Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Just now, milan.cech said:

He looks like a dinosaur when he is trying to actually play football. He is a Stoke type defender - defend, block, massive body, clear the ball as far as possible. Not Chelsea material. I never really liked him.

Only time I liked him was went Mo would bring him on as extra DMF in last 10 minutes to lock down a 1 nil.

I don't want to be too harsh on him and this isn't necessarily about today's game more in general. I've never really rated him as a player, as a talent. Just too cumbersome and sloppy with the ball and lacks a great deal of defensive awareness.

His technical ability is shocking for a football player. Zouma is like the Lukaku of centre-backs and that might even be disrespectful to Lukaku as the Belgian is actually a solid player and has an impressive scoring record. Zouma hasn't proven anything yet at the elite level in a top club and I'm not convinced he can. Rudiger can't come back soon enough. 

18 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Zouma is like the Lukaku of centre-backs and that might even be disrespectful to Lukaku as the Belgian is actually a solid player and has an impressive scoring record. Zouma hasn't proven anything yet at the elite level in a top club and I'm not convinced he can. Rudiger can't come back soon enough. 

The Donkeybaka of CB's too

ironically all 3 were/are Chels lads:(

He looks half the player that was playing regularly and then got injured aged 20/21. Never seen a player regress that much.  Not the only one to blame, but when I saw his face after that tackle I knew the game was lost, his facial expression was so full of horror and knowing that he had no right to be in that place. I have really been wrong about him, I thought he had matured on loan but he really has not developed at all as a player.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Almost begs the question how he's a professional when he looks so awkward on the ball. 

same question I ask about Bakayoko.

I think it's their physicality: it can only take you so far though. They are both super strong athletes, but really poor on the ball.