again, he jogged for a bit because he thought it was offside then he ran to catch up with Nasri. Stop defending his shoddy defending. I already said everyone had a bad game but Im sick of seeing Luiz at CB. He is terrible there.

every last player looked flat no desire which is shocking.. if we were going to lose like that he might as well have given Hazard and Willian Matic a rest and played Lampard Schurrle Salah.. very poor from everyone and from Mou was out coached today

Face it city have extremely good squad depth somthing we don't have. Their players where fresh and it shows by Today's result. Top 4 is our priority and then the summer transfer window anything else is a bonus.

Everyone was useless today. The most embarrassing thing was watching us constantly pass the ball around the back, same against West Brom, we're so poor at starting attacks from the back. This leads me to my next point, i thought D.Luiz was king at this? many people keep on saying he's vital in our team because he starts our attacks, nonsense.

Mikel, Luiz, Willian, Ramires, Ivanovic, Matic and Hazard were all poor today, just looked disinterested. Also Mourinho was on bad from tonight, Salah for Eto'o? very weird sub.

The thing that annoys me the most is that this was against City's second team...

This season, we've been average playing from the back. the passing side to side and a central defender breaking the first line of pressing was quicker under Benitez.

Against the teams that let our central defenders have the ball, we've been average, they can have 10 players behind the ball against 5-6 players and man marking, cutting all passing options.

If our back 4 were quicker to pass the ball and was pushing higher, we could play quicker passes as the back line and midfield would be closer to each other.

666297-728_computer_reaction_face_knife_

Embarrasing, so much mediocrity in this team. Several players need a rest but still, the difference between City and us is that they have players in every area who are at least decent on the ball.

Our team is 20% brilliance 80% clumsiness.

So spot on that I want to fly all the way to Belgium to hug you.With players like Mikel,Ivanovic and Ramires in the team we will struggle because they are technically weak and they will lose the ball with minimum pressing.We need players who are comfortable on the ball no matter how tight the situation is imo.

Pretty bad overall, didn't look like our minds and intentions were into this fixture at all. Clearly tired. Their second goal looked offside, attacking players were terrible, another meh performance and week for us.

Hopefully it ends here and we pick up again this coming week.

I think you missed the part when Luiz stopped running and put his hand in the air as if it was offside. Had he carried on running he might have intercepted. Cahill mopped up after Luiz throughout the match.

Dude, again, the man was offisde. Please go look at the video again.

if we want to play a pacey counter attack we won't use a guy who 'isn't the slowest either'. You want pace you use the quickest players in the squad, but some people want to take a jab on Oscar - as some say around here, they have an agenda to prove Oscar isn't used in big matches :rolleyes:
Mourinho is faithful to his strategies, not to make players his main guy. Also have you been drinking? Oscar isn't and has never been the main guy in this team. Just because he took the position from the guy who used to be the main guy, it doesn't make him the main guy...
I'm not going to discuss this with you - or others anymore. You may think Mourinho doesn't trust or want Oscar for the main matches. I think it's not the case, but not going to say the same thing for the 2349083495846th time. If we play Madrid or Bayern I expect the exact same formation, as well as playing Liverpool (all matches away)

@Barbara, I have absolutely no intention of putting down Oscar here in any way, just to clarify. Just find it strange that despite Mourinho said he wants to build the team with Oscar as the No.10, like the focal point in the team. Of course, Mourinho would not tie himself down to that and change his approach when necessary but the issue with that is if the counter attacking game plan is thrown out of the window like today after we conceded so early, then it becomes a problem when you have someone like Ramires out wide. He has all the energy, stamina and pace but his horrible lack of ability and skill probably overshadows that particularly when he's out of form like now.

That was the worst Chelsea I've seen in a while this season (considering I missed the WHU match and can't talk about it).

So we lost, the boys seemed uninterested, there aren't any positives because we weren't able to compete at all.

Well there's a small positive. I've watched this City team destroy teams that were playing much better than we did and although they weren't with their full force, they were much more effective today than they were two weeks ago, so having conceded only two goals against a team as dangerous as them in the attack is a consolation prize.

I've already moved on from this match... and then people (journalists mostly) question or don't believe Mourinho when he says this team isn't ready to be a contender in EPL... that today just proved why. We still fluctuate in our form and some matches every now and then we just don't show up. I don't know what make them uninterested but I hope Mourinho gives them the lecture of the century and get them focused on Everton, ready to give not only their blood, but their soul in the pitch.

Next please.

Dude, again, the man was offisde. Please go look at the video again.

Yes but unless its given it doesnt matter. When I see players stopped running because they know its offside it pisses me off. Not like linesman have never made mistakes.

more dissapointing than losing is that our players didnt get a much needed rest and played in the end, for nothing. shold have given players like schürrle or ba/torres time from the beginning and rested willian, ramires and hazard at least. horrible game by all meanings today. we have to get ourselves back up, the crucial part of the season comes now.

I dont get why people are saying our players werent inerested. they were, they were just tired. willian is looking half dead and mou still plays him every game. same goes for hazard. ramires is also bloody tired. etoo too.