Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I am just annoyed our best chance of a trophy is gone. Also the way we lost it is terrible, no pride, no climax. Similar to that Arsenal-Spurs game 3rd round. I would be happy if City won because they were the better team and we gave it our best shot, but the players just decided to throw the game away before kick off. No offense but with that attitude you won't win many big things. You get paid £100k per week, at least show some effort for it. This team's mentality need questioning imo, they don't seem like a Jose team at all.

Unable to hang on against Bayern in super cup then lost, lose to an underdog in Capital 1 Cup through the last min, afraid to have a go at a better team, losing many points through bad late defending against crap teams. But saying this, if we stuff Gala in 2 weeks away from home and remain top of the BPL by then, things will be forgiven for the moment.

Your right, the first two times I thought we gave everything against City I was very proud of them.

Today there was nothing no life, no fight. Bad

Everyone is talking about Arsenal burning out maybe we are :(

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a little horse remember???

I think back to the past 3 seasons - am I happier now - YES

WE are building something for the future - we have seen glimpses of it and like a crack addict we want more!!!

Patience is what's needed. So we lost. Big deal. The lads were outplayed - doesn't happen much to us - so if/when it does, just goes down as a that's life moment. Do I think this will happen next year? Or the year after - NO!

It takes time to instil a winning mentality in players - it's a long process and some never make it...

Do I expect changes in the summer? YES

Why? Because some players cannot cope with the system and Jose is learning 24/7

If we can do well in the EPL and not get embarrassed in the CL - will this season be a success? YES

You gotta look at where you travelled from, to know where you are travelling to! We're halfway (ish) down a long road... Lets give it a few more miles before we chuck in the towel... It's a Marathon not a sprint...

My 2p worth :)

This little horse story is boring and annoying as hell.

When Jose said that Arsenal are big horse and Chelsea little one - it all become a joke and lost all credibility.

No way Jose considers Arsenal bigger favourites than us, he knows they will fall apart soon - like the rest of the public.

The problem with our horse is not his size - it's the way he runs and skips obstacles.

He does this in very limited and unimaginative way - he spends most of his time running like a mad man, he tracks back a lot and chases ball from his opponents, when he gets it he is finding ways to score , after he scores he sits back and counter attack.

That's against even smaller horses than him ( placed from 7-20 place on the table).

Against equaly big or even bigger horses our horse has only two goals: to sit back and counter attack. That's the plan that works most of the time - especially when other horses opt to attack more and more and leave our horse lots of free space to run and counter attack. Then our little horse produces amazing performances.

The problem however occurs when other horses opt not to attack and to leave it to our horse. Then our horse becomes little confused - he is great when has to chase the ball - but when he has the ball at his feat and can't run, he often don't know what to do with it - he lacks vision, skill, creativity and tehnical ability to manipulate the ball in tight space, when faced with well organized defence.

That's what makes competing difficult to our horse , not his size.

We are still favourites, as all of you will probably say when we win the next five games.

City fans can do one accusing us of everything under the Sun on twitter this evening. So far I've seen us blamed for

• Interrupting the minute's silence
  • Throwing bricks outside the ground
  • Fighting stewards
  • Being racist to stewards
  • Bottling and stabbing 2 City fans outside the ground
  • Smashing up their stadium

Oh and apparently the aggro at full time was completely our fault

BgjNGELIUAA0l55.jpg

Almost all of these have been proved false through the course of the evening. Looking to cause problems. At least we were good before Abramovich, unlike them.

This little horse story is boring and annoying as hell.
When Jose said that Arsenal are big horse and Chelsea little one - it all become a joke and lost all credibility.
No way Jose considers Arsenal bigger favourites than us, he knows they will fall apart soon - like the rest of the public.
The problem with our horse is not his size - it's the way he runs and skips obstacles.
He does this in very limited and unimaginative way - he spends most of his time running like a mad man, he tracks back a lot and chases ball from his opponents, when he gets it he is finding ways to score , after he scores he sits back and counter attack.
That's against even smaller horses than him ( placed from 7-20 place on the table).
Against equaly big or even bigger horses our horse has only two goals: to sit back and counter attack. That's the plan that works most of the time - especially when other horses opt to attack more and more and leave our horse lots of free space to run and counter attack. Then our little horse produces amazing performances.
The problem however occurs when other horses opt not to attack and to leave it to our horse. Then our horse becomes little confused - he is great when has to chase the ball - but when he has the ball at his feat and can't run, he often don't know what to do with it - he lacks vision, skill, creativity and tehnical ability to manipulate the ball in tight space, when faced with well organized defence.
That's what makes competing difficult to our horse , not his size.
We are still favourites, as all of you will probably say when we win the next five games.

WE know what Jose means ,,, mostly he is just taking the piss out of the media and Wenger ,, Someimes he is serious . It isnt really difficult to distinguish between which mode .

I think some are underestimating how incredibly difficult it is when you're playing against top opposition that has the advantage over you in physical & mental freshness. City were just more energized than we were. I think it's really as simple as that. Every time hazard or Willian received a pass with their back to goal, Kompany would surge forward immediately and would make a strong tackle. It's very hard for the attacking players to win those kind of battles after playing a tough away game three days ago and another three days before then. And of course, if the players are not winning their individual battles then the opposition grows even more in confidence and just like that, you're on the back foot. It was a disappointing performance, but I wouldn't dwell on it too long.

The worry though for me is that our general build up play is substandard for a team challenging for the title and that's not just a conclusion that I've drawn from this game but something that's evident over the course of the season. I get that we're a counter attacking team but in games like this where the opposition is clearly more rested, stronger and tactically setup to prevent us from counter attacking, what then is the plan? Jose needs to figure out something because we're almost entirely reliant on scoring goals from counter attacks. There were periods in the game where city allowed us time on the ball knowing full well that we're quite poor in working out openings. The difference in quality between City's combination plays, quick passes, movement etc and the way we build our attack is just staggering. Hopefully with time, the team can improve in this.

It's one less competition to worry about, people may say that isn't the way to think but truth remains is it's gone and we can do nothing to change it.

Keep cracking on in the league and CL and enjoy the remaining games.

I didn't understand why before the match, many were saying this was a weak City team.

For me it was a stronger team than the one we were playing in the league.

Garcia Milner with Toure is stronger than Demichelis Toure. And the fullbacks could attack being less exposed.

Jovetic with Dzeko is better than Dzeko Negredo as Jovetic can play a bit deeper between the lines, causing more problems for the center backs and defensive midfielder.

And Navas is a one trick pony, always going outside on his right foot for a cross.