Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Ok. Mourino shook the hornets nest and they really stung back tonight. They learned to mark tight and high up the field, and they never really let us play. So., although we were complete shite, you have to give City credit for their game plan.

Now lets move on and win the League :blue scalf:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why would Man City's game against Barca matter at all to Mourinho?

Because our fan would think of any excuse to defend him no matter what? Ranging from the players errors to mindset and all that, no one thought about his crap half heart containment tonight?

Ok. Mourino shook the hornets nest and they really stung back tonight. They learned to mark tight and high up the field, and they never really let us play. So., although we were complete shite, you have to give City credit for their game plan.

Now lets move on and win the League :blue scalf:

With our back 4 very static in the build-up, they could mark us tight and even cut passing lanes as they know our back line doesn't run into midfield to open things.

then why keep repeating he hasn't been used in the big matches clearly implying that Mourinho doesn't pick him for reasons? I may have misunderstood you - I have a headache, which is a rare event, maybe I'm not thinking straight after having so many peaks of high fever, so if that's the case I apologize.

Yes, Mourinho said he wants to be build his team around Oscar as a #10, but he's also said many times and implied Hazard is his main guy. I think when he says he wants to build the team around Oscar, I think he means Oscar as the starting point, not the key point. It makes no sense when you see how Hazard has more freedom and many times Oscar drops deep - to help others. If he was supposed to be the kind of #10 that wasn't only the starting point of building the team, but the center of the team, the main guy that had everything gravitating around him, we'd see that in the tactics, but we don't.

Mourinho shouldn't play Oscar - because I think he has a good strategy playing away against those attack experts like City. Replacing him with a Ramires is worse than playing Oscar - with only average pace - imo. Ramires is fast, but he destroys about 80% (if not more) of the attacks he breaks with his pace. So what's the point? I think we improved slightly when Oscar was in the team, despite not having any pace.

I guess I agree with this post of yours, I don't with the first - or at least with my interpretation of the first... my head hurts way too much for me to try to understand that, lol, but as I said, my apologies if I misunderstood you. I really thought you were trying to mine Oscar's importance to Mourinho. He's very important, not the most important, and also far from being irreplaceable or absolute in team. He isn't consistent, decisive or even ready for that. And still when he's all those, I still believe Hazard will be a couple of steps ahead of him and will continue to be the main attraction.

Should take a rest then and perhaps I could help you with that..

b8176865b7d8d070_tumblr_msyrhbPjcM1sio22

:P:Goober:

Jose is a winner. He isn't a guy who wants to accept second best, ever. He considers the FA Cup important, he was explaining that in his press conference yesterday. If he was 'playing safe' and 'not putting everything out there' then why did he not play Schwarzer? Why did he risk Cahill? Why did he play Matic, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Eto'o, Willian and Ramires? The mind boggles...

Just because I name certain players to my squad does not mean diddly, it depends on the game instructions. Obviously you don't understand the tactical aspects of the game. The coaches instructions determines the way the team plays not the line up. Does taking out your only striker at half time and putting in a pint sized winger in at half time when you're chasing the score and game sound like someone trying hard to win and score goals?

No way is our team ready for trophies and big victories - yet. It will be, I’m certain of that.

Last year that was no direction, no vision, no philosophy. Now THAT was truly depressing. I can understand people are disappointed today, but when I read something like “now we MUST win the league” I truly don’t get it.

For me the promise of meaningful future and strategy is far more important than winning anything this year. And for the first time in many years the journalists don’t ask the “when will he be sacked” question every week. That’s not something Chelsea fans are used to :-).

Yet we are the one's who ended up playing our first team while they did not play their 1st choice starting 11.

Do we have a first team? Lol.. Please tell me..I'm curious to know our first team.

Do we have a first team? Lol.. Please tell me..I'm curious to know our first team.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Dave

Matic Ramires

Willian Oscar Hazard

Eto'o

Well 1st team for standard games against most teams

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Dave

Matic Luiz Ramires

Willian Eto'o Hazard

Against top top teams like Barca, Bayern, City, Madrid

Was that so hard?

dude, think this way: we were dreadful, dire, poor, lifeless. Still they only beat us by 2.

I think that's something to take from this match... Wilner worked much better for them than whoever played there two weeks ago - can't remember okay? lol, I suppose it wasn't demichellis, but still, Wilner brought something else to their game today. So our worst presentation gives them a 2-0. Spurs and United would be dying for a result like this in all honesty :lol: